Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Expert guidance required: Out of Canada tenure during family sponsorship immigration

Wikiposts

Expert guidance required: Out of Canada tenure during family sponsorship immigration

Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Enquirer_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expert guidance required: Out of Canada tenure during family sponsorship immigration

Hello,

I am Canadian PR living in Montreal and expecting Canadian Citizenship Oath call any day( Citizenship written test cleared). I applied for my parents sponsorship along with a dependant brother back in 2007. After approx 3.5 years the sponsorship was approved and i later successfully recieved CSQ for everyone. Now the immigration application is submitted as a last step to UAE embassy a month back. As of today the end to end time for such applications via that embassy is 40 months. Initially it was 34 months and now its further delayed to 40. Realistically speaking I assume that this 40 will convert to 60 -70 months by the time our turn arrives. This is a very long time. My mother is old and lives alone with the younger brother. I want to either bring them here quickly or go work closer to them so me and my family can take care of them. I know there is a condition that the sponsor must be physically present in Canada to sponsor. However i have gone through all the intial steps as explained above while residing in Canada. I am looking for guidance on if there is any possible way that i could go work outside canada closer to them without affecting their sponsorship immigration application. At the end of the day i would like to come back and bring them along. However i don't want to leave them alone for another 5 yrs or so waiting for the application to be processed. I was wondering that the embassy will not even look at the application unless the due time comes. If i could go work outside Canada and come back when the time to process the application is near, this way i would be able to take care of my parents plus not affect their application.

In light of my above situation, would you be able to provide me your expert consultation on the matter and guide me with the best possible options (could be different) to get around the problem.

I am also thinking of perhaps getting expert opinion from lawyers/consultants like Andrew Millers, Colin Singer, Lowe and Company, Cohen Campell... Any advice on who could provide the best consultation

Regards,

Enquirer
Old Aug 28th 2011, 5:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expert guidance required: Out of Canada tenure during family sponsorship immigrat

Hi

Originally Posted by Enquirer_18
Hello,

I am Canadian PR living in Montreal and expecting Canadian Citizenship Oath call any day( Citizenship written test cleared). I applied for my parents sponsorship along with a dependant brother back in 2007. After approx 3.5 years the sponsorship was approved and i later successfully recieved CSQ for everyone. Now the immigration application is submitted as a last step to UAE embassy a month back. As of today the end to end time for such applications via that embassy is 40 months. Initially it was 34 months and now its further delayed to 40. Realistically speaking I assume that this 40 will convert to 60 -70 months by the time our turn arrives. This is a very long time. My mother is old and lives alone with the younger brother. I want to either bring them here quickly or go work closer to them so me and my family can take care of them. I know there is a condition that the sponsor must be physically present in Canada to sponsor. However i have gone through all the intial steps as explained above while residing in Canada. I am looking for guidance on if there is any possible way that i could go work outside canada closer to them without affecting their sponsorship immigration application. At the end of the day i would like to come back and bring them along. However i don't want to leave them alone for another 5 yrs or so waiting for the application to be processed. I was wondering that the embassy will not even look at the application unless the due time comes. If i could go work outside Canada and come back when the time to process the application is near, this way i would be able to take care of my parents plus not affect their application.

In light of my above situation, would you be able to provide me your expert consultation on the matter and guide me with the best possible options (could be different) to get around the problem.

I am also thinking of perhaps getting expert opinion from lawyers/consultants like Andrew Millers, Colin Singer, Lowe and Company, Cohen Campell... Any advice on who could provide the best consultation

Regards,

Enquirer
1. One option, you have to remain in Canada from the date the sponsorship was submitted until the date the visa is issued.

Sponsor

130. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(a) is at least 18 years of age;

(b) resides in Canada; and

(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.

CIC determines that you are residing outside Canada, the application will be refused. It is possible that your mother could apply for a multiple entry visitor visa, but it is unlikely that your brother would receive one.