Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry cut off - is it gone down??

Express entry cut off - is it gone down??

Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express entry cut off - is it gone down??

Hey guys,

was just periodically checking the cut off and i couldn't believe my eyes. Am I missing something here?
I am on work permit and having to collect 1 or 2 years canadian express to get to about 460 - this would change everything for me.... any thoughts?

Express Entry rounds of invitations - Canada.ca

Results: Rounds of invitations

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #176 – February 13, 2021

Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 27,332Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 27,332th or above

Date and time of round: February 13, 2021 at 11:56:56 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 75

Tie-breaking rule: September 12, 2020 at 15:31:40 UTC

Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry cut off - is it gone down??

Not sure what you mean by ‘any thoughts’?

Yes, that draw was a few weeks ago. Essentially a catch up draw after the past year when they’ve not come close to meeting their quota thanks to Covid.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure what you mean by ‘any thoughts’?

Yes, that draw was a few weeks ago. Essentially a catch up draw after the past year when they’ve not come close to meeting their quota thanks to Covid.
Wow... amazing!
I did notice all the invitations were for CEC.

Sorry, by any thoughts I meant... previously I was under the impression, unless I have 450+, there is no chance through express entry, and I had to go through a lot of hassle getting a work permit. If circumstance have changed now, do I stand a good chance in getting an invitation now if I apply? I would easily get around 430ish.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eversmannx
Wow... amazing!
I did notice all the invitations were for CEC.

Sorry, by any thoughts I meant... previously I was under the impression, unless I have 450+, there is no chance through express entry, and I had to go through a lot of hassle getting a work permit. If circumstance have changed now, do I stand a good chance in getting an invitation now if I apply? I would easily get around 430ish.
Ah, I see. In all honesty I wouldn’t count on it happening again. Iirc, the target is 108,000 EE PR’s this year, and my guess is that they decided to get a jump start on that with Covid still affecting so much and fewer applicants.

Absolutely apply though, once you’ve done a year working in Canada you’ll be eligible for CEC too and you never know! It may just happen again.

Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Absolutely apply though, once you’ve done a year working in Canada you’ll be eligible for CEC too and you never know! It may just happen again.

Good luck.
Thanks.
Is there any harm in me creating a profile now and adding the details? does it conflict with the work permit in any way... ?
I figured i have to get everything ready to apply i.e. IELTS, degree certificate from UK validated etc... but I heard I can start the process and add these in later? just don't wanna do anything to mess up the work permit
Old Mar 5th 2021, 3:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Is there any harm in me creating a profile now and adding the details? does it conflict with the work permit in any way... ?
I figured i have to get everything ready to apply i.e. IELTS, degree certificate from UK validated etc... but I heard I can start the process and add these in later? just don't wanna do anything to mess up the work permit
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...try/works.html

Step 2: Get your documents ready

You need documents, such as language test results, to show that you’re eligible for Express Entry. Some documents take a long time to get, so you should get them ready now.

Step 3: Submit your profile

(You don’t need to upload documents to submit a profile, but you may need information from some or all of these documents.. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...documents.html
Old Mar 5th 2021, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks.
As above, you can't add them in later, you're simply not eligible without them. There are some things you can add in later like a job offer, but IELTS and ECA are mandatory and you'd just be rejected without them.

It won't be an issue to do that alongside your work permit app though, it's fine to have both, so just apply as soon as you've got your IELTS/ECA.

Good luck.