Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old May 7th 2015, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

+1
Having more than 600 points kind of guarantees you to be drawn at the next round, given that the minimum requirements for the last draws in April were below 500 points.
The last round was April 17th, so there should be one soon !

Last edited by djaybi; May 7th 2015 at 7:14 pm. Reason: spelling...
Old May 8th 2015, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Prolifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond repute

But they pick both CEC and FSW applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the draw, correct?
Old May 8th 2015, 4:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Prolifix
But they pick both CEC and FSW applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the draw, correct?
No, not necessarily. Draw 2, I believe was CEC only.
Old May 8th 2015, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

I believe not. Your score in points (thus ranking) is not influenced by the category you are eligible to.
The logic goes like this :
1/ Are you eligible to one of the programs ? (Skilled worker, Experience class, etc).
2/ if yes, you can be in the pool, and they give you points for what you are right now ( age, education, past experience, etc),
3/ Once you're drawn and sent an ITA, you apply, period. You don't need to worry or choose a particular category, Express Entry does it for you.
Old May 9th 2015, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Like others have mentioned, there was one draw that was stream specific, but every other one has been open to all (although the high scores weren't achievable for CEC applicants until the more recent draws, they weren't specifically excluded).
Old May 10th 2015, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

No, not necessarily. Draw 2, I believe was CEC only.
Oh I wasn't aware of this, sorry about misleading.
Old May 14th 2015, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that there hasn't been a Draw since 17th April.

I wonder if they are taking a 'break' to fix all of the mistakes, errors and website faults that they have found during our Beta testing of the system?

Will there be one this weekend? On a holiday weekend? We can only wait and see!
Old May 14th 2015, 10:09 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

So just updating ours...

Review of eligibility.....Review in progress
Medical Results..........Passed
Submitted documents Provided
Interview..................Not needed at this time
Background check......In progress
Final Decision.............Not started

Do they routinely interview for PR application?
Old May 14th 2015, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
So just updating ours...

No, it's an 'if required' item, although is anything 'routine' in EE?

Ours is the same apart from Background check not started.

I'm impatient. Only been trying to achieve this on-and-off since 2008
Old May 15th 2015, 3:03 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tirytory
So just updating ours...

I'm starting to panic, we submitted our application 3 months ago and still our medicals haven't been set to passed I wish all this was over so we can get on with life without it hanging over us
Old May 15th 2015, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sms1984
I'm starting to panic, we submitted our application 3 months ago and still our medicals haven't been set to passed I wish all this was over so we can get on with life without it hanging over us
Have you checked that you haven't missed any messages or letters on your CIC login? Some of them are in drop-downs.

It might be worth a call to the helpline.

It will either raise a flag that they have a problem or they will tell you it's in process.

Nothing to lose by making a call - remember we are Beta testing their system for them!

Last edited by withabix; May 15th 2015 at 3:22 pm.
Old May 15th 2015, 3:29 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by withabix
Have you checked that you haven't missed any messages or letters on your CIC login? Some of them are in drop-downs.

It might be worth a call to the helpline.

It will either raise a flag that they have a problem or they will tell you it's in process.

Nothing to lose by making a call - remember we are Beta testing their system for them!
We have had requests for further information and criminal record checks all of which we have provided within days. I check our 'my cic' page every day incase something changes and we don't get a notification so I know nothing has been missed. Maybe I will try calling as I know our medicals wouldn't have turned anything up so they should have passed.

Just so worrying
Old May 15th 2015, 5:10 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
We have had requests for further information and criminal record checks all of which we have provided within days. I check our 'my cic' page every day incase something changes and we don't get a notification so I know nothing has been missed. Maybe I will try calling as I know our medicals wouldn't have turned anything up so they should have passed.

Just so worrying
Don't worry... We're pretty much the same timeline...literally we submitted two days after you so's probably on it's way. I don't know what the interference will have done to our case either...
Old May 15th 2015, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

So I'm on board now !

EE Profile activation 11/04/2015
ITA 17/04/2015
Application, payment 13/05/2015
AOR 16/05/2015

The game of patience begins.

Thank you to this forum and those who helped in my application.

JB
Old May 15th 2015, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, I'm patiently waiting for the next draw. It's been a whole month since the last one! Hopeful for either this weekend or next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.