Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:20 am
  #1  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

I am currently uploading all supporting documents and under spouse's supporting documents it asks for employment records and gives the following explanation

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for
the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"


Am I reading correctly that I need to provide all of the above for any job I have ever had??
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:35 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
I am currently uploading all supporting documents and under spouse's supporting documents it asks for employment records and gives the following explanation

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for
the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"


Am I reading correctly that I need to provide all of the above for any job I have ever had??
I'm guessing so, if you had listed everything in the profile, I assume CIC want proof for everything entered into it.
doubleym is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:39 am
  #3  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

That is insane, how is it possible to contact everyone you ever worked for and ask for a letter of reference and receive it all back within 60 days
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:39 am
  #4  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,899
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

I didn't think this was required for family class sponsorship?
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:45 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
KuroKuro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 446
KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
That is insane, how is it possible to contact everyone you ever worked for and ask for a letter of reference and receive it all back within 60 days
I completely agree, especially when you consider that there are a large amount of people that won't even be in their home country anymore.
KuroKuro is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:51 am
  #6  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I completely agree, especially when you consider that there are a large amount of people that won't even be in their home country anymore.
I have been living in Canada for nearly 2 years now and will definitely find it difficult providing this information
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:52 am
  #7  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I didn't think this was required for family class sponsorship?
We so far haven't been given a choice in which way we are applying through express entry
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:02 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 102
doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I didn't think this was required for family class sponsorship?
EE is only for FSW/CEC/PNP is it not?

I don't believe sms1984 is talking about Family Class, sounds like they're listed as a spouse on a EE profile for either FSW or CEC?
doubleym is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:04 am
  #9  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by doubleym
EE is only for FSW/CEC/PNP is it not?

I don't believe sms1984 is talking about Family Class, sounds like they're listed as a spouse on a EE profile for either FSW or CEC?
Yes sorry, I am listed as a spouse on EE CEC profile
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:09 am
  #10  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,899
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
Yes sorry, I am listed as a spouse on EE CEC profile

Oh sorry, as soon as I saw spouse/common law I automatically assumed
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:13 am
  #11  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,045
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
Yes sorry, I am listed as a spouse on EE CEC profile
How long did it take to get the points through for CEC? My husband has worked for a minimum of 12 months but not being given any points as yet? We have the LMO which I figure he must have been awarded points for as we're around the same mark as yourself points wise..., confused face!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:16 am
  #12  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by Tirytory
How long did it take to get the points through for CEC? My husband has worked for a minimum of 12 months but not being given any points as yet? We have the LMO which I figure he must have been awarded points for as we're around the same mark as yourself points wise..., confused face!
When we submitted the initial profile on Jan 13th (I think) all our points showed up right away
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:23 am
  #13  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,045
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
When we submitted the initial profile on Jan 13th (I think) all our points showed up right away
Mmm still confused then!
Tirytory is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:25 am
  #14  
Happy in Alberta
Thread Starter
 
sms1984's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 374
sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Mmm still confused then!
I don't think any part of this is going to run smoothly. Essentially us first lot are guinea pigs
sms1984 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:27 am
  #15  
Muskoka, Ontario
 
Tirytory's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,045
Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
I don't think any part of this is going to run smoothly. Essentially us first lot are guinea pigs
Yes I guess there are pros and cons to being first out of the bag... Still hopefully PR in six months will be a huge plus!!!
Tirytory is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.