Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:20 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

I am currently uploading all supporting documents and under spouse's supporting documents it asks for employment records and gives the following explanation

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for
the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

Am I reading correctly that I need to provide all of the above for any job I have ever had??
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Express entry document checklist- supporting documents

Originally Posted by sms1984
I am currently uploading all supporting documents and under spouse's supporting documents it asks for employment records and gives the following explanation

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for
the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

Am I reading correctly that I need to provide all of the above for any job I have ever had??
I'm guessing so, if you had listed everything in the profile, I assume CIC want proof for everything entered into it.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:39 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

That is insane, how is it possible to contact everyone you ever worked for and ask for a letter of reference and receive it all back within 60 days
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:39 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think this was required for family class sponsorship?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

That is insane, how is it possible to contact everyone you ever worked for and ask for a letter of reference and receive it all back within 60 days
I completely agree, especially when you consider that there are a large amount of people that won't even be in their home country anymore.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:51 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I completely agree, especially when you consider that there are a large amount of people that won't even be in their home country anymore.
I have been living in Canada for nearly 2 years now and will definitely find it difficult providing this information
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:52 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
We so far haven't been given a choice in which way we are applying through express entry
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
EE is only for FSW/CEC/PNP is it not?

I don't believe sms1984 is talking about Family Class, sounds like they're listed as a spouse on a EE profile for either FSW or CEC?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:04 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by doubleym
EE is only for FSW/CEC/PNP is it not?

I don't believe sms1984 is talking about Family Class, sounds like they're listed as a spouse on a EE profile for either FSW or CEC?
Yes sorry, I am listed as a spouse on EE CEC profile
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:09 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sorry, as soon as I saw spouse/common law I automatically assumed
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:13 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

How long did it take to get the points through for CEC? My husband has worked for a minimum of 12 months but not being given any points as yet? We have the LMO which I figure he must have been awarded points for as we're around the same mark as yourself points wise..., confused face!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:16 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
How long did it take to get the points through for CEC? My husband has worked for a minimum of 12 months but not being given any points as yet? We have the LMO which I figure he must have been awarded points for as we're around the same mark as yourself points wise..., confused face!
When we submitted the initial profile on Jan 13th (I think) all our points showed up right away
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:23 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

When we submitted the initial profile on Jan 13th (I think) all our points showed up right away
Mmm still confused then!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:25 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Mmm still confused then!
I don't think any part of this is going to run smoothly. Essentially us first lot are guinea pigs
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:27 am
Muskoka, Ontario

I don't think any part of this is going to run smoothly. Essentially us first lot are guinea pigs
Yes I guess there are pros and cons to being first out of the bag... Still hopefully PR in six months will be a huge plus!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.