Exploratory visits continued

Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exploratory visits continued

Season's greetings to everyone.
MY previous thread was closed and I can't add to it so I thought I would post an update on my situation.

I applied with my family through the Morden immigration program and after an exploratory visit in October 2019 this is my timeline:
ITA for EOI 28 November 2019EOI 05 December 2019LAA 06 December 2019 (Draw #78)Nomination Received in Express Entry 28 January 2020ITA February 2020
Medicals Passed February 2020
PPR and COPR October 2020
Medicals and COPRs expired February 2021 (due to COVID travel restrictions)
Medicals extended, PPRs and COPRs re-issued November 2021

We didn't want to risk the possibility of travel restrictions again so 3 days after receiving our COPRs we packed our suitcases and got on a plane arriving in Manitoba on the 3rd of December.

We have been put up in a nice transition apartment and I have got a car sorted and have been offered 2 jobs, I start at one of them in January. Everyone here has been really friendly and helpful.

We are super happy to be here I just wanted to share the news and also want to recommend the Morden immigration program to anyone looking to move to a more rural part of Canada.

Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exploratory visits continued

[QUOTE=Frazzle;13083966]Season's greetings to everyone.
MY previous thread was closed and I can't add to it so I thought I would post an update on my situation.

I applied with my family through the Morden immigration program and after an exploratory visit in October 2019 this is my timeline:
ITA for EOI 28 November 2019EOI 05 December 2019LAA 06 December 2019 (Draw #78)Nomination Received in Express Entry 28 January 2020ITA February 2020
Medicals Passed February 2020
PPR and COPR October 2020
Medicals and COPRs expired February 2021 (due to COVID travel restrictions)
Medicals extended, PPRs and COPRs re-issued November 2021

We didn't want to risk the possibility of travel restrictions again so 3 days after receiving our COPRs we packed our suitcases and got on a plane arriving in Manitoba on the 3rd of December.

We have been put up in a nice transition apartment and I have got a car sorted and have been offered 2 jobs, I start at one of them in January. Everyone here has been really friendly and helpful.

We are super happy to be here I just wanted to share the news and also want to recommend the Morden immigration program to anyone looking to move to a more rural part of Canada.

[/QUOTE
Jeeze that's super quick!
Bit confused, you say you are being put, who by and why?
Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exploratory visits continued

[/QUOTE
Jeeze that's super quick!
Bit confused, you say you are being put, who by and why?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, in the end it happened very fast.
We are being put up in transition housing by Morden Immigration, it's a rural community project to bring more workers to the area.
We don't have to stay in the transition housing but it's handy at first untill we find our own place.