Express Entry First Draw

Old Feb 16th 2015, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Second draw took place last night apparently, another 779 people received an ITA with scores 818 and higher
Where did you get that info from?
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:18 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Well we got our ITA to apply from that second draw- our points 979...
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Express Entry rounds of invitations

HTH.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 1:49 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

A third draw has been made as at midnight on 20 February 2015 with a cut-off of 808 points, but for the first time only applying to people qualified under the Canadian Experience Class. 849 have been sent ITAs.

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b)* of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and
(b) in any other case, zero.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on February 20, 2015 at 11:59:47 UTC, have been assigned a total of 808 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System, as set out in the Ministerial Instructions referred to in paragraph (1)(a), occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Ministerial Instructions
*"Paragraph 2(b)" refers to the Canadian Experience Class.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting... So they are offering ITAs to specific streams, as well as the entire pool. Shame that it still hasn't made it down to people without a PNP/LMIA, but I'd consider this good news for people without job offers. I imagine there will be a fair few people in the FSW stream who won't have job offers, so if they decide to pool specifically from the FSW pool, hopefully the lower boundary ends up being slightly lower, capturing people without jobs.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt very much (in fact be tempted to bet grandads false teeth on it) it would get below 800...for any stream, sadly owing to the pool system, new blood comes in everyday that DOES have that job offer or PNP, just my thoughts, unless of course EE does not hit it's caps and then it would be right at the death of the year.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently feeling disheartened by this. The whole reason that I want to apply through CEC is because I can't apply through any other program & keep my current job (which is a big part of why I want to apply for PR in the first place). If the points are never going to drop down below 600 then it's literally pointless to apply if you don't have PNP or LMIA.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

They have to drop below 600 at some point though, they'll run out of people with LMIAs and PNPs.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

Why?....look at it logically, how many people get an LMIA for a temp job every month, 6 months after they get it they can apply (if they fit the programs critera) for EE and use that LMIA as long as the employer offers them a full time job (and candidly which employer is not going to write that letter??, if you're a nice guy most will, and be happy to keep you)...so you got a rolling top up of the pool of candidates all with those extra 600 points to keep scores high....and thats just LMIA, i'm not including PNP.

Candidly anyone that did not take this "golden ring" opportunity for quick no mess PR would be stupid to the point of being dangerous.

Last edited by Ontheroadoflife; Feb 24th 2015 at 3:05 am.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
They have to drop below 600 at some point though, they'll run out of people with LMIAs and PNPs.
Is there anywhere on CIC that states how many LMIAs or PNPs are being given out in any particular month?

I can just see it happening that you could be sitting at 590 points, near the top of the pool and then those at the bottom will receive their LMIA or PNP and then jump ahead of you, and then the "cap" will never lower down?

*Sigh* I'm just being pessimistic.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

And of course I'm not including the Fraud side of things...want to come to canada?....no problem give me $50,000 cash plus you cover what i pay you for 12 months, and i will offer you a Temporary Workers Permit in my incorporated company for a Job you are qualified for...which as far as anyone is concerned you take and i pay you back a monthly salary of X minus tax etc so everything looks good, wait 6 months then apply with the LMIA for EE, 6 months later, your here legal...then resign

I know it's not that easy, or I hope not, but..........
Old Feb 24th 2015, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

There are stats out there (numbers are way down), however consider that no everyone with a LMIA will necessarily want PR.

At 800 points we're talking 200 in human capital, surely soon there won't be anyone left with that little (no offence) and an approved job.

The whole system puts far, far to much emphasis on having that LMIA or PNP. I have a decent job in a skiled occupation but I won't be successful with an LMIA, so essentially I'm screwed for 6 months +.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus, there is a wave of new LMIA applications in the process right now that got held up deliberately by the introduction of EE, with a backlog behind, yes applications are down, because the government held up LMIA applications to perhaps make it seem that way. Being seen to take positive action that made a difference in the figures in response to public pressure... the jobs that needed filling didn't disappear, nor did a wave of Canadians come running from the shadows to fill them, how do I know this?....I'm waiting 7 months for a permit renewal...a process that normally would take max 16 weeks (including post advertising, and yes my post has been advertised for 7 months without success). In the last 3 weeks 9 people in my situation i know personally all got 5-7 month wait plus LMIA's approved...mine is days, not weeks, away. I know this as my employer had CIC on the phone twice recently about it...after months of nothing. We had complied with all steps advertising etc, but for 3 months everything stopped dead, and only now EE is up and running are things moving again, So i have 2 years Canadian Experience, but did not have an LMIA so had a low score, next week i could have 800 plus (As i qualify under CEC and my NOC fits)...my score was 200 plus (yes that little) is it fair? no, if i did not have a Canadian spouse would i apply that LMIA to my profile with a smile...you bet your backside!!

Not fair i know, but i don't make the rules, this process allowing TWP's to apply their TWP LMIA's for the 600 is the culprit, instead of an independent assessment of, if a full time job offer is even suitable...for example, and only an example, Ski lift attendant...what work do they do in the summer. Beyond making the offer, and writing the letter there is no financial obligations on the employer, who may let a personal daily interaction influence his thoughts, he knows this person personally, and they are "good people"...oh except of course getting out of his legal obligations to pay the agreed minimum monthly wage summer or winter (work or no work)for the entire period of the permit, soon as they get PR he is free. It has also taken a 14 month drawn out process to PR under the old paper system down to super speedy and who wouldn't if they could with very minimal input, NOT like obtaining PR..even if they go home, they can always come back...this time with the family?

Just coming from a (no offence) 200 scorers point of view.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Is there anywhere on CIC that states how many LMIAs or PNPs are being given out in any particular month?

I can just see it happening that you could be sitting at 590 points, near the top of the pool and then those at the bottom will receive their LMIA or PNP and then jump ahead of you, and then the "cap" will never lower down?

*Sigh* I'm just being pessimistic.
I'm afraid I agree with ontheroadoflife, I don't think there's ever a point where CIC will be choosing people without LMIAs/PNP as they just won't need to.

I don't know the monthly figures, but in 2013 (there aren't figures for 2014 yet) there were 78,962 TWP holders and 18,804 PNP applicants (with another 21,111 in dependents of the PNP principal applicants).

Add in all of those (which doesn't even include dependents of work permit holders) and you'd get approx 120,000 people that would currently be eligible to apply under EE with the additional 600 points which is far more than CIC will need to select I suspect - in fact about double the people that got PR via the CEC, FSW and PNP last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.