Expiring PR Card

Old Feb 24th 2015, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expiring PR Card

Originally Posted by Bellanova
I call CIC this am. We applied for our renewals on September 28th and ours still aren't back.

They are quoting 127 days for processing, apparently my application is 127 days tomorrow, they are processed now and I should have them in 2 about 2 weeks!

Our son travelled from NS to visit us in Alberta at Christmas with an expired PR card, he just made sure he had a ton of other ID including his UK Passport, they didn't even look at it.

If any application has gone over 127 you can call CIC and they will look intoit for you, they were super helpful today
TBF that was a DOMESTIC flight and no borders were crossed so no PR card required.
CIC really ought to be taken to task for this and have it clarified for non visa passport holders who have PR status within Canada but have expired PR cards. Too many different parts of the Act and regulations conflicting and not making it crystal clear.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Holdenapple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I have a similar situation.

I have been a PR since 2009 (UK citizen) and my card expired in May 2015. I applied to renew it in November 2015 as I did not anticipate any travel back to the UK until late summer 2015. I meet the residency obligation. Unfortunately my dad got sick 2 weeks ago so had to return to the UK urgently.

I am travelling back to Toronto this Saturday on Air Canada, which I read on a sticky thread that if you have a British passport that will suffice for boarding.

I have my Ontario drivers licence, debit card, business card for my employment in Toronto, my expired pr card and a copy of my renewal application and proof of payment. Will that be enough when I reach CBSA to let me back in. I live in Toronto and my wife and new baby are Canadian.

I have also read that I may have to go to secondary immigration. Can anyone share an experience of that. A little worried.

Kind Regards
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Immigration secondary. Think of the walking dead or zombie style employees located in the underground hellhole. Their robotic existence of stamping passports and asking questions to those who are not Canadian citizens or PRs.
The high pitched screams and snapping of rubber gloves is enough to strike fear in the heart of any person who has the misfortune to visit that place.

Provided you get on the plane you will be fine apart from possibly a longer wait and a lecture about not having a valid PR card.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

I certianly am looking forward to that!!!!!

So will I actually have to go to secondary immigration or will the boarder agent be ok with my explanation and documents.

Kind Regards
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:31 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holdenapple
Thank you

I certianly am looking forward to that!!!!!

So will I actually have to go to secondary immigration or will the boarder agent be ok with my explanation and documents.

Kind Regards
You'll go to Secondary for them to double check and give you a lecture, unfortunately.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Luckily my new PR Card arrived two days before my flight back to Toronto, so my wife texted me a picture of it.

At the airport I was asked why I was going to Canada. I said I lived there and they just said have a good flight. Only wanted to see my British passport not my expired PR Card.

At Toronto immigration I just told the officer (who was a very nice young lady) that I was a PR, had an expired card, had applied for a new one, had to fly back to the UK for an emergency and had a picture of my new card. She looked at my old card and the pic of my new one and said "welcome home".

No secondary immigration or anything :-)
Old Mar 24th 2015, 3:44 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holdenapple
Luckily my new PR Card arrived two days before my flight back to Toronto, so my wife texted me a picture of it.

At the airport I was asked why I was going to Canada. I said I lived there and they just said have a good flight. Only wanted to see my British passport not my expired PR Card.

At Toronto immigration I just told the officer (who was a very nice young lady) that I was a PR, had an expired card, had applied for a new one, had to fly back to the UK for an emergency and had a picture of my new card. She looked at my old card and the pic of my new one and said "welcome home".

No secondary immigration or anything :-)
Nice. Maybe it's because i look like quasimodo. They like to give me the hump.