Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jan 15th 2015, 10:16 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
kswoosh's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 267
kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi




No. ECA and language results must be input for EE
ECA?

So you have to submit it all in one go, you can add 'new' bits later?

What happens if you have an EE application, then get PNP after, do you have to withdraw your applicaiton for EE, then resubmit it, or can you just amend it?
kswoosh is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 12:41 am
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by kswoosh View Post
ECA?

So you have to submit it all in one go, you can add 'new' bits later?

What happens if you have an EE application, then get PNP after, do you have to withdraw your applicaiton for EE, then resubmit it, or can you just amend it?
I'm pretty sure you don't need your ECA results straight away, you just won't receive points for your education unless you have it.

Unless FSWP requires it then perhaps you'd be prevented from creating a profile since you'd first need to qualify for FSWP.

I know there are people that have created profiles without ECA results so far and you can update them. But you do definitely need your IELTS results to start.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:29 am
  #18  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,650
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi

Originally Posted by doubleym View Post
I'm pretty sure you don't need your ECA results straight away, you just won't receive points for your education unless you have it.

Unless FSWP requires it then perhaps you'd be prevented from creating a profile since you'd first need to qualify for FSWP.

I know there are people that have created profiles without ECA results so far and you can update them. But you do definitely need your IELTS results to start.
Please read the instructions you need the ECA and your ielts
PMM is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:39 am
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi



Please read the instructions you need the ECA and your ielts
Which instructions?

Fill out your profile – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Here it states that you don't require an ECA if you have a year's worth of Canadian Experience (for CEC) or are experienced in a skilled trade (for FSTP).

You will need to take a language test. We will use your test results to see if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the federal programs that are part of Express Entry.
If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.
This is not mandatory if:
you got at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
It then goes on to say that even if you don't require an ECA, you may want to obtain one otherwise you wouldn't receive points for education.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:14 pm
  #20  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by doubleym View Post
Which instructions?

Fill out your profile – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Here it states that you don't require an ECA if you have a year's worth of Canadian Experience (for CEC) or are experienced in a skilled trade (for FSTP).



It then goes on to say that even if you don't require an ECA, you may want to obtain one otherwise you wouldn't receive points for education.
Of course it does make it clear that the higher amount of points indicate ability to settle in Canada and it does look like they literally go on a points system and no one really knows how many that is, so I think it's wise to go for as many as is technically possible.
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:19 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Of course it does make it clear that the higher amount of points indicate ability to settle in Canada and it does look like they literally go on a points system and no one really knows how many that is, so I think it's wise to go for as many as is technically possible.
Yes it is obviously better to have the most points possible, my point is that you do not always need ECA results to create your profile in the first place.
Also remember you can update your profile as time goes on, if you're waiting for ECA results but you are able to create a profile without them, there is no downside to submitting the profile in the interim and then updating it with the ECA results later.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:31 pm
  #22  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by doubleym View Post
Yes it is obviously better to have the most points possible, my point is that you do not always need ECA results to create your profile in the first place.
Also remember you can update your profile as time goes on, if you're waiting for ECA results but you are able to create a profile without them, there is no downside to submitting the profile in the interim and then updating it with the ECA results later.
Mmm I feel like first go might be anybody's best shot... As it happens for us, my husband needed ECA to be able to work anyway so we have it all ready to go. Hubby is sitting the English language test as I type so just have to wait for results of that and his complete year on the 20th of this month!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:43 pm
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Mmm I feel like first go might be anybody's best shot... As it happens for us, my husband needed ECA to be able to work anyway so we have it all ready to go. Hubby is sitting the English language test as I type so just have to wait for results of that and his complete year on the 20th of this month!
That's cool, I meant it more for people that haven't started the ECA process yet or don't have a chance of getting it before the first draw, nothing to lose by getting a profile in just in case

Is he doing IELTS or CELPIP? IELTS is quicker at getting the results out I believe, you might just scrape in assuming the draw is at the end of the month? Otherwise you'd be all set for the next one for sure
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:48 pm
  #24  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by doubleym View Post
That's cool, I meant it more for people that haven't started the ECA process yet or don't have a chance of getting it before the first draw, nothing to lose by getting a profile in just in case

Is he doing IELTS or CELPIP? IELTS is quicker at getting the results out I believe, you might just scrape in assuming the draw is at the end of the month? Otherwise you'd be all set for the next one for sure
CELPIP... I know I'm hoping we scrape in!!! Not sure when first draw is!!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:15 pm
  #25  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
CELPIP... I know I'm hoping we scrape in!!! Not sure when first draw is!!
All the information we have from CIC says the last week of January, we still don't have a solid date.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:18 pm
  #26  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by doubleym View Post
All the information we have from CIC says the last week of January, we still don't have a solid date.
Mm it will be close... I know it shouldn't matter to wait an extra month but having made a decision i just want all the tiresome/time consuming paperwork out of the way so we can get on with living especially with a baby on way in March.

Have you sorted out police check etc ? Are you in Canada?
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:46 pm
  #27  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Mm it will be close... I know it shouldn't matter to wait an extra month but having made a decision i just want all the tiresome/time consuming paperwork out of the way so we can get on with living especially with a baby on way in March.

Have you sorted out police check etc ? Are you in Canada?
I'm in Canada now yes, Canadian police checks should be coming back in the next week I believe, UK ones the week after.

ECA/IELTS all done and profile is in the pool so just the waiting game now
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2015, 12:07 am
  #28  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,971
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Police checks are only valid for 3 months though aren't they? Was wondering whether we should be asked to apply before sending off- going to get pics and paperwork ready though!!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2015, 1:48 am
  #29  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Police checks are only valid for 3 months though aren't they? Was wondering whether we should be asked to apply before sending off- going to get pics and paperwork ready though!!
Police checks are indeed valid for 3 months, I'm prepping all the documents in the hope of an ITA soon, I want to be able to submit the PR application as soon after that as I can.
doubleym is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2015, 12:44 pm
  #30  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
siobhannr07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi,

I have started to complete my EE profile and I was just hoping for some advice please?

My highest level of edu is a bachelors degree, for which I had an ECA completed, I have entered this into my profile, but do I also need to enter my high school and sixth form education too?

Also what did people out for the work history question where they have asked for the date you became qualified to practice in this occupation? I wasn't sure how to answer this one as I am an admin assistant and so didn't have to complete a course/receive a certificate to do this job, would it be the date my degree was completed or the first day of my first admin job?

Sorry I may just be over analyzing the questions in the profile!!

Many thanks
siobhannr07 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.