Express Entry - Medical Question

Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Bainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to behold
Default Express Entry - Medical Question

Hi there,

I just got my ITA for Express Entry - Candian Experience Class. Wahoo!

I still have some things to upload, but just trying to be as well prepared as possible do I need my Medical before I can submit my profile?

Any tips for where to get a Medical in Vancouver, BC and if anyone has any advice?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:28 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry - Medical Question

Originally Posted by Bainesy
Hi there,

I just got my ITA for Express Entry - Candian Experience Class. Wahoo!

I still have some things to upload, but just trying to be as well prepared as possible do I need my Medical before I can submit my profile?

Any tips for where to get a Medical in Vancouver, BC and if anyone has any advice?

Thanks!
IIRC (it has been over a year since I did it) you don't need your medical to submit an EE profile. You do need it to submit an application if you receive an ITA though. Some people are asked for medicals upfront like we were and others have them requested at a later date.

Are you applying under PNP or Experience Class? The process might be slightly different for you if you are.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Bainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to beholdBainesy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
IIRC (it has been over a year since I did it) you don't need your medical to submit an EE profile. You do need it to submit an application if you receive an ITA though. Some people are asked for medicals upfront like we were and others have them requested at a later date.

Are you applying under PNP or Experience Class? The process might be slightly different for you if you are.
I have my Invitation To Apply for Experience Class and have started filling out the rest of the info, haven't gotten to the medical section yet so was wondering If I should just book it now anyway.

Which section did you find out about the medical? (Might be tricky to remember 1 year on!)
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:41 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I have my Invitation To Apply for Experience Class and have started filling out the rest of the info, haven't gotten to the medical section yet so was wondering If I should just book it now anyway.

Which section did you find out about the medical? (Might be tricky to remember 1 year on!)
For us it just came up on the ITA and we needed them to file the application. I'm 99% positive you won't need it to file an EoI though.

What's your CRS score? Medicals are expensive so there's no point in doing it until you know that you will receive an invitation.

EDIT: sorry I just realised you already have an ITA. Check which fields you need to complete before your application can be submitted.

You can probably book it now if you want to but keep in mind that your COPR will need to be activated by 1 year from the date of the medical. You're in Vancouver so that's unlikely to be a problem but still worth knowing I suppose.

​​​

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Oct 15th 2018 at 9:46 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What's your CRS score? Medicals are expensive so there's no point in doing it until you know that you will receive an invitation.
Are you reading different posts to the rest of us?!? He's already got his ITA, under CEC - as per his initial post.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:47 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you reading different posts to the rest of us?!? He's already got his ITA, under CEC - as per his initial post.
Yes it's late here, sorry. I think I was being a bit dozy.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's late here, sorry. I think I was being a bit dozy.
I was wondering if you'd had a couple of beers, it did make me laugh though.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Haha, I was trying to be polite without stating the obvious...as always I appreciate any advice from here

I haven't had time to look through all the sections so was wondering if I should just book the Medical asap before I read through, as I don't want to get close to the end of my 60 days (and depending on availability etc)
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:57 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Haha, I was trying to be polite without stating the obvious...as always I appreciate any advice from here

I haven't had time to look through all the sections so was wondering if I should just book the Medical asap before I read through, as I don't want to get close to the end of my 60 days (and depending on availability etc)
Yeah, sorry about that and thanks for being polite.

I'd check what they're asking for first and then proceed from there. If they're not asking for upfront meds then it won't come out of your initial 60 days to apply. Probably also worth checking the local waiting lists for them.

They're not cheap and will be one of most expensive parts of the application process. You do have more options to choose from than many overseas applicants though.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Oct 15th 2018 at 10:05 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:59 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I was wondering if you'd had a couple of beers, it did make me laugh though.
I wish I had but sadly it's a school night so I can't even claim that excuse.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, sorry about that and thanks for being polite.

I'd check what they're asking for first and then proceed from there. If they're not asking for upfront meds then it won't come out of your initial 60 days to apply. Probably also worth checking the local waiting lists for them.

They're not cheap and will be one of most expensive parts of the application process. You do have more options to choose from than many overseas applicants though.

Panel Physicians
Got it! That makes sense, I already found a place downtown for $315, feel that's about the average!
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:40 am
Sidecar Falcon

Got it! That makes sense, I already found a place downtown for $315, feel that's about the average!
Yeah I had a brief look last night and the fees inside Canada actually seem quite reasonable. Far more reasonable than I expected at least anyway.

Good luck with your application.