express entry

Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default express entry

Hi folks,
My wife has just received the email through from CIC and has been told that she is not entitled for express entry. According to the results was that the ielts exam results were too low and that not having enough qualifications and work experience.
I find this quite rubbish really as she scored 7.5 & 8.5 in the ielts English exam even though English is the first language.
Also not having enough qualifications which is also ridiculous. In fact she has an o.n.d and a hcmia in management.
And with not having enough work experience is a joke, in fact she has over 25 years experience and skills in the position she has.
So why has CIC come to this conclusion as this baffles me.
Express entry beginning to be a bit of a joke.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:38 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: express entry

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
Hi folks, My wife has just received the email through from CIC and has been told that she is not entitled for express entry. According to the results was that the ielts exam results were too low and that not having enough qualifications and work experience. I find this quite rubbish really as she scored 7.5 & 8.5 in the ielts English exam even though English is the first language.Also not having enough qualifications which is also ridiculous. In fact she has an o.n.d and a hcmia in management.And with not having enough work experience is a joke, in fact she has over 25 years experience and skills in the position she has.So why has CIC come to this conclusion as this baffles me.Express entry beginning to be a bit of a joke.
That's tough. Can you appeal? Also, what is an HCMIA? I just tried to google it out of curiosity.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply ,,
I dont know about the appeal thing nor where to start, and the hcmia means hotel,catering,management institute association part a which means she can teach people
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply ,,
I dont know about the appeal thing nor where to start, and the hcmia means hotel,catering,management institute association part a which means she can teach people
Sorry to hear that your wife wasn't successful - how frustrating!

Did she get her qualifications assessed without any problem? Was she able to get confirmation of her work experience?

If they gave her specifics that she didn't meet, would it be worth while trying to get reassessments done on her qualifications/work experience and perhaps retake the IELTS/CELPIP and try to get a higher grade (though hers seems good as they stand)?

you are able to try again.

Don't know if this is of use, it's the conversion to points of different qualification/training levels http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...conversion.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 19th 2015 at 9:06 am.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
That's tough. Can you appeal? Also, what is an HCMIA? I just tried to google it out of curiosity.

There is nothing to appeal: she only just submitted her profile (around October 8th according to the last post on the subject), so this is pre ITA.

Without wishing to be rude, given the OP's prior history here, I suspect errors in filling out the profile may be the problem, rather than CIC being at fault.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

we both applied to wes to get our credentials assessed but they only recognized our grades from school and nothing else which i found strange.We did email them to state that we have ond and hnc and we also got the sqa department in Scotland to write to them but wes were having none of it.So that wa more money pissed up against the wall.We have over 40 years experience between us myself a technical engineer and my wife a chef/manager and with English being our 1st language,the bit I dont understand is why did they say that our points on English were not good enough when we scored well over the asking mark.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

we have checked over and over before sending the express entry profile for any mistakes or as such.We have crossed everything and told the truth.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

What did your wife score in the other two parts of the IELTS test (there are four parts: reading, writing, speaking, listening)?

Minimum 6 in IELTS in each is required for FSW.

If her WES assessment only counted her secondary schooling and not any higher qualifications then it's not surprising that the level of education was insufficient. An OND is apparently equivalent to an A level (I had to look it up), and her qualification from HCMIA is unlikely to be recognized by WES.

I assume you missed the declaration by WES that they don't evaluate trade or occupational qualifications?

How many points did she get in her EE profile?

Last edited by Shirtback; Oct 19th 2015 at 8:56 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

we have checked over and over before sending the express entry profile for any mistakes or as such.We have crossed everything and told the truth.
It sounds to me as though she just doesn't score enough to qualify as a Skilled Worker.

How old is your wife, how many years of skilled work experience does she have, do you have any family in Canada and does she speak any French? Also, what NOC code did she put on her application?

If you can give us the above info, we can try and help you figure it out.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

listening=6.0 reading=6.0 writing=7.0 and speaking=8.5 over all band score=7.0
WES did not accommodate with the certification even though we emailed several times and the sqa board contacted them also.
She is 44 years of age with over 20 years catering/management experience with qualifications and a excellent background and police clearance.
No relatives i think in Canada will have to ask .
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so by my reckoning she scores 3 points for age, 24 for language, 5 for education, 15 for work experience. Therefore a total of 47, which is 20 points short of the 67 required to qualify as a Skilled Worker.

The requirement of 67 points has been mentioned to you before, did you not think to check that before you spent money on IELTS, ECA's etc and applied? Even if your wife did have family in Canada, and your IELTS result was included, she'd still be falling short on the points from what you've said. Unfortunately her age and lack of academic post-secondary education (as said above, professional qualifications don't count) are letting her down.

So you'll need to look at other options, perhaps you score enough? If not, you'll need to get over there and get job hunting so you can move on a Temp Work Permit.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 20th 2015 at 5:56 am.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Christmasoompa has said it all

Jimbo, please take this in the kindly way it is meant: some of us have discussed all this with you before on several occasions.

There are several errors, expenses and disappointments you might have been able to avoid if you had taken the advice and suggestions you've been given over more than a year of posting here on BE.

It might be time to accept that as things stand, you and your wife do not qualify for Express Entry.

One or both of you *might* eventually qualify if one or both of you gets an LMIA & TWP, and/or through PNP.

WES is not there to "accommodate" you; you can email them all you like, but they state quite clearly, before you even sign up with them , that they *don't evaluate* the kind of qualifications you/your wife have.

Last edited by Shirtback; Oct 20th 2015 at 6:26 am.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

So the best thing to do is move there and job hunt??? Is this legal? To hunt for a job when in the country for 6 months???
The only reason we applied for the ielts test is what cic required.
Thanks for the help folks :-)
Old Oct 20th 2015, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

So the best thing to do is move there and job hunt??? Is this legal? To hunt for a job when in the country for 6 months???
Thanks for the help folks :-)
We went through all this with you last year, Jimbo

No, you would not MOVE here and job hunt. You would VISIT and job hunt, which is still perfectly legal just as when it was explained last year.

If/when one of you gets a job, the employer would apply for an LMIA while you go home to England and wait for it to come through.

It was clearly explained here (from post 33 onwards):
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-831537/page3/

Of course it's now an LMIA which costs 1000$, rather than an Lmo, but the visiting/job hunting info remains the same. In that thread, you were also give links to the job hunting wiki, and links to job sites.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 1:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

It is what is required for a PR app, but it doesn't seem as though you're eligible for PR without a job offer (unless I've miscalculated your points and you do actually have another 20?) However, the good news is that the IELTS is valid for 2 years, so if you can get out there on a TWP you should be able to reuse it when you do come to apply for PR in time.

As mentioned above, the job hunting aspect of it has been covered in your previous thread, it's perfectly legal. Although personally I wouldn't go for anything like 6 months, as that would presumably involve you giving up your jobs in the UK, which isn't sensible - most that go on job hunting trips just go for a couple of weeks, so that's what I'd advise personally.

So you'd go, job hunt and then return to the UK whilst the LMIA etc is processed. Have another read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, and it's also worth asking in the main Canada forum about your chances. I suspect that your partner may be much more likely to find an employer prepared to go through the hassle/cost/wait of the LMIA app for her, but perhaps others would say differently. Do also check in to the licensing requirements for your job as well.

Best of luck.