Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Help needed - Addresses, Police Forms, and Employers!

Express Entry Help needed - Addresses, Police Forms, and Employers!

Old Jan 5th 2017, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Express Entry Help needed - Addresses, Police Forms, and Employers!

Hello hello!
I'm having big troubles working out precicely what I'm going to need in the next 90 days, and I've been struggling figuring out a few things. Tonight alone, I've spent the past 4 and a half hours trying to figure stuff out.
I've searched through the forums for one of my particular questions, and haven't been able to find anything.
Anyway, here goes:

My Address prior to coming to Canada was one "Park Farm Estates" - it does not nor has it ever had a number associated with it. Surprise, surprise, the online form for Express Entry requires that I enter a number.
I did have a flat/room number, however, and I've put that in there for now as a placeholder. Should I then add a little info about this in the final section for additional documents to clarify the situation, or is there a particular protocol I should follow?

Second thing is that I'm in Canada on IEC - I have a work Visa and I was required to get a police certificate for that. Now, I was in the country for a few days after the certificate was given. I remember reading on one of the CIC pages (which evades me now) that for Express Entry, the police certificate must be from after I left the country and for any country where I've spent more than 6 months.
Am I to understand that I'll need a new Police Certificate, and that the one provided for the IEC is now invalid? (It is more than a year old, so I'm expecting that to be the case.)
More importantly, I've recieved conflicting information with regards to a Canadian police certificate.
The documentation page is telling me that I don't need one for Canada, although if does count as a country that I've been in for more than 6 months. That wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't have Police Certificates(Multiple) written there.
It specifes that it's expecting multiple certificates, so what am I supposed to do with this one?

Sorry for the essay, everyone, and sorry for the difficult questions.
Any help at all, anything is appreciated. This is really stressing me out along with stuff from work and home, and I need all the help I can get!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Help needed - Addresses, Police Forms, and Employers!

Originally Posted by Kirol
Hello hello!
I'm having big troubles working out precicely what I'm going to need in the next 90 days, and I've been struggling figuring out a few things. Tonight alone, I've spent the past 4 and a half hours trying to figure stuff out.
I've searched through the forums for one of my particular questions, and haven't been able to find anything.
Anyway, here goes:

My Address prior to coming to Canada was one "Park Farm Estates" - it does not nor has it ever had a number associated with it. Surprise, surprise, the online form for Express Entry requires that I enter a number.
I did have a flat/room number, however, and I've put that in there for now as a placeholder. Should I then add a little info about this in the final section for additional documents to clarify the situation, or is there a particular protocol I should follow?
Thats fine. No need to clarify

Second thing is that I'm in Canada on IEC - I have a work Visa and I was required to get a police certificate for that. Now, I was in the country for a few days after the certificate was given. I remember reading on one of the CIC pages (which evades me now) that for Express Entry, the police certificate must be from after I left the country and for any country where I've spent more than 6 months.
Am I to understand that I'll need a new Police Certificate, and that the one provided for the IEC is now invalid? (It is more than a year old, so I'm expecting that to be the case.)
More importantly, I've recieved conflicting information with regards to a Canadian police certificate.
The documentation page is telling me that I don't need one for Canada, although if does count as a country that I've been in for more than 6 months. That wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't have Police Certificates(Multiple) written there.
It specifes that it's expecting multiple certificates, so what am I supposed to do with this one?
How to get a police certificate
You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
You'll need a new police certificate for the country you lived in (even for a few days) after receiving the one you used for IEC.

You DON'T need one for Canada, unless specifically requested.

Sorry for the essay, everyone, and sorry for the difficult questions.
Any help at all, anything is appreciated. This is really stressing me out along with stuff from work and home, and I need all the help I can get!
Answers in bold above.