Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Sep 8th 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Another draw, congrats to anyone who got an invite, the points have risen from 456 to 459 points this time..

Seems the points cut-off and number of invites are hovering around the same region.. I wonder if CIC are intentionally doing this? Maybe they don't want the cut-off to get too low yet?
I put together a table and chart of invites, volumes, and score cut-offs for those that are interested (let me know of any innaccuracies...): http://i.imgur.com/z3NCLPr.png

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on September 8, 2015 and ending on September 9, 2015 is 1,517.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on September 8, 2015 at 15:41:50 UTC, have been assigned a total of 459 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

That was a late one - usually happens on a Friday night.

Maybe somebody forgot to hit the 'Refresh' button on CIC's website before they went home for the long weekend.

This is the first draw on a Holiday weekend, unless I'm mistaken?

The minor change in the number of points will be to get as close as possible to their target of 1500 per draw.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that there are at least 1500 new people joining the pool every fortnight with more than 450-ish points, so it's unlikely that it's going to drop much lower than that unfortunately.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very surprised to see it go under 450.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
I would be very surprised to see it go under 450.
Like we were all surprised that it went under 600?

TBH, I think the only thing we can predict with any great accuracy is that this process is unpredictable. There is literally no way of telling what will happen moving forward.

I'm so bored waiting for them to process my application. It's only been a month. SO BORED.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Like we were all surprised that it went under 600?

TBH, I think the only thing we can predict with any great accuracy is that this process is unpredictable. There is literally no way of telling what will happen moving forward.

I'm so bored waiting for them to process my application. It's only been a month. SO BORED.
just wait till its nearer 5 months....
Old Sep 9th 2015, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Greenthumbs is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the points are trending downwards, but I t's difficult to see a pattern as the frequency of the draws is unpredictable. I think this is relevant as more people enter the pool every day. There are 3 draws where the number of days from the previous draw is 21 days, so we can compare these directly.
Draw 5 20-March, 1620 invitations, 481 points
Draw 10 12-June, 1501 invitations, 482 points
Draw 14 7-August, 1402 invitations, 471 points.

The latest draw is 18 days after the previous one,
Draw 16 8-September, 1517 invitations, 459 points.

Personally, I don't believe if they had waited 3 more days the points would have gone back up to the 471 mark, so we're seeing a downward trend.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, the chart on this page looks pretty much settled to me.
Canada Immigration News - 1,517 Candidates Invited to Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence in Sixteenth Express Entry Draw

(Yes, it is going down, but not at any rate that is going to help people below 400)
Old Sep 12th 2015, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Flagpoled at Douglas Border Crossing at 830am this morning

As it is the first weekend after the schools went back, the queues were tiny - 5 vehicle queues at USA Customs to be sent back and 2 vehicle queue coming back into Canada. Nobody else at all in the CBSA office apart from the staff!

Probably took us no more than 25 minutes altogether!
Old Sep 12th 2015, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Flagpoled at Douglas Border Crossing at 830am this morning

As it is the first weekend after the schools went back, the queues were tiny - 5 vehicle queues at USA Customs to be sent back and 2 vehicle queue coming back into Canada. Nobody else at all in the CBSA office apart from the staff!

Probably took us no more than 25 minutes altogether!
Now thats called planning Too many flagpole on a long weekend and then wonder why it takes so long.
For others reading and wanting to flagpole the earlier after 8am the better and definitely not after midnight. Long weekend early afternoon/evening then be warned you will probably wait.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got an email saying my application status has been updated... Log in to both Ecas and CIC but no change.... So frustrating when that happens!
Old Sep 13th 2015, 9:15 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Just got an email saying my application status has been updated... Log in to both Ecas and CIC but no change.... So frustrating when that happens!
Usually means something is happening though, it did in our case. We usually had that email then the next Friday after we had an update of some kind. It was consistently Friday. Good luck
Old Sep 13th 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Indeed. I got the same on Sept 01 but nothing since when log in...it is frustrating especially when log in takes few attempts as it automatically log out in each step for some reason
Old Sep 13th 2015, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm just over a month into the process, but I'm still unable to get any sort of update from ECAS. Not sure if I'm entering the correct information as it doesn't even show me anything about my application. XD
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I'm just over a month into the process, but I'm still unable to get any sort of update from ECAS. Not sure if I'm entering the correct information as it doesn't even show me anything about my application. XD
Took me a long time to be able to see an update on Ecas, or even to log in! Just logged into Ecas this morning and it said decision made... Nothing on the CIC site and it doesn't tell what their decision is! Urgh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.