Exploring another avenue!!

Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:55 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Exploring another avenue!!

Hi all, I thought i would put this on a new thread as my other was a bit long and i wasn't sure if anyone would answer the question.
So I have a question for you guys which is what my OH brought up after something the lawyer said to me the other day....
If my OH was given a positive LMO in a different job and applied for another temporary work visa, and we left the country say over the border to Montana for a short break and come back in would that be a way of staying in Canada? Obviously not applying for PR?

The reason i asked is that our lawyer said that the refusal for residency would not affect another application for a temporary work visa...so the clogs started turning.
We have a friend in the oil fields where OH worked before who has said he would apply for an LMO for him if he was prepared to go back up there, which he is.
So answers on a postcard please
thanks guys, bet your sick of me already....but one has to explore all avenues!!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exploring another avenue!!

Sorry I can't answer your question but really good luck - I hope it all works out for you. I see you're in Cochrane - it's a great town.

Poppit
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:16 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

A great shift on what looked like imminent departure..... Good luck with this one.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping someone can answer your question. I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say I hope it all works out for you and your family
Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:04 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Hoping someone can answer your question. I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say I hope it all works out for you and your family
thanks guys, i just want to explore every avenue before we give up, we only want to stay a bit longer to save enough money to travel the world as that is our ultimate goal, but if not then we will be back to plan b and looking at other countries to go to. If anyone does know this is doable please let me know, thanks
Old Jan 15th 2011, 9:49 am
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Hope that everything works out for you.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

I do think your lawyer is right. As this would be "temporary", it wouldn't interfere with the idea of CIC, that you are not admissable for permanent.

Go for it..nothing much to loose?

Good luck!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:54 am
Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted by manitobain
I do think your lawyer is right. As this would be "temporary", it wouldn't interfere with the idea of CIC, that you are not admissable for permanent.

Go for it..nothing much to loose?

Good luck!
thanks Manitobain....has anyone else on the forum had this experience....really need some more advice guys as we need to make a decision fairly quickly...running out of time fast!!
Please anymore comments or advice would be most welcome.
cheers
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:48 am
Onwards and upwards!

Anyone got any more answers????
Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

I know we decided TWP was too dodgy (we had already applied for PR but were expecting burden ruling etc) because the questions on the TWP form were a bit ambiguous (from memory there was something about dependent's medical requirements/ burden stuff/ ever been refused entry etc) but your lawyer should know more than us! I'd be wary about trying to do it at the border with a positive LMO though - they'll know immediately that you have been refused PR on burden grounds, and I wouldn't want to take that chance... better have the approved paperwork in hand, that way you know that they've seen the burden ruling/ PR refusal and have approved the TWP anyway... don't leave the country without valid status to get back in lol!

(just remembering the Chapman's who were refused PR and turned up at immigration and were refused entry... don't know where that one is now, it went to appeal I think)

good luck
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I don't quite understand ur situation, but......

We were refused PR after applying in the UK on the gounds that we were deamed unable to settle (or some codswallap like that), so I secured a job from the UK on a TWP, then landed and put in another PR application under FSW2

The IO at the airport pulled up our failed PR attempt on his terminal, but didn't question it at all because we had a job offer and +ve LMO

TWPs are risky and come with thier own problems with financial institutes...but it's only a temporary inconvenience

good luck!

Last edited by spaceace; Jan 17th 2011 at 3:52 am.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:17 pm
Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted by debbiem
I know we decided TWP was too dodgy (we had already applied for PR but were expecting burden ruling etc) because the questions on the TWP form were a bit ambiguous (from memory there was something about dependent's medical requirements/ burden stuff/ ever been refused entry etc) but your lawyer should know more than us! I'd be wary about trying to do it at the border with a positive LMO though - they'll know immediately that you have been refused PR on burden grounds, and I wouldn't want to take that chance... better have the approved paperwork in hand, that way you know that they've seen the burden ruling/ PR refusal and have approved the TWP anyway... don't leave the country without valid status to get back in lol!

(just remembering the Chapman's who were refused PR and turned up at immigration and were refused entry... don't know where that one is now, it went to appeal I think)

good luck
Thanks Debbiem
Do we have to leave the country to get our new work permits or can they be sent to us in Canada? I get what you're saying about being refused PR on burden grounds, but if we had a new employer that had a positive LMO and then we applied for a new work permit within Canada, and didn't leave the country do you or anyone else think that would work?
Very confusing all this and just wish someone who was an immigration officer would give us their opinion!
I just know that people have been made redundant and then got another job for another company so it can't be so much of a problem don't you think?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:38 am
Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Hi all, I thought i would put this on a new thread as my other was a bit long and i wasn't sure if anyone would answer the question.
So I have a question for you guys which is what my OH brought up after something the lawyer said to me the other day....
If my OH was given a positive LMO in a different job and applied for another temporary work visa, and we left the country say over the border to Montana for a short break and come back in would that be a way of staying in Canada? Obviously not applying for PR?

The reason i asked is that our lawyer said that the refusal for residency would not affect another application for a temporary work visa...so the clogs started turning.
We have a friend in the oil fields where OH worked before who has said he would apply for an LMO for him if he was prepared to go back up there, which he is.
So answers on a postcard please
thanks guys, bet your sick of me already....but one has to explore all avenues!!
Okay so another update....we have decided to stay and fight this afterall for us!! Wasn't too keen on the lawyer i spoke to for the info, I found him about hairy fairy if you know what i mean, so i would like someone who is straight to the point and tells you as it is....can anyone recommend someone with experience in Federal appeals?
thanks guys for all your support and i'll keep updating so you can follow our progress in case anyone else has to deal with this crap.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes with all this
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Thanks Debbiem
Do we have to leave the country to get our new work permits or can they be sent to us in Canada? I get what you're saying about being refused PR on burden grounds, but if we had a new employer that had a positive LMO and then we applied for a new work permit within Canada, and didn't leave the country do you or anyone else think that would work?
Very confusing all this and just wish someone who was an immigration officer would give us their opinion!
I just know that people have been made redundant and then got another job for another company so it can't be so much of a problem don't you think?
Getting another job because you have been made redundant/ new TWP is no bother if you can get new position. Getting authority to get into the country when you have been refused PR on burden grounds isn't something I was willing to risk lol. That's the only reason I would do it all from inside the country so you have a definitive response and new permit before you risk a border...

... but anyway, I'm sooooo glad you've decided to challenge the ruling. As I said before, I do understand that people can't face the fight, or are angry and want nothing further to with the place, but I do think as many people as possible need to appeal in an attempt to eradicate as much discrimination as possible. If your son is going to be able to live and work without recourse to social support, then the fact he has a 'label' of whatever description is not relevant.

We are very fortunate that in making our decision they looked past my daughter's diagnosis and made the decision based on her ability rather than disability. (We did rather information-bomb the DMP at medical , but I wanted them to know as much as possible about her, so that a fair decision could be made.)

Anyway, another internet sprite wishing you well x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.