Experts, please help!

Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

khvganesh is on a distinguished road
Default Mr.Miller, please help!

Hi Mr.Miller, and Mr. Jim and other experts,
I have been on this group reading all posts and could not find a post which is similar to my situation. I am always thankful to the great help you guys extend with good hearts.
I am a CSQ holder and presently PR application in process in Buffalo. Today, I have received my file number.
I am from India and my problem is with my long name.

My name in passport: HANUMA VENKATA GANESH KORAGINJALA
where, KORAGINJALA, is my last name, no problem. The problem is with my first name. I have always been going with GANESH as my first name and HANUMA VENKATA as my middle names. I had no problems with Canadian Visa (for student) or SIN card, or CSQ or anything for that matter. (CSQ in the name of Ganesh Koraginjala)
So accordingly, I put GANESH as my first name in the PR application and KORAGINJALA as my last name. But the visa officer took my name according to my passport and the name they took is HANUMA VENKATA KORAGINJALA. I checked in E-client, it is the same.
Do you see any upcoming problem here. Please advise me if there is anything that I can do.

Another thing is about my address change. I have instructed Canadapost to forward my post with the name GANESH KORAGINJALA. They did not forward my file number mail since it is addressed with the name HANUMA VENKATA KORAGINJALA. Should I go ahead and change my address with Buffalo or should I wait until I receive my medical papers. I have the facility of receiving my post at my old address until sept, 30th. How many days Buffalo may take to update the address. Or should I go to canadapost and ask to forward the mail for the other name also by paying the money again?

Thank you for your wonderful help,

Last edited by khvganesh; Sep 8th 2003 at 8:22 am.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Mr.Miller, please help!

Please experts, throw some light on this issue.
Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by khvganesh
I have been on this group reading all posts and could not find a post which is similar to my situation. I am always thankful to the great help you guys extend with good hearts.
I am a CSQ holder and presently PR application in process in Buffalo. Today, I have received my file number.

where, KORAGINJALA, is my last name, no problem. The problem is with my first name. I have always been going with GANESH as my first name and HANUMA VENKATA as my middle names. I had no problems with Canadian Visa (for student) or SIN card, or CSQ or anything for that matter. (CSQ in the name of Ganesh Koraginjala)
So accordingly, I put GANESH as my first name in the PR application and KORAGINJALA as my last name. But the visa officer took my name according to my passport and the name they took is HANUMA VENKATA KORAGINJALA. I checked in E-client, it is the same.
Do you see any upcoming problem here. Please advise me if there is anything that I can do.

Another thing is about my address change. I have instructed Canadapost to forward my post with the name GANESH KORAGINJALA. They did not forward my file number mail since it is addressed with the name HANUMA VENKATA KORAGINJALA. Should I go ahead and change my address with Buffalo or should I wait until I receive my medical papers. I have the facility of receiving my post at my old address until sept, 30th. How many days Buffalo may take to update the address. Or should I go to canadapost and ask to forward the mail for the other name also by paying the money again?

Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Mr.Miller, please help!

Humble bump!!!

[i]Originally posted by khvganesh [/i