Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old May 27th 2015, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by withabix
Latest round of Invitations (No. 9)

755 points was the threshold, with 1361 Invitations.

Ministerial Instructions

Probably not too surprising that the score went up considerably, given that it was 5 weeks since the last round...
I'm annoyed about it but not too surprised or worried.

The last draw before the score dipped below the 500 mark was around 750, so it's still possible that it will drop back down again. It was low for 4 draws. I would be extremely surprised if it doesn't go back down again within the next few months.

(A little peeved that if I had booked my language test the first time I looked rather than the second, it would've been a month earlier, therefore I would've been in EE sooner and have an ITA by now, but that's my own fault!)
Old May 27th 2015, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Based on reading elsewhere, it looks like CIC don't necessarily update until the end of their processing!
Old May 27th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
(A little peeved that if I had booked my language test the first time I looked rather than the second, it would've been a month earlier, therefore I would've been in EE sooner and have an ITA by now, but that's my own fault!)
Same for me!! (Except it was ECA for me, not language test.)

So frustrating!

Good luck - I hope you get grabbed soon. What's your score? I'm at 482.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks, just curious as to the number that you've used to get into Ecas??? All I have is my express entry application number E000******
Old May 27th 2015, 4:33 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Hey folks, just curious as to the number that you've used to get into Ecas??? All I have is my express entry application number E000******
That's the correct number. ECAS seems to never be updated though!
Old May 27th 2015, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sms1984
That's the correct number. ECAS seems to never be updated though!
I'm not getting anything... Just says they're not able to identify me using the information provided.

I submitted my application for PR on May 5th and the on thing I've got is review in progress for my eligibility.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

I also didn't do my medical until April 22nd and I don't know how long it takes to be processed etc
Old May 27th 2015, 4:51 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

I also didn't do my medical until April 22nd and I don't know how long it takes to be processed etc
They probably just haven't synced yet or something, our ECAS status has never changed from 'application received' so I wouldn't worry.

Some people's medicals are passed right away, ours still hasn't been set to pass and we submitted on March 3rd.

There seems to be no real pattern so far....
Old May 27th 2015, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sms1984
They probably just haven't synced yet or something, our ECAS status has never changed from 'application received' so I wouldn't worry.

Some people's medicals are passed right away, ours still hasn't been set to pass and we submitted on March 3rd.

There seems to be no real pattern so far....
Ye it could be something like that, cheers! I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern... I was just curious as to why I couldn't get into my Ecas... Then the mind wonders and start thinking there's something wrong with the application since they say they haven't received it yet!
Old May 27th 2015, 5:16 pm
Happy in Alberta

Ye it could be something like that, cheers! I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern... I was just curious as to why I couldn't get into my Ecas... Then the mind wonders and start thinking there's something wrong with the application since they say they haven't received it yet!
Ohh I hear you. I have my email open at work and as soon as I see I have a new one, I immediately start panicking. I check the My CIC account daily if not twice a day to see if there have been any updates. This whole process is a stress minefield
Old May 27th 2015, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Same for me!! (Except it was ECA for me, not language test.)

So frustrating!

Good luck - I hope you get grabbed soon. What's your score? I'm at 482.
I have 494. I think we're part of the few lucky ones that don't have LMIA or PNP that still stand a real chance of an ITA. Hopefully this month will see the same trend as the last few and there'll be another draw this weekend. Hopefully it drops significantly again.
Old May 30th 2015, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

progress for us today!!!

29 MAY - Medical Results passed
29 MAY - CELPIP results requested - submitted same day

back to waiting!

@withabix crazy how time flies... that flight only feels like a couple of months ago, but on the other hand feel like we have lived here for a long time!
Old May 30th 2015, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris

@withabix crazy how time flies... that flight only feels like a couple of months ago, but on the other hand feel like we have lived here for a long time!
Yes indeed - feeling more Canadian by the day...

There is a family of deer that wander round our subdivision, a black bear walked past the front of our new house this afternoon and now I'm listening to our in-ground sprinklers watering the garden, rather than having to do it myself!

You can't get much more naturalised than that!
Old May 31st 2015, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Possible increase in scores for some people under CEC announced yesterday:

Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System (Canadian Work Experience — Paragraphs15(3)(b) and 19(4)(b))

All Canadian work experience now counts - it doesn't have to be continuous and they have changed the word 'Employment' to 'Work'.

This probably just clears up a few errors on their part, but may help some people get a ranking score.

Last edited by withabix; May 31st 2015 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by withabix
Yes indeed - feeling more Canadian by the day...

There is a family of deer that wander round our subdivision, a black bear walked past the front of our new house this afternoon and now I'm listening to our in-ground sprinklers watering the garden, rather than having to do it myself!

You can't get much more naturalised than that!
Definitely not! The same reason we bought a pickup! naturalise.

Anyway some more movement for us today

Jun 01 CELPIP Submitted ---> Provided
Jun 01 BG Check not started ---> in progress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.