Expert Advice Needed - Pls Help

Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:40 am
uaw
Just Joined

uaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Expert Advice Needed - Pls Help

Greetings All,

I recently rec'd my stamped PP and would like to first of all thanks to all the members, administrators, moderators for bringing out such a forum which is of immense help to individuals like me. Thanks to Jim/Andrew/PMM for being so patiently advising everyone.

I had couple of q's which would help me plan my trip appropriately. I am planning to land sometime next month alongwith my family :

1) Since i am presently working in Detroit i would like to know if there is any preferred Port of Entry which could be recommended. I am flexible to travel by road all the way to NY if its worth it. There are multiple reasons for this :

a) Primarily my L1 has expired eventhough my petition/I-94 is valid till next year.
b) i have a month old infant and would like to ease the landing timelines

2) Is there a written statement / information from USCIS related to re-entry to US without a valid visa but with valid I-94/petition - just for proof at the border if asked for re-entry. (my stay would be less than 30 days in Canada)

3) Inspite of the fact that my Preferred Port of Entry is Calgary, i would not landing there since i need to get my US Visa stamped (which i would do later from county of origin - India) as i understand from this forum that you would not be allowed to board commerical transport unless you have a visa. Would this a problem if i choose to land in Ontario as opposed to Alberta?

Thanks,
uaw
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:18 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expert Advice Needed - Pls Help

Hold your horses!!

You stated that you recently received stamped PP and also that you have a month old baby - it may indicate that baby wasn't added to application and if not then your visas are now invalid. Please clarify.

Originally Posted by uaw
Greetings All,

I recently rec'd my stamped PP and would like to first of all thanks to all the members, administrators, moderators for bringing out such a forum which is of immense help to individuals like me. Thanks to Jim/Andrew/PMM for being so patiently advising everyone.

I had couple of q's which would help me plan my trip appropriately. I am planning to land sometime next month alongwith my family :

1) Since i am presently working in Detroit i would like to know if there is any preferred Port of Entry which could be recommended. I am flexible to travel by road all the way to NY if its worth it. There are multiple reasons for this :

a) Primarily my L1 has expired eventhough my petition/I-94 is valid till next year.
b) i have a month old infant and would like to ease the landing timelines

2) Is there a written statement / information from USCIS related to re-entry to US without a valid visa but with valid I-94/petition - just for proof at the border if asked for re-entry. (my stay would be less than 30 days in Canada)

3) Inspite of the fact that my Preferred Port of Entry is Calgary, i would not landing there since i need to get my US Visa stamped (which i would do later from county of origin - India) as i understand from this forum that you would not be allowed to board commerical transport unless you have a visa. Would this a problem if i choose to land in Ontario as opposed to Alberta?

Thanks,
uaw
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:29 am
uaw
Just Joined

Phew you scared me but somehow 3 got missed .....3 mths old and do have stamped IM-1..pls advise

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Hold your horses!!

You stated that you recently received stamped PP and also that you have a month old baby - it may indicate that baby wasn't added to application and if not then your visas are now invalid. Please clarify.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:44 am

So you say that baby has been added to application, medicals for baby were done and baby has also PR visa in his or her passport?

If yes then you are fine.

You should have no problem returning to US with valid I94 and approved petition.

Land at the closest to your place port of entry.

Originally Posted by uaw
Phew you scared me but somehow 3 got missed .....3 mths old and do have stamped IM-1..pls advise
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:54 am
uaw
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew !

But is this documented anywhere i could carry as an evidence - just to make sure in case the USCIS staff at the border is reluctant or unaware for whatever reasons....would be really helpful

Regards............

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
So you say that baby has been added to application, medicals for baby were done and baby has also PR visa in his or her passport?

If yes then you are fine.

You should have no problem returning to US with valid I94 and approved petition.

Land at the closest to your place port of entry.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:00 am

Double check in US immigration forum pls.

Originally Posted by uaw
Thanks Andrew !

But is this documented anywhere i could carry as an evidence - just to make sure in case the USCIS staff at the border is reluctant or unaware for whatever reasons....would be really helpful

Regards............