Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Loui-d
Thanks for your response. I read this Canada Immigration News - Express Entry: What We Now Know

And understood that no longer applied but ill try FSW too. Maybe thats it!
Hmm, maybe it's changed then, that was just the first thing that jumped out at me from reading your post. The website above isn't an official one though, so I'd look at the CIC website only, perhaps there's been a news bulletin that I didn't spot that's said those NOCs are now allowed.

If you can apply using that NOC, then try putting proof of funds in, and see if that changes the answer? I know that it's not supposed to be required for CEC, but the 'come to Canada' tool is quite often a bit temperamental!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, just re-reading your post and if your NOC is allowed, I don't think your work experience will count as it's not within the past 3 years? Counting back 3 years from today would put you at December 2013, so you don't have a full year's work experience in Canada after that date.

So if your NOC is ok, I think that might be the issue. Try changing the dates and see if it then says you're eligible? If so, then you know that's the issue and will just have to see if you would qualify under FSW instead.

What are you currently scoring on the CRS?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:07 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to be nosy the other day and look at the latest draws in the EE pool.

I noticed the last one only invited 500 applicants with over 700 points plus.

I'm guessing this was because of the changes of points with people who have job offers
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was a PNP only draw.

Express Entry rounds of invitations

S
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I think it was a PNP only draw.

Express Entry rounds of invitations

S
Oh ok - I thought it seemed a little higher then normal
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hmm, maybe it's changed then, that was just the first thing that jumped out at me from reading your post. The website above isn't an official one though, so I'd look at the CIC website only, perhaps there's been a news bulletin that I didn't spot that's said those NOCs are now allowed.

If you can apply using that NOC, then try putting proof of funds in, and see if that changes the answer? I know that it's not supposed to be required for CEC, but the 'come to Canada' tool is quite often a bit temperamental!
Ok Ill try that. Thanks again
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Actually, just re-reading your post and if your NOC is allowed, I don't think your work experience will count as it's not within the past 3 years? Counting back 3 years from today would put you at December 2013, so you don't have a full year's work experience in Canada after that date.

So if your NOC is ok, I think that might be the issue. Try changing the dates and see if it then says you're eligible? If so, then you know that's the issue and will just have to see if you would qualify under FSW instead.

Possibly! I don't know as its always come back ineligble...ill try adding funds and then seeing. Gah why is it so hard to move somewhere you love!
Old Dec 11th 2016, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. I tried again and changed my work experience to April 2013 - May 2014, put funds in and left everything else the same and it was accepted. As soon as I put it to April 2014 ineligible. Totally sucks!

I can't apply for the IEC again but I had one issued but didn't use it for various reasons so it counts towards me two.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

pilky01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has any information been released about when we can expect applications for OINP to reopen? I'm patiently waiting so that I can get my employer to apply as soon as it does.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Just incase this helps anyone I did my landing yesterday at the Lewiston Bridge. I was there for about an hour, but at least half of that was watching my passport go from one end of the desk to the other! Didn't care, just wanted to get it all done and out the way. Was very quiet, I was practically the only person in there. I was also told PR cards are taking 8-10 weeks to come through.

My timeline in-case anyone is interested

Applied: 16th May 2016
Confirmation of application: 17th May 2016
Background check started 17th May 2016
Updated to Background check not needed at this time: 16th June
CPCO Final request email: November 15th 2016
Submitted passport copies and pictures: November 18th 2016
COPR: 24th November 2016
PR: 11th December 2016

Best Christmas present ever, and got a welcome book

Last edited by Leaf25; Dec 12th 2016 at 4:17 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got our Ontario PNP acceptance this morning, 600 additional points bagged taking us to over 1000

Hopefully others awaiting news will benefit from this update.

Our Original Ontario Application received for processing 8th March so the 90 day processing KPI is taking 6 months more - 9 months total

1 - Expect near the end a request from the Province for you to get replacement Educational Assessments and include them as Electronic recipients.

We received our acceptance about 3 weeks after this request.

Keep the faith and try not to stress over the backlog.

Next step wait for an ITA and get the PR lodged.

Regards

ScottyB
Old Dec 17th 2016, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute

Further update.

Very next day after PNP offer accepted and 600 additional points added we received an ITA.

We now have 90 days to submit our PR.

I wasn't aware that ITA's were being given outwith the normal monthly draws?

Great news not complaining!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

snpero is an unknown quantity at this point

Timeline for my accepted EE Skilled Worker application, possibly one of the very last ones for this year:

19.10.2016 ITA
02.11.2016 AOR
19.12.2016 Request for paper photos & Appendix A, mailed & submitted the same day.
30.12.2016 COPR

Finnish passport - COPR from the London High Commission.
Very fast & smooth process, easily under the estimated six months. A good start for 2017!
Old Jan 1st 2017, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Kiera43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.
I have completed my IELTS and have applied for my ECA. Once I have this I am ready to apply for express entry I believe.
I just want to clarify one thing...
Do I need proof of my funds for when I apply for EE to be put in the pool.
Or can I apply for EE and get proof off funds if/when given acceptance to apply for PR?
Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer to save some more funds before applying for EE.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiera43
Hello all.
I have completed my IELTS and have applied for my ECA. Once I have this I am ready to apply for express entry I believe.
I just want to clarify one thing...
Do I need proof of my funds for when I apply for EE to be put in the pool.
Or can I apply for EE and get proof off funds if/when given acceptance to apply for PR?
Just wondering if I need to wait a little longer to save some more funds before applying for EE.

Thanks in advance.

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check
Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.