Express entry/NOC code question

Old Dec 30th 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Tezza6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express entry/NOC code question

Good morning

I am starting to do some research into how Express entry works and its requirements.

I just thought,as people here would be in the know I'd ask a few basic questions before getting my hopes up. What I'm reading online is overwhelming me a bit so just figured it would be easier to ask in here before I start. I'm willing to pay/do whatever I need to regarding application i.e. Language tests but only if there's a serious chance I'd be accepted. Is there anyone here,or knows of anyone invited to apply with an administrative background?

In regards to skills,I work in an administrative field. I've checked the Canadian Jobs bank and found that there are positions I could apply for based on my experience but don't know if they require a LIMA. Would it be stated on the ad if they did?

As you can see,I'm at the very beginning stages so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's based on my job field I've absolutely no chance I'd rather know then I can look at what I need to do to be considered.

Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry/NOC code question

Start by reading this link
How Express Entry works

There are other parts to read using this link
Immigrate as a skilled worker through Express Entry

Basically Express Entry is like a lottery. You first find out if you are eligible to apply. If eligible you can then start your profile. Most will look to see how they score on the CRS. Anything over a score of 450 is a good indicator but with recent changes to points awarded these will now change.

Notice to Express Entry candidates

The vast majority of jobs advertised in Canada would require an LMIA for any foreign worker but there are exceptions. Compared to years ago getting an employer to pay the $1000 application fee is a lot harder as the rules have been tightened.
You may get an interview etc etc but without a work permit or the company getting an LMIA they cannot employ you.

Under Express Entry you are becoming a Permanent Resident and they do not need work permits so no LMIA required once they become a PR.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:18 am
Just Joined

sarahd100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything over a score of 450 is a good indicator but with recent changes to points awarded these will now change.
Hi Former - Can you tell me any more about these changes?

I'm planning on doing my IELTs next month. When I had a look on the CIC website in October I estimated my points at 491. I have redone this again this morning and it's now coming out at 435. Nothing I've entered has changed and now I'm really freaking out and wondering if it's worth paying the £160 for the exam if there seems to be little chance I'd be plucked out of the pool with such low points!
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahd100
Hi Former - Can you tell me any more about these changes?

I'm planning on doing my IELTs next month. When I had a look on the CIC website in October I estimated my points at 491. I have redone this again this morning and it's now coming out at 435. Nothing I've entered has changed and now I'm really freaking out and wondering if it's worth paying the £160 for the exam if there seems to be little chance I'd be plucked out of the pool with such low points!
The changes took place in December IIRC, you can read about them here - Notice to Express Entry candidates It's the same link that FL gave above.

But I can't see any reason why your points would have changed by 56, that's not a number that lines up with the points changes, so wonder if you just miscalculated one time? So do double check them. If nothing else has changed that's a bit odd - you're definitely the same age etc?

It's also worth keeping an eye on the news section of the CIC website to see if there have been any changes if you are planning on applying for a visa, as they do like to keep people on their toes!

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 25th 2017 at 1:41 am.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You can reasonably estimate your points but there's only one way to be sure ... If I thought I'd end up with between 435-490 points I'd be getting myself in the pool ASAP.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 25th 2017 at 1:50 am.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:13 am
Just Joined

The changes took place in December IIRC, you can read about them here - Notice to Express Entry candidates It's the same link that FL gave above.

But I can't see any reason why your points would have changed by 56, that's not a number that lines up with the points changes, so wonder if you just miscalculated one time? So do double check them.

It's also worth keeping an eye on the news section of the CIC website to see if there have been any changes if you are planning on applying for a visa, as they do like to keep people on their toes!

Good luck.
Thanks! I'm a bit baffled by it to be honest, I did it a few times back in October and always got the same score, and I did it about 4 times today in disbelief. Not really sure what to do now
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:13 am
Just Joined

You can reasonably estimate your points but there's only one way to be sure ... If I thought I'd end up with between 435-490 points I'd be getting myself in the pool ASAP.
Absolutely - the next test I can take is 25th March so I'm booking it today!