Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:49 pm
  #31  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
siobhannr07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi, sorry for asking another question!

I was hoping for some advice please. I submitted a profile and it came back ineligible. I think I know where I have made the mistake, but it won't let me amend or delete this failed profile.

In MyCIC it just has the profile with an application number attached and says transmitted and will only allow me to view the form.

Is it acceptable for me to create another profile, but under the same MyCIC account? On MyCIC page there is a section that says What Would You Like To Do Today and one of the options is Apply For EE? If I were to select this do I use this is there a way to link up my old failed profile with hopefully the new correct one?

Also when entering the WES ECA report number in to the EE profile is that the WES reference number on the assessment page and without the letters at the end of the reference?

Many thanks!
siobhannr07 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:40 pm
  #32  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Anybody heard anything about the first draw?

We haven't submitted a profile yet as we forgot to get the actual results of the ECA so have to wait a further 10 days to get them. Good news is that we have the CELPIP results.... Almost perfect score although my husband is actually very cross that he doesn't know where he would have lost the point on the writing section. Hoping we can get a profile in soon!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 4:57 pm
  #33  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw.

From here: Express Entry System

CIC will post it on their site, Canada Gazette and probably on Twitter shortly before it happens. They had planned to do the first draw during the last week of January, however that doesn't look very likely to me at the moment as the Canada Gazette doesn't get published until Saturday or failing that every second Wednesday. But who knows really..
waltsdog is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 5:41 pm
  #34  
Happy in Alberta
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Anybody heard anything about the first draw?

We haven't submitted a profile yet as we forgot to get the actual results of the ECA so have to wait a further 10 days to get them. Good news is that we have the CELPIP results.... Almost perfect score although my husband is actually very cross that he doesn't know where he would have lost the point on the writing section. Hoping we can get a profile in soon!
I have been checking our profile account daily and no updates for us as of yet, I haven't seen or heard anything from anyone else either. It must have to happen soon though....
sms1984 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 5:44 pm
  #35  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

There has been nothing from CIC.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 6:02 pm
  #36  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

I tried to post this earlier but it didn't work for some reason: Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw
That's from the CIC website, they will post the draw date on the website and in the Gazette which comes out each Saturday and every other Wednesday.
waltsdog is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 6:05 pm
  #37  
Happy in Alberta
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by waltsdog View Post
I tried to post this earlier but it didn't work for some reason: Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw
That's from the CIC website, they will post the draw date on the website and in the Gazette which comes out each Saturday and every other Wednesday.
Very helpful thanks
sms1984 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:03 pm
  #38  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the number of classes you can apply under?

I may be missing something but it looks like everyone who meets the requirements for FSW will also meet the requirements for CEC. Does this mean that these applicants will be entered into the draw for both FSW and CEC or are they only entered into one?
kpower27 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:40 pm
  #39  
Happy in Alberta
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by kpower27 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the number of classes you can apply under?

I may be missing something but it looks like everyone who meets the requirements for FSW will also meet the requirements for CEC. Does this mean that these applicants will be entered into the draw for both FSW and CEC or are they only entered into one?
We applied under the old rules in December 2014 and if we receive AOR before we hear anything from express entry we will withdraw our express entry profile, similarly if we hear anything from express entry before we get AOR from the old system we will withdraw that application
sms1984 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:50 pm
  #40  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

I meant more for new applications.
If people are applying now for FSW class through express entry, they will also meet the requirements of the CEC. If they are then entered into the draw for both CEC and FSW they will have a better chance of being invited to apply as they will most likely outrank applicants who only qualify for CEC.
If that is the case then I don't understand why there still are differing classes or requirements.
kpower27 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:50 pm
  #41  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by sms1984 View Post
We applied under the old rules in December 2014 and if we receive AOR before we hear anything from express entry we will withdraw our express entry profile, similarly if we hear anything from express entry before we get AOR from the old system we will withdraw that application
Don't want to be a downer, but I've also got a CEC application in from Dec 2014 and from looking at other forums it seems pretty clear to me that the 8000 cap was met around the 20th Oct. (No more fees have been taken since that date on the various spreadsheets)
Some people who applied in October have started seeing their applications returned, as we applied in December I think it'll be a while before they start returning those.
waltsdog is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:57 pm
  #42  
Happy in Alberta
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by waltsdog View Post
Don't want to be a downer, but I've also got a CEC application in from Dec 2014 and from looking at other forums it seems pretty clear to me that the 8000 cap was met around the 20th Oct. (No more fees have been taken since that date on the various spreadsheets)
Some people who applied in October have started seeing their applications returned, as we applied in December I think it'll be a while before they start returning those.
Does it not depend on what NOC code you belong to?
sms1984 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 8:01 pm
  #43  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by kpower27 View Post
I meant more for new applications.
If people are applying now for FSW class through express entry, they will also meet the requirements of the CEC. If they are then entered into the draw for both CEC and FSW they will have a better chance of being invited to apply as they will most likely outrank applicants who only qualify for CEC.
If that is the case then I don't understand why there still are differing classes or requirements.
I've read through all of the EE documents I could get and it still isn't clear to me if there will be separate draws for each class or not.

*Speculation warning* I suspect it will just depend on the week the draw happens as if you take a look at the info I posted earlier (included below) it seems that CIC will be free to change the rules for each draw based on the job market at the time. This seems to be the general point behind EE as they have said that the old system was too slow to adapt to the changing job market.


Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw
waltsdog is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 8:04 pm
  #44  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by sms1984 View Post
Does it not depend on what NOC code you belong to?
It looks like it's the 8000 global cap that has been met, so no it would not matter what NOC code you applied under (mine was an A btw).
I can PM you the links if you want to take a look (Don't think I can, or should be posting links to other forums here).
waltsdog is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2015, 8:11 pm
  #45  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by waltsdog View Post
I've read through all of the EE documents I could get and it still isn't clear to me if there will be separate draws for each class or not.

*Speculation warning* I suspect it will just depend on the week the draw happens as if you take a look at the info I posted earlier (included below) it seems that CIC will be free to change the rules for each draw based on the job market at the time. This seems to be the general point behind EE as they have said that the old system was too slow to adapt to the changing job market.


Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw
By default, the draws are supposed to be purely based on CRS score, but they have the ability to make specific draws for specific programs if necessary.
doubleym is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.