Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry, Provincial nominee, inelgible

Express entry, Provincial nominee, inelgible

Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Humgarden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express entry, Provincial nominee, inelgible

I received Alberta Nomination in October and sent my PR application to Sydney NS in October '14. I applied for EE profile and was told am ineligible because don't meet minimum requirements and lists my nomination as 'pending'.
Have you Provincial Nominees out there applying for EE read this item # 8 in Dec 1st Gazette posting? :

Notice – Express Entry questions and answers
December 1, 2014 -

Provinces/Territories
8. How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.
.................................................. .........

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Seems to me it's saying that Prov Nom is NOT going to automatically make you eligible for EE, but you need to qualify for CEC class (one full year work experience, before you will be eligible for EE.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express entry, Provincial nominee, inelgible

I have been nominated by Saskatchewan, and I enquired to SINP about whether I need to do the Express Entry. They told me that because I was nominated in 2014, I was not to use the express entry system, and am to apply the standard way with post to Sydney. So I guess its the same for you.