Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Experts/Mr Miller,please advise CSQ interview

Experts/Mr Miller,please advise CSQ interview

Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

saki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experts/Mr Miller,please advise CSQ interview

Hello,

I applied for federal canada (destination Ontario) in 2001. Then the changes to the system happened as you know and everything was in a limbo for a good while. As I have intermediate spoken and written skills in french, I applied for a CSQ October,2002.

Meanwhile the final points scale ( for federal Canada) was decided and I took the TEF. As things turned out , I did well enough in TEF( for French skills - I scored 7 or 8 -- 2 points for each skill at level 4) and sent in my test reports to CHC New Delhi( where I had applied). I think I must have scored 75 and I needed ony 70.

Anyway, a positive selection decision was taken in February 2003, and I was asked to send in my passport and do the medicals etc. ( My passport is still with them )

I got a mail yesterday from Immigration Quebec, Damascus, telling me that I have been put on a waiting list for an interview and that I would have to attend an interview in New Delhi the next time the immigration officer visits New Delhi (lors d'une prochaine mission a New Delhi were the exact wording), whenever that might be.

I know that even if I do get a CSQ, I have to attach it with a fresh application and apply all over again. But at the time the changes to the federal canada system were being decided (with the required points being 80) , I thought I might not have sufficient points and thought of Quebec, since I had intermediate French skills and an engineering degree and experience, which apparently is in demand in Quebec . So I thought there might be a good chance .

Now that things have sort of worked out, at least till this stage ( I am talking about my federal canada application), what do I do?

Assuming the interview date(for the CSQ) is fixed before my federal canada application is finally decided, do I go ahead and attend it? Or just tell them I am no longer interested?

Would my existing PR application be affected in any way?

On the other hand, I spent C$300 and until I know something for sure, I could go through with it till the end. And just wait for Fed Canada to come through. (I did my medicals in March and sent in my passport first week of april, so its about 4 months now).

I know , the whole thing is a bit convoluted , but there it is.

Any advice will be appreciated.