Experiences with Global Migrate?

Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Emmasuede is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experiences with Global Migrate?

Hi All,

My partner and I used to live in Canada but due to LMO's not coming through on time had to leave. We both have very busy full time jobs in the UK and time has lapsed in securing our return. To assist with this we have been looking at migration companies who can do the leg work for us, with ever changing migration law and change in skills shortages we are struggling to keep up with it. We have tried for the last 14 months appealing for jobs ourselves to some success, until the point of the companies supporting the LMO process.

So we have been looking around and have spoken to a few companies. The latest is Global Migrate. There seems to be mixed reviews on the internet and it also seems a lot of the reviews are formatted and written the same way (makes me think it is the company writing them).

Does anyone have any experience with this company or another that they would recommend?

My husband is a Carpenter (currently building boat moulds) and I am a Health and Safety Technical Manager.

Appreciate your help/thoughts

Emma
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiences with Global Migrate?

Originally Posted by Emmasuede
Hi All,

My partner and I used to live in Canada but due to LMO's not coming through on time had to leave. We both have very busy full time jobs in the UK and time has lapsed in securing our return. To assist with this we have been looking at migration companies who can do the leg work for us, with ever changing migration law and change in skills shortages we are struggling to keep up with it. We have tried for the last 14 months appealing for jobs ourselves to some success, until the point of the companies supporting the LMO process.

So we have been looking around and have spoken to a few companies. The latest is Global Migrate. There seems to be mixed reviews on the internet and it also seems a lot of the reviews are formatted and written the same way (makes me think it is the company writing them).

Does anyone have any experience with this company or another that they would recommend?

My husband is a Carpenter (currently building boat moulds) and I am a Health and Safety Technical Manager.

Appreciate your help/thoughts

Emma
I would suggest looking for a different Immigration Consultant or else making the application yourself with the help of the lovely people on BE.

Your husband would likely qualify to apply for PR under the Federal Skilled Worker (Trades) stream. No job offer is necessary.
Skilled trades

Have you also looked into the Provincial Nominee stream?
http://www.albertacanada.com/opportu...nt-stream.aspx
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Canadian Experience Class (if either of you worked in a skilled job for 12 months in Canada during the past 3 years)?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Canada is changing over to the Express Entry System in January 2015, making it harder to apply for and gain PR (in other words, be quick!)

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 28th 2014 at 6:23 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Emmasuede is an unknown quantity at this point

Your husband would likely qualify to apply for PR under the Federal Skilled Worker (Trades) stream. No job offer is necessary.
Skilled trades

[/QUOTE]

That's interesting everything thing we have looked at and everyone we have spoken to have said that in order to apply for PR we have to have a job offer now!

I will look into that today.

We lived in Canada for 14 months but he didn't hold a skilled job for the time we were there.

thanks for the ideas though, have taken a day off to explore today so hopefully the right route will appear through the fog of confusion!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmasuede
That's interesting everything thing we have looked at and everyone we have spoken to have said that in order to apply for PR we have to have a job offer now!

I will look into that today.

We lived in Canada for 14 months but he didn't hold a skilled job for the time we were there.

thanks for the ideas though, have taken a day off to explore today so hopefully the right route will appear through the fog of confusion!

You are very welcome. Your husband wouldn't need a job offer provided he became certified. Have a look at the carpenter certification challenge (based on past experience) for each Province that you are interested in moving to - some are easier than others.

Carpenter | Industry Training Authority
Tradesecrets - Qualification Certificates

I have been told by a friend of my son that there are jobs for carpenters in northern Alberta, by the way. It may not be ideal but would at least get you here!

Carpenters (NOC 7271-B) - Calgary Region, Alberta - jobs (provincial) - Job Bank

Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:06 am
Just Joined

remysingh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am also attempting to gain a temp work visa with this company and have paid the fees necessary, Im not sure on what to do to gain access in Canada as I do not have a skilled trade, how long can I enter into Canada without a visa and would they ask to see a return ticket?