Experts Please Help - Confusion

Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

dshah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experts Please Help - Confusion

Dear Friends,

I have applied in May 2001 as a skilled worker from Delhi Consulate India, finally i received a interview Waiver along with medicals,proof of funds, PCC, landing fees and other Docs submission request.

In my case, my wife is a Green Card Holder of USA, she is currently staying in USA. She has already completed her Medicals in NY, and also applied for NY state Police (recieved) & FBI FP Clearance.

Till this stage everything is very fine. We have sent all the Docs to Canadian consulate in New delhi. Now I have a big confusion in further process... how will i manage to get my wife's passport stamped for visa as she is residing in USA currently? Will Consulate people allow to get her visa stamped from canadian consulate in USA (NY) or she will have to visit india and then we send both of our's passport together?? Is it Legal to send her passport to india through courier or post from USA ? I mean what will be the further step taken from the Immigration officer who is handling my case ?

Can some experts help come out of this delimma?

Solution to this confusion would be really appreciated from both of us. We are close to finish.

Waiting.

Regards,
D shah
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:45 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experts Please Help - Confusion

Originally Posted by dshah
Dear Friends,

I have applied in May 2001 as a skilled worker from Delhi Consulate India, finally i received a interview Waiver along with medicals,proof of funds, PCC, landing fees and other Docs submission request.

In my case, my wife is a Green Card Holder of USA, she is currently staying in USA. She has already completed her Medicals in NY, and also applied for NY state Police (recieved) & FBI FP Clearance.

Till this stage everything is very fine. We have sent all the Docs to Canadian consulate in New delhi. Now I have a big confusion in further process... how will i manage to get my wife's passport stamped for visa as she is residing in USA currently? Will Consulate people allow to get her visa stamped from canadian consulate in USA (NY) or she will have to visit india and then we send both of our's passport together?? Is it Legal to send her passport to india through courier or post from USA ? I mean what will be the further step taken from the Immigration officer who is handling my case ?

Can some experts help come out of this delimma?

Solution to this confusion would be really appreciated from both of us. We are close to finish.

Waiting.

Regards,
D shah

It is not legal to send the passport to India by mail or courier. Someone will have to bring it in and out. Visa issuance must be done at the CHC in New Delhi.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

dshah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experts Please Help - Confusion

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is not legal to send the passport to India by mail or courier. Someone will have to bring it in and out. Visa issuance must be done at the CHC in New Delhi.
Thanks a lot for you kind reply Jim.

My concern is that, if i call my wife to india and then we send the passports to delhi consulate.. There is no Fix time period that we will receive our passport's back with the visa stamp. It might also take 2 months or more then 6 months.

As u might be aware of USA immigration rules, Green card holder cannot stay out of USA for more then 6 months, if we dont recieve her passport back from Canadian Consulate delhi within 5 months, her USA green card is in trouble.. I am mainly worried about this kind of scenario.

Jim Can u please suggest me some idea to manage her stamping in a timely manner if i call her to india. so that she can go back to USA within 6 months period. and then come to Canada from there.

Regards,
D Shah.