Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jul 24th 2015, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

I'm also sad that I haven't heard anything! I seen that someone's son on here, who submitted their application 2 days after I did, has been asked for his passport pages etc while I sit and scratch my a**e waiting! Congratulations to the guy though!👍🏼
A Croatian guy I work with just got his PR rejected because he only submitted his English translated police check from Croatia and not both! It's a bit harsh if you ask me
Old Jul 24th 2015, 4:53 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Degs3112
I'm also sad that I haven't heard anything! I seen that someone's son on here, who submitted their application 2 days after I did, has been asked for his passport pages etc while I sit and scratch my a**e waiting! Congratulations to the guy though!👍🏼
A Croatian guy I work with just got his PR rejected because he only submitted his English translated police check from Croatia and not both! It's a bit harsh if you ask me
We activated out PR on July 7th and I still feel the need to check 'my CIC' almost daily lol.

I think on the whole they are pretty fair, if you don't supply the correct paperwork for something this important then you really only have yourself to blame. They must deal with thousands of applications on a daily basis and receiving incorrect paperwork or missing requirements would p**s me off too.

I hope something moves forward for you pretty quick, do you have a soon to expire work permit?
Old Jul 24th 2015, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sms1984
We activated out PR on July 7th and I still feel the need to check 'my CIC' almost daily lol.

I think on the whole they are pretty fair, if you don't supply the correct paperwork for something this important then you really only have yourself to blame. They must deal with thousands of applications on a daily basis and receiving incorrect paperwork or missing requirements would p**s me off too.

I hope something moves forward for you pretty quick, do you have a soon to expire work permit?
The harsh reallity is that he only has himself to blame... I get that, but it just seems such a shame after everything he went through to get to this stage... Much like the rest of us though!

Yes, my work permit expires September 15th... Sending off my application for an open permit next week
Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:03 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

The harsh reallity is that he only has himself to blame... I get that, but it just seems such a shame after everything he went through to get to this stage... Much like the rest of us though!

Yes, my work permit expires September 15th... Sending off my application for an open permit next week
It is a harsh reality but each and every one of us who have applied have struggled in one way or another.

We had 4 days left on our work permit, I wasn't prepared to submit extension paperwork until the day before it expired. We had already booked time off work for family visiting and were prepared to jump on any flight to the states as the last minute in order to come back and activate. Worked out well in the end
Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

It is a harsh reality but each and every one of us who have applied have struggled in one way or another.

We had 4 days left on our work permit, I wasn't prepared to submit extension paperwork until the day before it expired. We had already booked time off work for family visiting and were prepared to jump on any flight to the states as the last minute in order to come back and activate. Worked out well in the end
When I spoke with a CIC officer he told me that you can only send a paper application for a open work permit now!😞 I said that on my CIC account it gives me the option to do it online but he still that it has to be a paper application and has to be sent to Alberta... I'm worried that if I don't send it by the middle of August then they won't have started to process it in time for me to have implied status....😏
Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

There's a system outage published for tonight.

Maybe everyone's status will change.

NOT.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:14 pm
Happy in Alberta

When I spoke with a CIC officer he told me that you can only send a paper application for a open work permit now!😞 I said that on my CIC account it gives me the option to do it online but he still that it has to be a paper application and has to be sent to Alberta... I'm worried that if I don't send it by the middle of August then they won't have started to process it in time for me to have implied status....😏
Well in that case, I would submit it as late as possible by mail. I just had a feeling that we would mail our app, pay the fee's and then receive COPR paperwork the same day lol...
Old Jul 26th 2015, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

OH got an email from CIC saying he is not eligible as his CEC doesn't count. He has been working in Canada for 18months as a Management Consultant. Is it worth withdrawing his profile and trying again assuming its a Gremlin or should we try and get it rectified through CIC?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 4:34 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Yay... So we had the email. Passport copies and photos requested within 30 days...
Old Jul 28th 2015, 4:45 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Yay... So we had the email. Passport copies and photos requested within 30 days...
AWESOME you should be on the home stretch now. Any ideas how you are going to 'land'?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! You beat me 😀
Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:20 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME you should be on the home stretch now. Any ideas how you are going to 'land'?
Well I had discounted this because of time scales but my husband's parents are over for a visit last two weeks of August and want to do the obligatory Niagara trip at the end which would give us the chance to flagpole. How long after you sent copies back were they sending paperwork back? I don't even know what the next step involves!
Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:25 pm
Happy in Alberta

Well I had discounted this because of time scales but my husband's parents are over for a visit last two weeks of August and want to do the obligatory Niagara trip at the end which would give us the chance to flagpole. How long after you sent copies back were they sending paperwork back? I don't even know what the next step involves!
I mailed the passport copies etc the same day as I got the email requesting them and we received the COPR paperwork in the mail around a week later so it's pretty fast. The urgency to activate for us was because our work permits only had a week left on them so we flag poled pretty quickly
Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

I mailed the passport copies etc the same day as I got the email requesting them and we received the COPR paperwork in the mail around a week later so it's pretty fast. The urgency to activate for us was because our work permits only had a week left on them so we flag poled pretty quickly
I didn't realise that your permit had to be valid to activate your PR.... Does that mean I'd have to wait until I got my bridging permit approved before I could activate my PR, if/when I get it?
Old Jul 28th 2015, 5:32 pm
Happy in Alberta

I didn't realise that your permit had to be valid to activate your PR.... Does that mean I'd have to wait until I got my bridging permit approved before I could activate my PR, if/when I get it?
As long as CIC have received the bridging paperwork then you should be fine I think. We just didn't apply for an extension because we knew our COPR paperwork was in the mail. If our work permits were due to expire sooner than they were then we would have applied for an extension. As it was we made it with 4 days to spare haha. Obviously I am not encouraging leaving paperwork to the last minute but I knew we had enough time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.