Expedited Processing

Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

adeelabbas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expedited Processing

1. Can anyone have some information about expedited processing.

2. Will CIC focus to clear the pending cases or do they focus on simplified application process cases.

3. What is the timeline for CHC Islamabad. Is it reduced or they still taking three plus years for case finalization
Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expedited Processing

Originally Posted by adeelabbas
1. Can anyone have some information about expedited processing.
What you mean by "expedited processing"? Skilled workers PR applications with proper arranged employment and PNP cases are processed in Islamabad in about 1 to 2 years, compared to federal skilled workers without AE taking about 5 years or longer - this is the only thing that may be considered as "expedited processing".

2. Will CIC focus to clear the pending cases or do they focus on simplified application process cases.
Nobody will touch simplified applications until currently pending cases (submitted prior to simplified process) are completed.

Nothing to "focus on simplified applications" until their time for assessment comes and applicants are asked for full application package with all supporting documents about 4 to 7+ years from initial submission to CHC Islamabad.

Simplified application process will not reduce processing times. It has been introduced only to eliminate need to send supporting evidence twice -once with application and second time years later to update all just before assessment stage.

Unfortunately too many falsely believe that simlified application process will make things easier, simpler and/or faster. It will not change anything in those 3 areas at all.

Read more about what simplified application is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...aq-simple.html

3. What is the timeline for CHC Islamabad. Is it reduced or they still taking three plus years for case finalization
Latest official report states 56 to 60 months for cases completed in past 12 months in Islamabad. Timelines are getting longer each month and it will be many, many years before we see reduction in processing times. To see the trend check every 3 months here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 17th 2006 at 5:09 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

adeelabbas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What you mean by "expedited processing"? Skilled workers PR applications with proper arranged employment and PNP cases are processed in Islamabad in about 1 to 2 years, compared to federal skilled workers without AE taking about 5 years or longer - this is the only thing that may be considered as "expedited processing".

Nobody will touch simplified applications until currently pending cases (submitted prior to simplified process) are completed.

Nothing to "focus on simplified applications" until their time for assessment comes and applicants are asked for full application package with all supporting documents about 4 to 7+ years from initial submission to CHC Islamabad.

Simplified application process will not reduce processing times. It has been introduced only to eliminate need to send supporting evidence twice -once with application and second time years later to update all just before assessment stage.

Unfortunately too many falsely believe that simlified application process will make things easier, simpler and/or faster. It will not change anything in those 3 areas at all.

Read more about what simplified application is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...aq-simple.html

Latest official report states 56 to 60 months for cases completed in past 12 months in Islamabad. Timelines are getting longer each month and it will be many, many years before we see reduction in processing times. To see the trend check every 3 months here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

I would like to thank you for your prompt reply.

1.If initial application is supported with all necessary documents (like IELTS, Police Certificate, original employers reference and educational documents, english translation of documents, and proof of funds), so will it reduce proceessing time or place the application in a seperate queue.

2. I submitted my application on 29th August 2006 at CHC Islamabad with all necessary documents. What will be tentative time for application processing.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

1.If initial application is supported with all necessary documents (like IELTS, Police Certificate, original employers reference and educational documents, english translation of documents, and proof of funds), so will it reduce proceessing time or place the application in a seperate queue.
There is no separate queue as all applications must be complete, period. If your application meets the definition of such and you receive file number then you will still wait at least 4 to 7+ years for request for missing evidence (if any) and for initial assessment with decision about interview and request for updated evidence.

2. I submitted my application on 29th August 2006 at CHC Islamabad with all necessary documents. What will be tentative time for application processing.
See above.

You should receive file number within few months from application, providing that it was received by CHC before September 1, 2006. If you don't have arranged employment then don't expect anything else from CHC before end of 2010.

If you mailed application on August 29 and it didn't reach CHC before Sep 1st then you should receive your application back soon.

-

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 17th 2006 at 7:41 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

amirshahram will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Expedited Processing

processing times are really long for now.i am living in your vicinity,Iran and one of my friends that had good chance was waived 5 months ago.he was nov2001 applicant and still waiting for his medical.

i have applied in dec2002 and still no sign of anything
both of us have sent our IELTS and TEF ontime with good and enough(in my case more point than needed) but without any arranged employment in canada.
if i was you,i would try quebec. at least a little sooner!
my advise to you:try to apply for australia in parallel if you can.until the time to receive any news from canada,you have received your citizenship for australia(i`m not sure).