Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Nov 28th 2015, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
We received our ITA but don't have a checklist.....
You don't get a check list. I think on the ITA you will be instructed what to do i.e. log in on your MyCIC account then apply for PR. As you fill the online application you will notice some are already pre-filled by your initial application and there are some which you need to fill. That will be your check list.
best of luck!
Old Nov 28th 2015, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
You don't get a check list. I think on the ITA you will be instructed what to do i.e. log in on your MyCIC account then apply for PR. As you fill the online application you will notice some are already pre-filled by your initial application and there are some which you need to fill. That will be your check list.
best of luck!
Thanks!!
Old Nov 28th 2015, 5:43 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Points came back down again to 472 for today's draw. I was 4 points away

Maybe in the new year (fingers crossed)
Old Nov 28th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thanks for that info.
I was wondering would CIC ask for the original ECA to be submitted for Express Entry. I understand you submit a copy with your online application.
I had to submit my original copy of my ECA for my provincial nominee application, and they said that they need to keep this for their records and cannot return it back to me. I only have scanned copies of my ECA, and so I don't have an original anymore. I wrote to the Pharmacy Board in Canada who issued my ECA report and they've told me they can't re-issue ECA reports, just the one original they issue out - which has now been retained.
Just wondered if anyone offer any advice on this ?
Old Nov 28th 2015, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Ah thanks for that info.
I was wondering would CIC ask for the original ECA to be submitted for Express Entry. I understand you submit a copy with your online application.
I had to submit my original copy of my ECA for my provincial nominee application, and they said that they need to keep this for their records and cannot return it back to me. I only have scanned copies of my ECA, and so I don't have an original anymore. I wrote to the Pharmacy Board in Canada who issued my ECA report and they've told me they can't re-issue ECA reports, just the one original they issue out - which has now been retained.
Just wondered if anyone offer any advice on this ?
I don't think I submitted my ECA to CIC. I think they ask you to enter the reference no. even if they do ask just submit a copy of it. good luck!
Old Nov 28th 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hasan78. I'm still completing my application just now, so not got my checklist. But i see that the ECA is one of the documents required from the CIC website. It does say to attach a copy of it on their website, but it also mentions to keep a hold of the original as they might ask candidates to submit this as proof. I have scanned copies, but if they do ask for original then I don't have anything to submit.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 4:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
I don't think I submitted my ECA to CIC. I think they ask you to enter the reference no. even if they do ask just submit a copy of it. good luck!
Some people have advised of rejections for not uploading ECAS and language test results despite them asking for certifcate number. Weird I know but I would upload everything.

I'm even going to upload my NVQ certifcate as WES don't assess them to prove my qualification in working within my industry (for some Reason I was asked when I first qualified to work in my NOC code and my degree is not related). They may not accept it but rather I try rather then get rejected.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I have lots of questions, since I'm not sure about how this all works and just new to submitting my application for PR, and only at the start of completing my application and gathering my documents.
I was wondering - my passport is valid from May 2012, but since this does not cover me for 10 years prior, then will CIC want to see my previous passport? I'm wondering about this since the application asks for details of your travelling to other countries within the past 10 years. Would I therefore need my old passport to show them these details at some point?

Also they ask about all your immediate family (parents and siblings) - I was wondering how this information will be used and why they want to know this information? Would they require medicals form them too in case they think you may have a family history of any medical conditions which may affect your application?
Old Nov 28th 2015, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Sorry I have lots of questions, since I'm not sure about how this all works and just new to submitting my application for PR, and only at the start of completing my application and gathering my documents.
I was wondering - my passport is valid from May 2012, but since this does not cover me for 10 years prior, then will CIC want to see my previous passport? I'm wondering about this since the application asks for details of your travelling to other countries within the past 10 years. Would I therefore need my old passport to show them these details at some point?
I renewed my passport < 1yr ago but never needed my old passport. so no! you don't need that unless specifically asked to provide them. When you fill online travel history you just enter them online. they did not ask for my old passport despite extensive travel!

[/QUOTE] they ask about all your immediate family (parents and siblings) - I was wondering how this information will be used and why they want to know this information? Would they require medicals form them too in case they think you may have a family history of any medical conditions which may affect your application?[/QUOTE]
I think if you have family i.e parents or brother/sister you get points for it. but not sure! what proof they request for it but i presume proof that the claim is true...anyhow, someone with more knowledge hopefully can provide you more precise info on this one!

see above colour answer!
Old Nov 29th 2015, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for letting me know Hasan78.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:14 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can any of you help me with where you find the entry scores for express entry at this time?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:47 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi, Can any of you help me with where you find the entry scores for express entry at this time? Thanks.
Express Entry rounds of invitations that is for all the previous rounds since it started in January 2015
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 8:05 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Express Entry rounds of invitations that is for all the previous rounds since it started in January 2015
Thanks Beckiwoo. Guess it all comes down to the credential assessment for me then. Gonna be a long wait to find out too
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

I've just finished filling in my online application for PR application, but my checklist doesn't seem to ask me to upload my language test results, but I know in CIC it does state I need to submit this, with applying through FSW category. Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this, or is there a technical fault with my checklist (I've also noticed my work history hasn't displayed correctly, and Ive reported a technical fault. But so far, no response from CIC.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 12:25 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Thanks Beckiwoo. Guess it all comes down to the credential assessment for me then. Gonna be a long wait to find out too
You waiting for ECAS (qualification assessed) - if you went through WES it should take around 2 weeks from when they receive all documents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.