Express entry confusion

Old Jan 1st 2015, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Emmasuede is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express entry confusion

Hi All

We went online yesterday and submitted our expression of interest to the new express entry system and woke up this morning to an email saying we weren't eligilble. They listed a number of reasons none of which we can understand.

We have a job offer
A language test with a pass mark
The right funds
The right years work experience in a skilled trade

On every site we do the "see if you are eligible" including the CIC website it says we are eligible.

Was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues. There is no number to call and query the outcome.

Cheers

Emma
Old Jan 1st 2015, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

ben668 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express entry confusion

Hi Emma, We have had the exact same issue. it says you are eligible then on ours it said we had no provinicial nominee ????? I cant understand it either.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 10:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You say you have a job offer, but do you have a LMIA/TWP or PNP nomination?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ben668
Hi Emma, We have had the exact same issue. it says you are eligible then on ours it said we had no provinicial nominee ????? I cant understand it either.
On the letter they sent back was that all that was listed? We are not sure if we got a standard form or if it lists the sections we failed on.

We got a list but all they listed aren't relevant to us???
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You say you have a job offer, but do you have a LMIA/TWP or PNP nomination?
No we don't have an LMIA/TWP or PNP as yet, the company is looking into this as because we are applying for PR they don't pay for the LMIA but there is no clear information for them on what they need to do. They have sponsored foreigner workers before so are not new to the LMIA process.

That being said you don't have to have a job offer to be eligible for express entry, assuming you have the right amount of work experience in a skilled traded. My husband has 7 years as a Carpenter and all the letters from all past employers to back this up.

The letter they sent back is not clear about which element we have not met, but when going through the CIC information even without the job offer on the table we meet the eligibility requirements, it would just mean that we have a lower score once in the pool.

We have tried calling 5 different numbers on the various immigration website but no one seems to be able to answer questions on the express entry stuff.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 6:29 am
Just Joined

HarryFellowes is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get any further with this? I've just had the same ineligibilty letter although I believe I pass all the criteria listed?
Old Jan 4th 2015, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryFellowes
Did you get any further with this? I've just had the same ineligibilty letter although I believe I pass all the criteria listed?
We ended up phoning Canada and explained the situation and they said that they couldn't understand it, but to bear with them as it is a new system and to try again.

Which we did and this time we qualified, although, not with anywhere near as many points as we had worked out. They only recognise education that has been Canadian Certified so while the minimum criteria is that you must have secondary and post secondary education, in order for them to give you any points you have to certify them.

Same with the Job Offer they except it but you can't get pints without the LMIA number attached.

We are now certifying the education and once the positive LMIA is through (which is in process) we will have that too. Looks like it will be several months however till we have enough points to receive an ITA.

Let me know how you get on :-)

E
Old Jan 5th 2015, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Different kind of confusion here, but still, big confusion!

As you may already know, those of us who have nomination and apply for EE, we are not awarded immediately with 600 points, province has to confirm our nomination to CIC directly with our EE file number we provide to province...

I'm a MPNP nominee, I've sen't them e mail explainig what they have to do, I actually attached exact .pdf I got from CIC with my file number.

they replied with this:

"Hello,
Since you were nominated by MPNP in 2014, we are not able to recommend you for the Express Entry program. You should still apply for permanent residency through the standard process.
Thank you,
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program"

What?!?!!?
that's not how it's supposed to work, right?
I think they got it all wrong, I think they believe they can only confirm 500 people per year - but those are the candidates province will pick directly from pool of candidates, right?

please, does anybody have any advice?
are there other Province Nominees here who applied through EE?? what's your experience?
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:41 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

My boss from Italy has a similar problem, he is an engineering and project manager for a large engineering company but was told he was ineligible, one of the reasons was that he did not have a job offer although he currently works for the company in Canada.

Does the EE system rule out people who already have a job in Canada.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

apparently, all of us who already obtained PNP nomination, are not elligible to apply for EE.
when it comes to PNP and EE, obviously only those 500 applicants per province, who apply in 2015 for PNP and fall under one of three categories for EE, will be invited to submit their application through EE, everyone else will apply "old fashion", through mail and regular designated VO timeline for PNP.
that's not what was told on EE seminars, and I'm thoroughly furious right now...
Old Jan 5th 2015, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
Different kind of confusion here, but still, big confusion!

As you may already know, those of us who have nomination and apply for EE, we are not awarded immediately with 600 points, province has to confirm our nomination to CIC directly with our EE file number we provide to province...

I'm a MPNP nominee, I've sen't them e mail explainig what they have to do, I actually attached exact .pdf I got from CIC with my file number.

they replied with this:

"Hello,
Since you were nominated by MPNP in 2014, we are not able to recommend you for the Express Entry program. You should still apply for permanent residency through the standard process.
Thank you,
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program"

What?!?!!?
that's not how it's supposed to work, right?
I think they got it all wrong, I think they believe they can only confirm 500 people per year - but those are the candidates province will pick directly from pool of candidates, right?

please, does anybody have any advice?
are there other Province Nominees here who applied through EE?? what's your experience?
I have a Saskatchewan provincial nomination, and I enquired in December to SINP about whether I need to go through the express entry in January. They told me the same. They said that because I was nominated in 2014, I was not to go through the express entry system, and apply for PR the standard way.
So I would say that because Manitoba and Saskatchewan are saying the same thing, if you were nominated in 2014, we need to do it the standard/old way, and the express entry is not for us.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Does the EE system rule out people who already have a job in Canada.
I would suspect that even though he works for the company already, he still needs a positive LMIA.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
I would suspect that even though he works for the company already, he still needs a positive LMIA.
I completed my EE profile over the weekend. I am currently working in Canada under a Temporary Work Permit. Since this was a transfer within the same company, no LMO was required/sought. I received zero points out of 600 for this (beyond the 35 points for actually having worked in Canada for a year), which seems to bear out the above observation. We obviously don't yet know how many points will be required to be successful, but in practical terms I feel I need to persuade my employer to seek an LMIA (i.e. advertise for a role already filled by me ).
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

apparently, all of us who already obtained PNP nomination, are not elligible to apply for EE.
when it comes to PNP and EE, obviously only those 500 applicants per province, who apply in 2015 for PNP and fall under one of three categories for EE, will be invited to submit their application through EE, everyone else will apply "old fashion", through mail and regular designated VO timeline for PNP.
that's not what was told on EE seminars, and I'm thoroughly furious right now...
What EE seminars? Were they official ones run by CIC? If so, you have every right to feel furious.

It's been known for quite some time that the rules changed on 1st Jan and that if you applied before that you'd have to be processed under the old rules, so I'm astonished they told you differently! Definitely worth taking further.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

davedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond repute

What if I applied in 2014 and got nominated in 2015? EE or old process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.