Experts help Re: Rehabilitation

Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:10 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experts help Re: Rehabilitation

Please help, I sent off the form IM1444 (information with regards as to wether i need rehab)
I got back the following reply (word for word)

"this is with regards to your application for criminal rehabilitation, received on 30 march 2005.
As you have stated in your application package that you intend to live with your wife and children in Canada, you should be applying for permanant residene, with family class immigration.
enclosed is your original rehabilitation application, that will be considered along with your application for residency.
yours sincerely
CHC"

The reason i sent in the form was to find out if it was worth applying in the 1st place.

what does this reply mean? will they not consider rehab until i have applied for PR?

Any comments that can make sense of this will be gratefully received, especially from Andrew, Jim, etc

Thanks in anticipation
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experts help Re: Rehabilitation

This is exactly what it means. CR cannot be applied for alone - it must be a part of PR application process. You won't get answer you were hoping for without going through the whole PR application process.

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Please help, I sent off the form IM1444 (information with regards as to wether i need rehab)
I got back the following reply (word for word)

"this is with regards to your application for criminal rehabilitation, received on 30 march 2005.
As you have stated in your application package that you intend to live with your wife and children in Canada, you should be applying for permanant residene, with family class immigration.
enclosed is your original rehabilitation application, that will be considered along with your application for residency.
yours sincerely
CHC"

The reason i sent in the form was to find out if it was worth applying in the 1st place.

what does this reply mean? will they not consider rehab until i have applied for PR?

Any comments that can make sense of this will be gratefully received, especially from Andrew, Jim, etc

Thanks in anticipation
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:19 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
This is exactly what it means. CR cannot be applied for alone - it must be a part of PR application process. You won't get answer you were hoping for without going through the whole PR application process.
Thanks Andrew, i was afraid that was the case. even more sickening is that i sent in my application today without the IM1444. maybe they will just say "welcome in" without the need for rehab

I know, I know
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:39 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry - after sponsorship application is approved your PR application will be forwarded to CHC for processing. Once you know that your case reached CHC submit your CR application immediately there and ask to have it addedd to your PR case.

Thanks Andrew, i was afraid that was the case. even more sickening is that i sent in my application today without the IM1444. maybe they will just say "welcome in" without the need for rehab

I know, I know
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:16 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Don't worry - after sponsorship application is approved your PR application will be forwarded to CHC for processing. Once you know that your case reached CHC submit your CR application immediately there and ask to have it addedd to your PR case.
Much appreciated Andrew, i can't thank you enough.
Have you ever thought of opening a paypal account (or similar) so that grateful people that you help can make donations? you could give the proceeds to charity.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:32 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Much appreciated Andrew, i can't thank you enough.
Have you ever thought of opening a paypal account (or similar) so that grateful people that you help can make donations? you could give the proceeds to charity.
LMAO!!! A similar thought has also crossed my mind too - never mind about the Karma.