Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Experts: Currently Canadian PR, Applying for US Visa

Experts: Currently Canadian PR, Applying for US Visa

Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:43 am
Just Joined

LockTYpe24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experts: Currently Canadian PR, Applying for US Visa

Hi All,

Just got my Canadian PR about a month ago. I am planning to go to the US for holiday therefore need to apply for a US Visa.

What are the chances of me getting one?

I remember reading one of the post stating that the US Immigration usually do not grant visa to Canadian PRs holders that is less than 6 months? Is it true?

Thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experts: Currently Canadian PR, Applying for US Visa

Hi Locktype

Originally posted by LockTYpe24
Hi All,

Just got my Canadian PR about a month ago. I am planning to go to the US for holiday therefore need to apply for a US Visa.

What are the chances of me getting one?

I remember reading one of the post stating that the US Immigration usually do not grant visa to Canadian PRs holders that is less than 6 months? Is it true?

Thanks.
Slim to none, the US has a tendency to refuse new immigrants apply for US visitor visa. But you won't know until try.

PMM
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:52 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to Phil's comment.

You also will need to prove that you are well established in Canada - permanent job, payroll record, etc.... - even after being here for 6 months since landing.

If you just landed few weeks ago then as Phil said - your chances are next to none.

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Locktype

Slim to none, the US has a tendency to refuse new immigrants apply for US visitor visa. But you won't know until try.

PMM
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are a student probably they will give you a visa.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Just to add to Phil's comment.

You also will need to prove that you are well established in Canada - permanent job, payroll record, etc.... - even after being here for 6 months since landing.

If you just landed few weeks ago then as Phil said - your chances are next to none.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

CanadaGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by vajra
If you are a student probably they will give you a visa.
each case is different, u should try ur luck.. I got a 5 years multiple US visa even before I became landed immigrant.. I had Temporary Resident Permit at that time and I had been here for just 2 months, had no job and no property to show.. but I stil lgot it..