Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry question re: job bank

Express Entry question re: job bank

Old Aug 4th 2016, 4:20 pm
Banned

billypilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry question re: job bank

Hi all,

I've been living in Toronto for 2 years under the IEC program, I have been working as a retail manager for about a year and a half of that. My employer is in the process of registering under the provincial nominee scheme so that I can boost my points total for EE (it's very low otherwise), but I was wondering about the Job Bank. If I'm already working in a job that they deem eligible for an EE application, what's the point in this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry question re: job bank

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'already working in a job they deem eligible for an EE application'? Do you mean it's 'skilled'? Or do you mean it would count as a job offer for PNP? What stream of the PNP are you planning on applying under?

Just as a thought, but is you employer aware that they can apply for a free LMIA to support your PR app which would also get you the 600 points? Rather than the PNP which costs $2000 and will require more paperwork (i.e. their financial statements etc). Might not be granted but could be worth a try first?

And just checking, but you've worked as a retail manager previously as well?
Old Aug 5th 2016, 12:56 am
Banned

billypilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry question re: job bank

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'already working in a job they deem eligible for an EE application'? Do you mean it's 'skilled'? Or do you mean it would count as a job offer for PNP? What stream of the PNP are you planning on applying under?

Just as a thought, but is you employer aware that they can apply for a free LMIA to support your PR app which would also get you the 600 points? Rather than the PNP which costs $2000 and will require more paperwork (i.e. their financial statements etc). Might not be granted but could be worth a try first?

And just checking, but you've worked as a retail manager previously as well?
Thanks for the reply!

To clarify, I'm currently working a job in the "0" skill category, which is what I meant by a job they deem eligible (i.e if I had told them I had a job offer). And yes, I have years of previous experience in the same role.

What are the pros and cons of LMIA/PNP? Why would you choose one over the other? The reason I was going the PNP route is because my employer was already applying for it for another employee anyway.

This Job Match thing just seems weird because it sounds as though it's trying to find me a job, when I already have one. In fact that whole pool application seems geared toward people who are coming to Canada rather than people who are already here.

Thanks a lot for your help.