Experts!! MP inquiry process

Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

macoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experts!! MP inquiry process

Hello Experts,

Maybe only you guys know more details about this.

People have been trying to contacted their local MP to file an inquiry. A lot of the times, especially when the application in its nature is very close to the completion, such inquiry will result in a step further in the processing. Particularly for those whose application might have been left idle for a while, it seems the inquiry submitted via MP office could push the visa officer to look at it again. My close friend asked the MP for help, got passport request shortly afterwards. The date on the PPR letter was about two weeks ahead of the time she made an inquiry, after which the PPR letter was promptly sent to her.

So, one thing is certain that such inquiry could arose further attention on a particurlar case. One friend, who is working in the MP office, told me that visa officers often even called him to report application progress.

However, sometimes, it takes CIC forever to respond to even an inquiry submitted via MP office.

So, my questions are

1) What is the process of such inquiries? Does MP office send the inquiry directly to the case processing center?

2) Is there a specified officer in the CPC (e.g., buffalo) that looks after the inquiry from MPs?

3) What else do our experts know about such process?

Thanks in advance for any of the inputs from the experts.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:25 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experts!! MP inquiry process

Leave it alone, do not interfere with the process in any way at this stage. You may delay it instead of speeding up anything - and your timeline is more than OK for now.

Originally Posted by macoy
Hello Experts,

People have been trying to contacted their local MP to file an inquiry. A lot of the times, especially when the application in its nature is very close to the completion, such inquiry will result in a step further in the processing. Particularly for those whose application might have been left idle for a while, it seems the inquiry submitted via MP office could push the visa officer to look at it again. My close friend asked the MP for help, got passport request shortly afterwards. The date on the PPR letter was about two weeks ahead of the time she made an inquiry, after which the PPR letter was promptly sent to her.

So, one thing is certain that such inquiry could arose further attention on a particurlar case. One friend, who is working in the MP office, told me that visa officers often even called him to report application progress.

However, sometimes, it takes CIC forever to respond to even an inquiry submitted via MP office.

So, my questions are

1) What is the process of such inquiries? Does MP office send the inquiry directly to the case processing center?

2) Is there a specified officer in the CPC (e.g., buffalo) that looks after the inquiry from MPs?

Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Leave it alone, do not interfere with the process in any way at this stage. You may delay it instead of speeding up anything - and your timeline is more than OK for now.
thanks for your suggestion. I will not interfere at this point.

However, I am still curious about how things work out between CIC and MPs.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

testinz is an unknown quantity at this point

I know many cases that this work but I wouldn't do it unless my case is really delayed for a long time

thanks for your suggestion. I will not interfere at this point.

However, I am still curious about how things work out between CIC and MPs.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:56 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by testinz
I know many cases that this work but I wouldn't do it unless my case is really delayed for a long time
looking at my timeline on my signature, do u think my sponsor wife should contact her MP?? i mean would it delay the case??
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:00 am

You are barely 4 months into the process, with delayed receipt of CSQ - leave it alone too.

Originally Posted by amancharan
looking at my timeline on my signature, do u think my sponsor wife should contact her MP?? i mean would it delay the case??
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

I don't understand why you even have to post this question. I meant people have waited 2 years without complaining and you with just 14 days from the previous respond :S

Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by testinz
I don't understand why you even have to post this question. I meant people have waited 2 years without complaining and you with just 14 days from the previous respond :S
sir, this is not a compliant but just a curiosity to understand the process
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

If you are desperate enough, although andrew had said your timeline is okay, why not? But warn you, you might deep your waiting hole deeper because of overly desperate. Who knows that your visa officer get upset because you try to jump the queue, and the officer decided to put your file on the bottom of the other files ?

Hello Experts,

So, my questions are

Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didik
If you are desperate enough, although andrew had said your timeline is okay, why not? But warn you, you might deep your waiting hole deeper because of overly desperate. Who knows that your visa officer get upset because you try to jump the queue, and the officer decided to put your file on the bottom of the other files ?
please, everyone, I never said anywhere that I would submit any inquiry to push them. Do not take me wrong, all I am curious about is the process.

Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:23 pm

There is no such process formally in place. MP's have the right to ask about well being (or immigration process) of their constituents. Asking about processing progress of applications of non-Canadians (except sponsored family members of their constituents) may be seen rather strange as foreigners are not constituents of MP's. CIC may or may not reply. That is all.

please, everyone, I never said anywhere that I would submit any inquiry to push them. Do not take me wrong, all I am curious about is the process.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

A, don't you think you need to give your visa officer a break???! If he/she overworked with many inquiries like this, he/she will take revenge, such as a typo in your visa number... well just to make yourlife a bit miserable. You and all other nervous people should cool down. If you cool down... the forum will cool down too. Don't overheat this forum please....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:43 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didik
A, don't you think you need to give your visa officer a break???! If he/she overworked with many inquiries like this, he/she will take revenge, such as a typo in your visa number... well just to make yourlife a bit miserable. You and all other nervous people should cool down. If you cool down... the forum will cool down too. Don't overheat this forum please....

I am not hot, mate!! I simply asked a question as to if its feasible?? U seem to be getting warm though.... cool off mate; have a
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Experts,

So, my questions are

Ok, this is what I did when I was desperate because my one-year working permit had expired, I had a temporary visitor visa document and there was not sign of me receiving the PR any time soon. First I requested my Caips notes, then a couple of days later I contacted my MP and I explain to this person my situation.

This person at the MP office told me that unfortunately there was no way he could push my case to be processed faster; however, this person offered to make a request to determine the status of my application. This person was willing to introduce that request only 6 months after I did the medical exams. This person told me that the request would be sent to Ottawa, my conclusion was that this person would be requesting my Caips notes…she did not tell me that that would be the case, but for our conversation I recognize that that was the document she would received…she told me that it would take one month to receive the answer (one month is what the caips takes).

I got the caips notes that I originally requested, and there was a contact name in the letter, I contacted person and she very nicely checked the information on-line…this person told me that for what she could read in the computer the PR had been sent. This information was not printed in the caips that I had because it was an older version.

A couple of days later I got the PR and I immediately completed the landing…maybe three days later the MP got the information requested from Ottawa and told me that I should be receiving the PR in the next couple of days because the document that she had received indicated that the PR letter had been sent. At that moment I told her that I had completed the landing and she congratulated me.

My conclusion was that the MP tried to be very helpful (and I am being very thankful to her, actually they will have my liberal vote at some point) but unfortunately there was not too much they could do that I could not do myself with the Caips notes…so contacting the MP might help you to feel that someone cares about you, but besides that the waiting time is still the same…
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:21 am
Just Joined

My answer was directed at amarcharan : ) Everyone should go get a and cool off now

sir, this is not a compliant but just a curiosity to understand the process