Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

express entry or regular immigration

express entry or regular immigration

Old Oct 18th 2015, 1:27 am
Just Joined

kuljit33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default express entry or regular immigration

hello all, i want to immigrate to canada. i am a executive chef in uk. i see a lot of job vacancies in canada. would it be quicker to go via the express entry pool or regular entry to move to canada?
many thanks for all your help in advance
Old Oct 18th 2015, 4:07 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: express entry or regular immigration

Originally Posted by kuljit33
hello all, i want to immigrate to canada. i am a executive chef in uk. i see a lot of job vacancies in canada. would it be quicker to go via the express entry pool or regular entry to move to canada?
many thanks for all your help in advance
What do you consider as 'regular entry'?

EE is where most folks go for PR, other options (of many) include finding a job and the employer applying for you to come as a temp worker.

A lot would also depend on how sought after you are as a chef. If you need the employer more than they need you, you may need to get a certificate. If you are a world renowned chef they may be fighting over you.

This may be of help.
http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/m...uides/chef.pdf
Old Oct 18th 2015, 5:04 am
Just Joined

kuljit33 is an unknown quantity at this point

regular entry would mean immigrating the longer route.
i would like a good agent in uk to apply with. i dont want to apply myself. any good recommendations?
are exec chefs in demand in canada? how long it will take if i get a job offer?
thanks for the response.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 5:32 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

i would like a good agent in uk to apply with. i dont want to apply myself. any good recommendations?
thanks for the response.
No idea what you mean by the longer route. You are likely confusing the old system with the new EE.

Unless you are unable to fill informs, I see little value in an agent. All they really do as far as I can see,is take your money, fill in the forms and you do most of the leg work.

No idea what demand there is for chefs, this would be some of the research you need to be doing within that industry. Visit Canada, meet industry people and make contacts, network.

How long it takes to get a job offer is a matter of being in the right place at the right time, how much effort you put into looking, your job hunting skills and your credentials. There is no way to put a timeline on it. I know of folks who have picked up a job in a week and others who had not luck in their chosen profession and ended up going in a different direction.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the response.
This may help you with your research - click on the Canada tab to see jobs throughout Canada.

Chefs (NOC 6241-B) - Toronto Region, Ontario - jobs (national) - Job Bank
Old Oct 18th 2015, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Express Entry is for those wishing to become permanent residents of Canada as opposed to just obtaining a work permit. So if it is your intention to move permanently then EE is the way to go.
Normally those coming on work permits are allowed a maximum of 4 years in and 4 years out of Canada but they can apply for PR status if eligible during this time.

Getting a job via the LMIA route is much stricter and employers now need to pay $1000 just to apply for a temporary worker.
So if it is your desire to emigrate permanently or for longer than 4 years the EE is the way to go.

A person with PR status is free to work anywhere whereas doing the LMIA you are restricted to one employer so to me the EE is a no brainer.