Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Experience of arriving on temp clergy visa

Wikiposts

Experience of arriving on temp clergy visa

Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Experience of arriving on temp clergy visa

Well, here is our story, and I hope it is of help to someone sometime in the future.

Today our family arrived in Canada. We set off this morning armed with passports, letter of job offer in a church in Edmonton, and an HRSDC validation letter.

Amazingly when we arrived everything went really quickly. The whole process took around 45 minutes, but would have been shorted had the computer system not been on the blink! Anyway I was issued a 2 year Work Permit which lists all members of the family apart from our 6yr old son who got his own Study permit (the girls are still too young for school).

And here we are. Tonight we stay in the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites which really is about 1km from the airport! It has free wireless internet access and the rooms are good...better than a Travel Inn back in Blighty. The room itself is bigger, and the TV is massive in comparison to the 15" travel inn ones. Of course, being able to take the kids outside to play in the snow before they go to bed is always a bonus

So heres to a taste of life in Canada. The application for PR is in, but at least we get to wait for the results in what could well be the best country in the World!

Cheers
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:15 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experience of arriving on temp clergy visa

Happy landings and good luck for your new Canadian life.

ps you can change your 'location' to,,,,,,,,,,Canada !!!

Rich
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Happy landings and good luck for your new Canadian life.

ps you can change your 'location' to,,,,,,,,,,Canada !!!

Rich
Ah yes, its all part of the plan. I was going to do it tomorrow once we actually arrive in Edmonton.

I also meant to add to my previous post that surprisingly no-one asked to see the Goods to Follow list. I was asked if I had one, but then I wasn't asked to present it. Don't know if this was an oversight??

And no-one asked to see any proof of funds. I had brought a couple of bank statements, but none requested. The letter offering me the job had the yearly salary written on it....that must have been enough for them
Rob
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

QUOTE=rabrol]Ah yes, its all part of the plan. I was going to do it tomorrow once we actually arrive in Edmonton.

I also meant to add to my previous post that surprisingly no-one asked to see the Goods to Follow list. I was asked if I had one, but then I wasn't asked to present it. Don't know if this was an oversight??

And no-one asked to see any proof of funds. I had brought a couple of bank statements, but none requested. The letter offering me the job had the yearly salary written on it....that must have been enough for them
Rob[/QUOTE]

1. Goods to follow are not required since you weren't "landing" your goods when they arrived will be allowed in tax and duty free with the condition that they be neither sold or disposed of in Canada and removed at the end of your authorized work permit.
2. Only Immigrants require proof of funds when landing. Visitors, which you are only have to demonstrate that they are able to support themselves in Canada.

PMM
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabrol

Today our family arrived in Canada. Cheers
conrgratulations, what a whirlwind move you have had. Iwish you all the best. keep us informed of progress
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased everything went well for you Hope your arrival in Edmonton goes as smoothly.

Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:04 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

There already, Good Luck and have a great Christmas
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it went smoothly - good luck.

SAW04