Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Aug 8th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Sometimes you just have to fiddle and try a few times to get it to come back as eligible.

S
The only thing I can think of tweaking is my funds,
As I'm already in Canada and settled, I put 5000 as my financial stability, is this too low? Is there a minimum amount of funds for settlement? I assumed since I have no dependents that the threshold would be much lower than if I was supporting a spouse/children.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
The only thing I can think of tweaking is my funds,
As I'm already in Canada and settled, I put 5000 as my financial stability, is this too low? Is there a minimum amount of funds for settlement? I assumed since I have no dependents that the threshold would be much lower than if I was supporting a spouse/children.

Thanks
1. There is the most likely reason you were found ineligible. You require $12,164 to qualify under EE/Skilled Worker.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Are you eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?

S
Currently no.
The only jobs I have experience in is in NOC C or D type roles. It does say if you have experience in those types of jobs then you can apply via the Provincial program or work for two years. My province (SK) currently has closed any applications not requiring job offers. The only streams open require job offers and/or experience in the NOC 0, A or B classifications.

Just tried again submitting a new application, got turned down again.

EDIT: Just saw your replies above...
So if I say i have over the minimum but I only have 5k currently do I have time to boost my funds to reach that limit? I can pool up funds from family to top me up but I would have figured coming in as a single person the financial benchmark wouldn't be so high.

Last edited by 1ns0uc1ant; Aug 8th 2016 at 6:31 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

You will only be eligible with a NOC 0, A or B.

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The only jobs I have experience in is in NOC C or D type roles. It does say if you have experience in those types of jobs then you can apply via the Provincial program or work for two years. My province (SK) currently has closed any applications not requiring job offers. The only streams open require job offers and/or experience in the NOC 0, A or B classifications.

Just tried again submitting a new application, got turned down again.
Unfortunately, with that Skill Level, you wouldn't be eligible for FSW or CEC as both require 'skilled work'. Your only option would be PNP, but unless you have a nomination then you wouldn't be eligible, which is presumably why it's telling you you aren't eligible now.

So if I say i have over the minimum but I only have 5k currently do I have time to boost my funds to reach that limit? I can pool up funds from family to top me up but I would have figured coming in as a single person the financial benchmark wouldn't be so high.
Unfortunately not. If you were eligible to apply, then you must have the proof of funds at the time of application, there's no time given to save up - and note that the money cannot be borrowed (and CIC can ask you to prove where it came from). It is quite a low amount for anybody setting up life in Canada, the figure for families is quite a bit higher.

Sorry. Any way of getting a 'skilled' job? Are you on an IEC?
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

You will only be eligible with a NOC 0, A or B.

S
pretty much

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, with that Skill Level, you wouldn't be eligible for FSW or CEC as both require 'skilled work'. Your only option would be PNP, but unless you have a nomination then you wouldn't be eligible, which is presumably why it's telling you you aren't eligible now.

Unfortunately not. If you were eligible to apply, then you must have the proof of funds at the time of application, there's no time given to save up - and note that the money cannot be borrowed (and CIC can ask you to prove where it came from). It is quite a low amount for anybody setting up life in Canada, the figure for families is quite a bit higher.

Sorry. Any way of getting a 'skilled' job? Are you on an IEC?
Yes, on my CIC profile, it says 'Not met' on every immigration stream FSW, CEC, FST, CEC.

I am currently on an IEC, activated on Feb 2016 and had been on a previous IEC permit back in 2015 (IEC 2014 stream).

I've banged my head on many doors since I got here regarding my profession (architecture), many dead-ends so now I just got my head down, found a job that can pay rent and save as much as I can.

Looks like I arrived at a time where the oil slump reverberated to other industries. Architectural professions are pretty much the 'canaries in the mines' of economies entering a downturn. At the time I considering moving, houses were springing up all over the place - I knew the growth wouldn't be sustainable, just didn't think I'd actually move in the cusp of it all. I'm considering a career change in the trades as an electrician but I'd need the PR to allow me to enroll in school.
With all this Brexit stuff, even going back to the UK is looking gloomy as construction is already falling as investors aren't confident anymore.

Do you guys know of anyone in the building industry? I really could use a lifeline at this point. I'm in SK but at this point I can pack my bags and move anywhere.

Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've banged my head on many doors since I got here regarding my profession (architecture), many dead-ends so now I just got my head down, found a job that can pay rent and save as much as I can.

Looks like I arrived at a time where the oil slump reverberated to other industries. Architectural professions are pretty much the 'canaries in the mines' of economies entering a downturn. At the time I considering moving, houses were springing up all over the place - I knew the growth wouldn't be sustainable, just didn't think I'd actually move in the cusp of it all. I'm considering a career change in the trades as an electrician but I'd need the PR to allow me to enroll in school.
With all this Brexit stuff, even going back to the UK is looking gloomy as construction is already falling as investors aren't confident anymore.

Do you guys know of anyone in the building industry? I really could use a lifeline at this point. I'm in SK but at this point I can pack my bags and move anywhere.

Cheers
Can you not just do any job if your aim is to get PR? Even something like an admin assistant or a store sales clerk is considered 'skilled' and would count for FSW/CEC etc!

Personally, I'd forget trying to find a job in architecture if you're not getting anywhere, and focus on getting *any* job that is considered skilled just so you can apply for PR.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Can you not just do any job if your aim is to get PR? Even something like an admin assistant or a store sales clerk is considered 'skilled' and would count for FSW/CEC etc!

Personally, I'd forget trying to find a job in architecture if you're not getting anywhere, and focus on getting *any* job that is considered skilled just so you can apply for PR.
Quite right, I've been applying for admin assistant jobs as I find them. No bites considering my skill-set is very sector specific even with a tailored CV.

Store clerks here pay min-wage and I currently support myself on $17 an hr so my earnings would take a significant knock considering I'm at my budgetary limits savings $900/mo on top of expenses as it is. That would increase the time it would take to reach the 12.1k minimum to apply for EE. I was hoping I'd at least have my profile in the system by the time my permit expires.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Store clerks here pay min-wage and I currently support myself on $17 an hr so my earnings would take a significant knock considering I'm at my budgetary limits savings $900/mo on top of expenses as it is. That would increase the time it would take to reach the 12.1k minimum to apply for EE.
You only need that amount if you apply under FSW though - it's not needed for CEC applications.

I was hoping I'd at least have my profile in the system by the time my permit expires.
Having your profile in the pool doesn't mean a thing though unless you're scoring enough to be selected and invited to apply for PR - what are you currently scoring on the CRS?
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

You only need that amount if you apply under FSW though - it's not needed for CEC applications.
I didn't know that, looks like CEC is my best bet if my finances aren't going to cut the $12k benchmark. It's a little disheartening that my 1.5yrs here count for nothing.

I knew way back in 2015 I qualified for the nominee program in Sask for people who have worked in designated trades (my NOC was eligible). I approached my employer asking for a letter of permanent job offer, but wanted nothing to do with immigration so I left the role after 11 months. I even told them it required no fees or paperwork on their behalf, just the letter stating roles/responsibilities but they still weren't interested.

Having your profile in the pool doesn't mean a thing though unless you're scoring enough to be selected and invited to apply for PR - what are you currently scoring on the CRS?
Well I have to wait for my official scores from CIC but the CRS ranking websites I used said 440. But I used an IELTS score of 7 since I didn't take my test yet so I thought it'd be higher.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I knew way back in 2015 I qualified for the nominee program in Sask for people who have worked in designated trades (my NOC was eligible). I approached my employer asking for a letter of permanent job offer, but wanted nothing to do with immigration so I left the role after 11 months. I even told them it required no fees or paperwork on their behalf, just the letter stating roles/responsibilities but they still weren't interested.
That's a shame. But it wasn't a skilled role?

Well I have to wait for my official scores from CIC but the CRS ranking websites I used said 440. But I used an IELTS score of 7 since I didn't take my test yet so I thought it'd be higher.
440 is pretty good, if you can get higher for your IELTS then even better. Recent draws have all been over 480, but at 440 I'd still enter the pool (well, with some skilled work experience anyway!). So if you can get that all important 'skilled' job, then go for it.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

GMcD1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
That's pretty bad that WES say it is and they say it isn't! I was under the impression CIC took the conclusion of WES and didn't then perform their own assessment which could result in something different to WES!

At least you're still in the pool so I guess you can keep applying for jobs through Canada job bank or try for a PNP programme?
Thanks Shakyuk, the refusal letter states this: 'In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have two post-secondary credentials. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) from WES you submitted you have one Bachelor’s degree (four years).' but the WES certificate I have mentions both Canadian equivalent qualifications, one being the degree and the second being the diploma, so we can only assume they are not classing the diploma as post secondary, even though it is a post secondary qualification in the UK, but it is not clear. I want to ask CIC for more info, but I need to wait for the lawyer to clarify.

We are going to explore PNP options next. Unfortunately the job I do never comes up on job bank, it's the nature of my industry, and the job I do is contract work so it will not likely be possible for a company to give me a job offer that will be backed up my an LMIA because they can never guarantee full time permanent work. I am exploring this further though too.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 7:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by GMcD1983
Thanks Shakyuk, the refusal letter states this: 'In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have two post-secondary credentials. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) from WES you submitted you have one Bachelor’s degree (four years).' but the WES certificate I have mentions both Canadian equivalent qualifications, one being the degree and the second being the diploma, so we can only assume they are not classing the diploma as post secondary, even though it is a post secondary qualification in the UK, but it is not clear. I want to ask CIC for more info, but I need to wait for the lawyer to clarify.

We are going to explore PNP options next. Unfortunately the job I do never comes up on job bank, it's the nature of my industry, and the job I do is contract work so it will not likely be possible for a company to give me a job offer that will be backed up my an LMIA because they can never guarantee full time permanent work. I am exploring this further though too.
So sorry to hear of your rejection. That really does suck.

Out of interest, what was the diploma? I know that some aren't considered for FSW i.e. NVQ's at certain levels, as they're not academic and/or considered post-secondary, but if it was something that has been accepted in the past you might be in with a chance of appeal.

If you can share more details about the diploma, hopefully somebody can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.