Experts - Which would be quicker?

Old Jul 12th 2002, 1:20 am
John H

Default Experts - Which would be quicker?

I'm getting married next month and then want to sponsor my future spouse, but it
takes 12 weeks (in Ontario) after the marriage before you can apply for the
marriage certificate. So my question to you is this - would it be best to put the
application (with everything except the marriage certificate) in straight after the
marriage to get it 'in the system' and state that the certificate will follow, or
is it quicker in the long run to wait until we have the certificate and apply with
a full package ??

Many thanks, John

Old Jul 12th 2002, 1:20 am
James Metcalfe

Default Re: Experts - Which would be quicker?

You can submit your sponsorhip with the Record of marriage which is signed by the
Marraige Celebrant and given to you after the ceremony. This is the bottom half of
the licencse whci is issued to you. You do not need to wait for the Certificate.

Jim Metcalfe

"John H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I'm getting married next month and then want to sponsor my future spouse, but it
    > takes 12 weeks (in Ontario) after the marriage before you can apply for the
    > marriage certificate. So my question to you is this - would it be best to put the
    > application (with everything except the marriage certificate) in straight after the
    > marriage to get it 'in the system' and state that the certificate will follow, or
    > is it quicker in the long run
to
    > wait until we have the certificate and apply with a full package ??
    >
    > Many thanks, John

Old Jul 12th 2002, 9:20 am
John H

James,

Thanks you very much for they reply - thats excellent news!!

Thanks John

"James Metcalfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You can submit your sponsorhip with the Record of marriage which is signed by the
    > Marraige Celebrant and given to you after the ceremony. This is the bottom half of
    > the licencse whci is issued to you. You do not need to wait for the Certificate.
    >
    > Jim Metcalfe
    >
    >
    >
    > "John H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm getting married next month and then want to sponsor my future
spouse,
    > > but it takes 12 weeks (in Ontario) after the marriage before you can
apply
    > > for the marriage certificate. So my question to you is this - would it
be
    > > best to put the application (with everything except the marriage certificate) in
    > > straight after the marriage to get it 'in the system'
and
    > > state that the certificate will follow, or is it quicker in the long run
    > to
    > > wait until we have the certificate and apply with a full package ??
    > >
    > > Many thanks, John
    > >
    >

Old Jul 13th 2002, 2:20 am
The Wizzard

what we did was wait for the real certificate, and it took ages even after the
initial 3 months wait for it to be in the system it wasnt and took another 3 months
later before it arrived. So my advice would be if you can avoid itm dont wait. I know
several people who have included the 'unofficial' one you get given at the wedding
with a polite letter explaining that the real one takes ages (as they well know) and
that you will forward it when it arrives and they have not had any problems and in a
couple of cases recieved interview waivers + medical forms etc before they could even
send it in. so really i think i should have done that, but we werent in a rush then
as i was still here in the UK at university and we didnt realise theyd take another 3
months afer the 3 month wait to send it.

"John H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I'm getting married next month and then want to sponsor my future spouse, but it
    > takes 12 weeks (in Ontario) after the marriage before you can apply for the
    > marriage certificate. So my question to you is this - would it be best to put the
    > application (with everything except the marriage certificate) in straight after the
    > marriage to get it 'in the system' and state that the certificate will follow, or
    > is it quicker in the long run
to
    > wait until we have the certificate and apply with a full package ??
    >
    > Many thanks, John