Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by kpower27
Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the number of classes you can apply under?

I may be missing something but it looks like everyone who meets the requirements for FSW will also meet the requirements for CEC. Does this mean that these applicants will be entered into the draw for both FSW and CEC or are they only entered into one?
Don't you mean that everyone who qualifies for CEC also qualifies for FSW?

Because it's entirely possible to not have any Canadian work experience but still qualify for FSW.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:20 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by waltsdog
It looks like it's the 8000 global cap that has been met, so no it would not matter what NOC code you applied under (mine was an A btw).
I can PM you the links if you want to take a look (Don't think I can, or should be posting links to other forums here).
Yeah you can PM me the link, although I probably don't want to see the result haha
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doubleym
Don't you mean that everyone who qualifies for CEC also qualifies for FSW?

Because it's entirely possible to not have any Canadian work experience but still qualify for FSW.
Ah, I see the difference now. I had read it as FSW needed 1 year's Canadian work experience rather than just skilled work experience.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 9:14 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Don't want to be a downer, but I've also got a CEC application in from Dec 2014 and from looking at other forums it seems pretty clear to me that the 8000 cap was met around the 20th Oct. (No more fees have been taken since that date on the various spreadsheets)
Some people who applied in October have started seeing their applications returned, as we applied in December I think it'll be a while before they start returning those.
Just spoke with my consultant and her words were "The last time I checked was December 2nd and 4500 applications had been accepted of the 8,000 cap"

I am still hopeful
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Just FYI, CIC's twitter says that the first draw will be before the end of Jan.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:17 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Enough funds/still eligible....what does that even mean?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

They've raised the amount of funds you need available by about $300, it's just shy of $12000 now, although I think that's just for FSW but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
If you click the link further down the replies they confirm that there will be a draw before the end of Jan.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 2:34 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

They've raised the amount of funds you need available by about $300, it's just shy of $12000 now, although I think that's just for FSW but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
If you click the link further down the replies they confirm that there will be a draw before the end of Jan.
Err they haven't got long to go ...

We haven't really looked into the funds side of it as it's not applicable to us that's why I wasn't sure..
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

779 ITA's were issued for people with 886 points or more.
"Foreign nationals who, on January 31, 2015 at 11:59:48 UTC, have been assigned a total of 886 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

This was posted on facebook by someone. Unfortunately I can't find a link to where they got it from. Seems like a rather low number of people though...
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:18 pm
Happy in Alberta

So excited......we received an ITA. How many others did??
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:28 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

I'm trying to look at this positively and hope that they made the draw a few days and not actually right at the last minute... And it was only last minute they let people know.

We completed the profile last night and had scored 996 but a few categories had yet to be scored such as CEC/work experience etc. Profile said it takes 24hrs to update some sections so complete score should be available to us tonight or tomorrow. Looks like we missed it by literally a day though... Very frustrating. Still based on scores and news so far we should probably get remaining bits of application together so we're good to go.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the Press Release/Ministerial Instruction has been pulled, because the link to it on some other forums doesn't have the Ministerial Instruction any more:

Ministerial Instructions

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #1 – January 31, 2015 11:59:48 UTC

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (January 31, 2015).

Ottawa, January 31, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (January 31, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on January 31, 2015 and ending on February 1, 2015 is 779.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on January 31, 2015 at 11:59:48 UTC, have been assigned a total of 886 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

Last edited by withabix; Feb 1st 2015 at 3:38 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

I also noticed that there has been an Amendment to the procedure, applicable from 30th January 2015.

Not sure what implications it has, because I haven't looked for the clauses yet, but it's something to to with Education:

Ministerial Instructions amending the Ministerial Instructions respecting the Express Entry system (Clarification regarding level of education – Section 22)
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:28 am
Muskoka, Ontario

So profile accepted 1 Feb 2015... Skills level A job. Noc 3112

I misread what my husband had so overall score is 979... Eligible for FSW.

However for some reason we can't work out and he is phoning tomorrow, he does not qualify and has not been scored for Canadian work experience despite having worked here for a year... Go figure.

The rest are as follow based on hubby. I haven't scored anything as education still being assessed and haven't worked here and didn't do a language test either!!!

CRS Age... 25 (he's over 40)

CRS Education 126

CRS First Language 128

CRS Skills transferability 50

Foreign Work Experience 50

CRS Arranged Employment 600

I guess it goes to show that the system isn't infallible if it is failing to recognise working here for a year and scoring that.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tirytory
So profile accepted 1 Feb 2015... Skills level A job. Noc 3112

I misread what my husband had so overall score is 979... Eligible for FSW.

However for some reason we can't work out and he is phoning tomorrow, he does not qualify and has not been scored for Canadian work experience despite having worked here for a year... Go figure.

The rest are as follow based on hubby. I haven't scored anything as education still being assessed and haven't worked here and didn't do a language test either!!!

CRS Age... 25 (he's over 40)

CRS Education 126

CRS First Language 128

CRS Skills transferability 50

Foreign Work Experience 50

CRS Arranged Employment 600

I guess it goes to show that the system isn't infallible if it is failing to recognise working here for a year and scoring that.
I've seen on other forums lots of people with issues regarding the correct calculation of work experience, usually due to periods of work that are separate but still total up to 12 months in the last 3 years.

I've also seen issues with confusion about the rounding of dates or something, it's definitely not as straightforward as you'd expect.

Has he just ticked over the 12 month mark? It may not register until the end of the month if it's rounding up by month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.