Express Entry First Draw

Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

What is the requirement for the Police Certificate? How recent does it have to be.

I got mine last month in preparation but I think it's gonna be a while before I've got a chance at an ITA so I may have to apply for another one if they require it to be more recent than that.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kpower27
What is the requirement for the Police Certificate? How recent does it have to be.

I got mine last month in preparation but I think it's gonna be a while before I've got a chance at an ITA so I may have to apply for another one if they require it to be more recent than that.
1. No older than 3 months when the APPLICATION is submitted.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

^ And by submitted, that means the day it arrives at CIC, not the day you put it in the post.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

It's rather an awkward requirement for those already working in Canada.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 9:05 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
It's rather an awkward requirement for those already working in Canada.
I agree but I guess it's because you could have easily gone back to the UK and committed a crime during the last few months between obtaining the previous certificate. Not that you couldn't also do that after you submit the application. Anyhoo....it's a requirement. We only received our most recent ones in October for the rip off price of £130 each (including international courier fee) and are now in the process of getting new ones AGAIN for submission to EE
Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

In fairness I could have also gone to the US and committed a crime, or any other country I've lived in for 5.5 months.

The three month rule doesn't help, we have valid ones from last year and will need to shell out again, as you did.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:24 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
In fairness I could have also gone to the US and committed a crime, or any other country I've lived in for 5.5 months.

The three month rule doesn't help, we have valid ones from last year and will need to shell out again, as you did.
I agree it's silly and expensive. By the time we get PR (if we even do) we will have put well over £10,000 into the whole process
Old Feb 5th 2015, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

The express entry profile has been completed and now waiting,the question is this if applying for work after completing the express entry is fine however the feedback I am recieving from employers is that do I have a valid work permit,my answer is no because I do not have a job offer.How can I apply for a work permit or open work permit until i have a valid job offer,a bit misleading on somepoint however the express entry is fine.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
The express entry profile has been completed and now waiting,the question is this if applying for work after completing the express entry is fine however the feedback I am recieving from employers is that do I have a valid work permit,my answer is no because I do not have a job offer.How can I apply for a work permit or open work permit until i have a valid job offer,a bit misleading on somepoint however the express entry is fine.
You would need to find an employer who is willing to go through the process of obtaining an LMIA for you which would give you the extra 600 point boost in your EE profile and also allow you to obtain a temporary work permit that you can use while you wait for a PR application to process (Assuming you get selected from the pool)
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can't apply for a work permit until you have a job offer, and a LMIA. If the employers don't understand that then you need to explain to them how it works and see if they're willing to apply for the LMIA for you.

HTH.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

A lmia cost an employer 1000 canadian dollars to hire a foreign worker so the whole permit thing only works for a job offer from an employer who wants to take the hassle of the lmia.There must be a way of obtaining some sort of permit to get into Canada to work whilst waiting for the express entry profile to be granted.:-/
Old Feb 5th 2015, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

A lmia cost an employer 1000 canadian dollars to hire a foreign worker so the whole permit thing only works for a job offer from an employer who wants to take the hassle of the lmia.There must be a way of obtaining some sort of permit to get into Canada to work whilst waiting for the express entry profile to be granted.:-/
There is its called work permit where no LMIA is required such as an Intra Company Transferee, NAFTA Professional, spousal open work permit, been issued with a letter from a Province that is sponsoring you and working holiday visas.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
There is its called work permit where no LMIA is required such as an Intra Company Transferee, NAFTA Professional, spousal open work permit, been issued with a letter from a Province that is sponsoring you and working holiday visas.
What are the implications for applying for EE if on a Intra company transfer without LMIA? Can you still get the 600 points for having a job?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:28 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
What are the implications for applying for EE if on a Intra company transfer without LMIA? Can you still get the 600 points for having a job?
I'm not 100 % but I'm going to say if you have more than a years experience then it would be classed as experience class. I'm sure someone will either correct or provide a better answer though
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Why must there be? Unless you're in a LMIA exempt role (for example, as FL has said above, an intra company transfer etc), then the only other option is provincial nomination - which is still hassle for the employer usually.

You can't just rock up to Canada and start working without a visa, and to get a visa you usually need a LMIA - no way around it I'm afraid.

You'll need the LMIA or nomination anyway to stand any chance of being selected via EE, so even if you could sidestep that requirement, it wouldn't help you in the long run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.