Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
I have been living in Canada for nearly 2 years now and will definitely find it difficult providing this information
I'm not sure why your current country makes a difference? We simply asked for our letters to be scanned and emailed.

Employer reference letters have always been needed for a PR app, do you have any prepared?

Good luck with getting them.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:51 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm not sure why your current country makes a difference? We simply asked for our letters to be scanned and emailed.

Employer reference letters have always been needed for a PR app, do you have any prepared?

Good luck with getting them.
I mentioned the 2 years with reference to it being an LMO and not a new LMIA. I had to include my work history with our CEC PR application which I did but it didn't ask for actual letters of reference. At least 3 of the places I worked now no longer operate and a handful of the others were places like pubs and chippy's that are unlikely to provide me with the required information if the same owners even work there.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:10 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

So after catching my breath with the whole EE application last night, I realised that we only need to supply previous employment documentation for the jobs we have listed in our application going back 10 years which isn't so bad I guess. For the odds and end jobs like bar tending etc I will have to write a letter of explanation saying the people who ran them are no longer running them and that I don't know where in the world they might be. Hopefully this will be sufficient!