Express Entry ITA & BCPNP

Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:06 am
Just Joined

StaceyL85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry ITA & BCPNP

Hi Guys

I have been invited through ITA for Express Entry and currently waiting on my BCPNP Express Entry approval, fingers crossed.

I am 6 weeks in to the 8-12 week processing time for my BCPNP Express Enty and as you know have the 60 days to submit the require docs for the ITA for my other Express Entry application (medial/reference letters/police checks etc...).

Now, as I am currently on visitor status after my IEC expired I have had to hold off in submitting and gathering the documents together following the ITA purely down to how expensive it is. Its going to cost me over $1k to get the required documentation together and I have been toying with the idea of declining the invitation and waiting on the BCPNP Express Entry approval that should arrive in a matter of weeks.

I was just wondering, following receiving my BCPNP approval and activating my work visa at the US border for say 6-12 months whatever it may be, what are my other options to complete my PR applications if I decline the ITA this time around?

In reality, I now have around 35 days to get all the information together that is required and having to deal with waiting times for this information from certain bodies/ex-employers I don't think I will have this together in time.

Does anyone know of any other options around this in terms of the PR application if I am to wait for the BCPNP this time around and decline the ITA?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Stacey
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry ITA & BCPNP

Originally Posted by StaceyL85
I was just wondering, following receiving my BCPNP approval and activating my work visa at the US border for say 6-12 months whatever it may be, what are my other options to complete my PR applications if I decline the ITA this time around?

Does anyone know of any other options around this in terms of the PR application if I am to wait for the BCPNP this time around and decline the ITA?
The PNP is an application for PR. So once you get your nomination, you then have a certain number of days to apply for PR via the PNP, or your nomination expires. What stream have you applied under?

Either way, you'll have to spend the same amount of money fairly soon, and don't forget you'll also need proof of funds.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Right ok, so when the nomination arrives you also have a certain number of days to apply for PR. For this second part after the nomination do you submit this by paper or online?

Do you also have to submit the same information/required documents as you do on the ITA checklist if I was to choose that option instead?

The money I know I will have to spend eventually im just trying to understand what the pros/cons are to going ahead with this ITA or completing the PR upon receipt of the nomination? Is it exactly the same information require to submit i.e 10 years of reference letters?

I have also read that if you have a ITA then there is a chance your pending BCPNP nomination may be rejected. If that is the case as I am gunning for the nomination to put me back in working status I am considering declining the ITA this time around. There would also be the option to have another ITA later down the line with my nomination I am guessing if I chose to do that option anyway.

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Right ok, so when the nomination arrives you also have a certain number of days to apply for PR. For this second part after the nomination do you submit this by paper or online?
Depends how you've applied for nomination. I asked above which stream you've applied under, and the answers to your questions will vary depending on that. You mentioned BC Express Entry, so I'm assuming it's that stream? If so, then you'll apply online, just as you already have done.

Do you also have to submit the same information/required documents as you do on the ITA checklist if I was to choose that option instead?
Again, if the info in your first post is correct and you've applied under the new BC PNP EE stream, then yes, it'll be exactly the same.

There would also be the option to have another ITA later down the line with my nomination I am guessing if I chose to do that option anyway.
Yes, it would be exactly the same as you've already applied for.

HTH.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Yes that is correct it's under the BC PNP Express Entry stream. Processing time 8-12 weeks and I'm around 7 weeks into this now.

Ok great, so I have to do the same for either option that makes sense. Now my option is do I decline the ITA this time around and await for the nomination allowing me to go back in status and work or do I go ahead with the ITA but risk not having the documents submitted in time give I now have 37 days.

I'v also read that if you have a ITA then this can affect you receiving the provincial nomination?

With that said,I'm considering decling the ITA this time round
and waiting on my nomination then once received updating my express entry to receive another ITA further down the line with a higher point score.

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is correct it's under the BC PNP Express Entry stream. Processing time 8-12 weeks and I'm around 7 weeks into this now.
Just to note that BC PNP are now quoting 3-4 months for processing time for applications received after April.

I imagine that if you have a job offer that your employer might prefer you be able to work sooner rather than later so maybe it's best to wait for PNP (if you are confident that you will receive the nomination).
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Yes I saw that also, long story with my application actually I applied in January 2015 for the old BCPNP through the paper format and this was switched to the BCPNP Express Entry in June. BCPNP actually advised me it would be 8-12 weeks to process my application at this point.

Given I want to work straight away with the nomination I don't want to jeprodise this and so I think going to decline the ITA and look to obtain a new ITA when I have the nomination.

I hope this is the best way to deal with my PR but seems to be the best given the feedback