Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old May 15th 2015, 11:38 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Don't worry... We're pretty much the same timeline...literally we submitted two days after you so's probably on it's way. I don't know what the interference will have done to our case either...
How long was you had to wait between it bern rejected and then accepted again? I'm really pleased that worked out for you btw
Old May 16th 2015, 1:30 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
How long was you had to wait between it bern rejected and then accepted again? I'm really pleased that worked out for you btw
We had the "returned" email on the Tuesday. Spoke to CIC (nothing doing) and the MP on the Wednesday.. Email the following Monday reinstating the application.
Old May 21st 2015, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

11/04/2015 EE Profile activation
17/04/2015 ITA
13/05/2015 Application, payment
16/05/2015 AOR
21/05/2015 Medicals status to "passed"
21/05/2015 Document request

The request goes like this :

Dear djaybi:
This letter is about your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have begun processing your application. To make a decision, we need the following information/documents:
 93239233 - Djaybi:
Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document
 This must be received at this office by: 2015/05/28
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.

Of course, I did upload a legible scan of my passport with all the stamped pages on the initial application. Did this already happen to anyone ? Should I just reupload the same file, or scan it all over again, including blank pages ?
Old May 21st 2015, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

JuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that a passport request i.e. great news?!

Whatever CIC ask for, just give them again? I would include the blank pages if it is not clear.

I am sure you are almost there, Good Luck
Old May 21st 2015, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably due to a failed upload, given the 7-day deadline they have given you and the standard letter wording.

It has happened to quite a lot of people.

I got that same letter to upload my CELPIP certificate (can't remember if this was required as part of the original submission??)

We are beta-testing CIC's website for them.....

They do seem to be processing your file pretty quickly though!

Last edited by withabix; May 21st 2015 at 3:05 pm.
Old May 21st 2015, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Ok thanks
I'll just rescan it including all the pages. Too bad you can't check your uploads on the initial application, I wanted to do it but there's no way...
Regarding the processing speed, I was indeed surprised to have the medicals assessed in less than a week ! Hope it goes on like this !
Old May 21st 2015, 3:24 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by djaybi
Ok thanks
I'll just rescan it including all the pages. Too bad you can't check your uploads on the initial application, I wanted to do it but there's no way...
Regarding the processing speed, I was indeed surprised to have the medicals assessed in less than a week ! Hope it goes on like this !
Wow that's awesome news for you, congrats . We submitted our application on March 3rd and still nothing has been passed yet we have had requests for further documents. I'm really starting to worry about it now
Old May 21st 2015, 4:32 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Argh it's so frustrating...how come some people get asked to resubmit uploads that must have failed and we get a returned application?! It's sorted now but still... And then there's the difference in processing times between people...
Old May 21st 2015, 4:36 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Argh it's so frustrating...how come some people get asked to resubmit uploads that must have failed and we get a returned application?! It's sorted now but still... And then there's the difference in processing times between people...
We will definitely deserve a large glass of something when all this is over
Old May 21st 2015, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone advise on what the process is with medicals?

I have received an ITA but can't see a checklist of documents yet as I am still trying to track back over 10 years for specific dates of employment/travel to complete the application.

Is there a medical form on the checklist that you have to take with you to your medical or is this given to you by the physician upon completion of the medical?

Also, does anyone know if you can edit the application again after you get through to the document checklist section?
Old May 21st 2015, 5:51 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by kpower27
Can someone advise on what the process is with medicals?

I have received an ITA but can't see a checklist of documents yet as I am still trying to track back over 10 years for specific dates of employment/travel to complete the application.

Is there a medical form on the checklist that you have to take with you to your medical or is this given to you by the physician upon completion of the medical?

Also, does anyone know if you can edit the application again after you get through to the document checklist section?
You just book your medical and turn up, they upload all the results but will give you a sheet of paper with a barcode reference which you upload to your application as proof that you had it.

Yes you can edit and upload replacement docs but be careful if the info you are editing differs from that which you supplied in your profile for an ITA
Old May 21st 2015, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sms1984
Yes you can edit and upload replacement docs but be careful if the info you are editing differs from that which you supplied in your profile for an ITA
I have something that differs in mine. On the initial Express Entry profile my residence is Canada (error on my behalf, I'm just on a tourist visa right now, I just wanted to make sure the mail got to Canada where I'm staying at, whatever). On my real application, it is France (I am still a French resident).
What could happen and what should I do ?
Old May 21st 2015, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the people at CIC have some common sense and can tell the difference between misrepresentation and a mistake.

The same applies to job titles - employers' HR departments records and job titles don't necessarily concur with what you put on the initial submission....
Old May 22nd 2015, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice.

I didn't include my full ten years work experience in the express entry profile as it wasn't specifically requested.
I just included work related to my current profession. Going back ten years would include a lot of part time work in retail while I was at
university.

Should I add all these jobs into the work experience section or just note them in the personal history section?

It's gonna be near impossible to get references with the detail required for these positions.
Old May 22nd 2015, 1:26 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by kpower27
Thanks for the advice.

I didn't include my full ten years work experience in the express entry profile as it wasn't specifically requested.
I just included work related to my current profession. Going back ten years would include a lot of part time work in retail while I was at
university.

Should I add all these jobs into the work experience section or just note them in the personal history section?

It's gonna be near impossible to get references with the detail required for these positions.
You do need to go back 10 years. It does specifically ask for that amount of time. It will need to go into the work experience section and then later you will be asked to submit a personal declaration form which is basically what have you been doing for the last 10 years. As regards references, if you can't get them, how about pay stubs, p45 anything that relates to your time the Rest? Otherwise a letter explaining why you can't provide it should be sufficient..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.