British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

kswoosh Apr 24th 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

EE profile submitted :D

christmasoompa Apr 25th 2015 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by kswoosh (Post 11628107)
EE profile submitted :D

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

sms1984 Apr 29th 2015 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11623981)
Today, 7 weeks since the submission of our EE application we received an email requesting background checks and fingerprints. We had pre-empted this request and made an appointment back in March when we submitted our application but the 21st April was the soonest we could get an appointment. Exciting that things are moving along again :thumbsup:

A week after our fingerprints were taken we received the paperwork back from Ottawa so will be uploading them tonight then the waiting game begins again

Tirytory May 5th 2015 2:14 am

So.. Now our application is back in place, we have received an email requesting CELPIP results, additional family information forms and schedule A background declaration form- all have to be uploaded within 7 days.

It also says our application is at the Centralised intake office- is this all standard? Anyone further ahead than us had the same?

sms1984 May 5th 2015 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11637020)
So.. Now our application is back in place, we have received an email requesting CELPIP results, additional family information forms and schedule A background declaration form- all have to be uploaded within 7 days.

It also says our application is at the Centralised intake office- is this all standard? Anyone further ahead than us had the same?

We had the same request minus the 7 day limit, we were given a lot longer. Very strange! They didn't tell us where it was either! We are on week 9 since submission and last Wed submitted fingerprints after the request a week previous

Tirytory May 5th 2015 2:52 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11637029)
We had the same request minus the 7 day limit, we were given a lot longer. Very strange! They didn't tell us where it was either! We are on week 9 since submission and last Wed submitted fingerprints after the request a week previous

The 7 day limit might be because our local MP intervened on our behalf after the kerfuffle on my other thread!

sms1984 May 5th 2015 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11637030)
The 7 day limit might be because our local MP intervened on our behalf after the kerfuffle on my other thread!

Yeah I saw that. Maybe. Are you able to provide all the info in time? Have you made an appointment with the RCMP for fingerprints yet?

sliam37 May 5th 2015 3:55 am

We had a request with a 4 day limit (for release of info form). We did it in time but I failed to notice that it required an extra layer of submission (the whole electronic fingerprint thing), so thought i'd succesfully uploaded it but hadn't (OR the system wasn't working at the time). Got another request about 10 days after inital one for same form to be uploaded, but given 7 days that time.

withabix May 5th 2015 4:38 am

Fingerprints:

https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/na...fingerprinting

Usually a walk-in service with no appointments required.

Tirytory May 5th 2015 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11637031)
Yeah I saw that. Maybe. Are you able to provide all the info in time? Have you made an appointment with the RCMP for fingerprints yet?

All the other info is just form filling isn't it? That's fine. Fingerprints no.. Is it definitely required? It didn't say anything..

Tirytory May 5th 2015 11:18 am

Any information I can find on cic website suggests it's only if there is a problem with your name that they request fingerprints.. Also did it ask for them to be upfront? Everything else suggests you are given a form to take with you?

sms1984 May 5th 2015 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11637281)
Any information I can find on cic website suggests it's only if there is a problem with your name that they request fingerprints.. Also did it ask for them to be upfront? Everything else suggests you are given a form to take with you?

We probably had to provide a criminal record check (fingerprints) because we have lived in Canada for 2 years. I guess if you have been here over 6 months then you have to but it wasn't upfront, we got the request last week at week 7 since our application went in!

sliam37 May 5th 2015 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by sliam37 (Post 11637046)
We had a request with a 4 day limit (for release of info form). We did it in time but I failed to notice that it required an extra layer of submission (the whole electronic fingerprint thing),

Sorry, meant 'electronic SIGNATURE thing'.

Tirytory May 5th 2015 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11637466)
We probably had to provide a criminal record check (fingerprints) because we have lived in Canada for 2 years. I guess if you have been here over 6 months then you have to but it wasn't upfront, we got the request last week at week 7 since our application went in!

Long enough to get up to any mischief eh?;)

I don't think I'm going to book anything untill we're asked.. Although I might clarify with the local office about wait times. Thanks for link Withabix!

withabix May 6th 2015 2:25 am

Just received the email asking me to upload my CELPIP test certificate today. Uploaded straight away! (and electronically signed and submitted...)

That's exactly 4 weeks since the date we submitted the Application, so I'm suspecting there is probably a pattern to this...