Express Entry First Draw

Old Feb 4th 2015, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
be interesting to see how you get on with getting the references, I am sure people have come up against old companies that have been liquidated and no longer have contact with any employers anymore - certainly would not be uncommon around 2007-2010 with the recession in the UK
Or on a similar note employers who refuse to provide anything other than their standard reference, which for two examples of mine does not include salary or duties.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Or on a similar note employers who refuse to provide anything other than their standard reference, which for two examples of mine does not include salary or duties.

Anyone else had this problem?
Thankfully I've managed to already get references from my previous employers in the UK with all the necessary info on them, after reading this thread I found that I'll need to get one for my Common Law spouse however we can only get one from her most recent and longest UK employment (~5 years) Because the previous two companies she worked for went into liquidation so there is absolutely no way of obtaining a reference letter for those.
As mentioned before, this can't be the first time and I'm sure providing a cover letter detailing the issues, perhaps including some information regarding the companies' closure/liquidation if I could get that from Companies House.

If CIC will accept nothing less than a full reference letter regardless then I would suggest they change the eligibility requirements for all Federal programs to include the line:

"Has never worked for a company that has closed down and is able to obtain complete reference letters for all periods of employment since birth"
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
There is no way people will know all of that. Passport stamps will help for outside Europe but for trips in Europe. What do they expect that you have kept all your travel documentation from when you were 18?

It's completely ridiculous, what happens if you on,y have the month and the year, which would be more appropriate?
I would suspect that if you can't remember, then there's no way for CIC to know how accurate you are... Half the time when you go to France through the Euro Tunnel they don't even check your passports.. just check that you have the same number of passports as people in the car.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:24 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I would suspect that if you can't remember, then there's no way for CIC to know how accurate you are... Half the time when you go to France through the Euro Tunnel they don't even check your passports.. just check that you have the same number of passports as people in the car.

I think if I ever get to that stage, I'll just take a rough guess at the date and include a letter of expectation informing CIC that it's the best to my knowledge.

Are they going to rejected someone who is a day out with their travel history?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by doubleym
Thankfully I've managed to already get references from my previous employers in the UK with all the necessary info on them, after reading this thread I found that I'll need to get one for my Common Law spouse however we can only get one from her most recent and longest UK employment (~5 years) Because the previous two companies she worked for went into liquidation so there is absolutely no way of obtaining a reference letter for those.
As mentioned before, this can't be the first time and I'm sure providing a cover letter detailing the issues, perhaps including some information regarding the companies' closure/liquidation if I could get that from Companies House
It’s difficult particularly when you’ve got big companies who have a template with not much on it, who don’t want to include any duties on there. Or salary. Or hours worked in one case for mine. I imagine (hope) there’s some degree of flexibility. Anyone submitted any without all the info in, perhaps with a letter of explanation?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:41 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
It’s difficult particularly when you’ve got big companies who have a template with not much on it, who don’t want to include any duties on there. Or salary. Or hours worked in one case for mine. I imagine (hope) there’s some degree of flexibility. Anyone submitted any without all the info in, perhaps with a letter of explanation?
I am going to have to do this with at least 2 of my previous employers, luckily for one I found pay stubs so this should help....the other will just be explained and hopefully that will suffice.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Good thinking, I've probably got some on old emails I can dig out. Being an IT contractor this all gets very complicated when you're chasing 5 or 6 full references rather than 1 or 2.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:09 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I believe there is a way you can get printouts from the either the tax or National insurance people showing your work history. Might be worth doing a search on here as I'm fairly certain someone posted a link.

A printout of this and a cover letter explaining that references are not available for whatever reason seems to have worked for other people
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:14 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

This looks promising however I wouldn't expect a quick turnaround

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...istory-request
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

BritishCanadianCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sms1984
Unfortunately yes and unlike the old paper application that only asks for year and month, EE is asking for year, month and day of trips outside of your country of origin so even that is excruciatingly harder
SMS1984 - Since you got your invite do you mind posting more information on what exactly they are looking for regarding:

Work experience in more detail
Education in more detail

Also if there is anything else that was unexpected that you needed to be able to input. Other then the travel since you already mentioned that.

Thank you.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

I had one and while it lists your NI contributions (and qualifying years) it doesn't list it by employer.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:55 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by BritishCanadianCouple
SMS1984 - Since you got your invite do you mind posting more information on what exactly they are looking for regarding:

Work experience in more detail
Education in more detail

Also if there is anything else that was unexpected that you needed to be able to input. Other then the travel since you already mentioned that.

Thank you.
I have a word document I put together with all the things we personally have been asked for but I'm not sure how to upload it ( I can email it to you?), I'm not sure if everyone's will be the same depending on what route etc but you can get the general idea
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

BritishCanadianCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be great. If you click on my name I believe you can email it to me. Never done it before though so I am not 100% on that.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:18 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

You can also attach it to a post by clicking on the paperclip icon
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:25 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
You can also attach it to a post by clicking on the paperclip icon
I tried, it wouldn't upload as the file size is too big

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.