expedited lmos - experiences

Old Jan 28th 2014, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default expedited lmos - experiences

Without going into the reasons i need to know this, as it's just too depressing to write it out (!), does anyone have any experience of time frames for expedited LMOs, particularly in BC? Does it mean, say, 10 weeks rather than 14/16 on average; or does it mean a few days? I appreciate that HRSDC have to accept the case for expedited LMO, but if they do, does anyone have any experience of this? HRSDC have told the employer they can make a case, the research is all done, but will not give any idea of timeframes whatsoever. Any experience anyone can share, much appreciated.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: expedited lmos - experiences

Assuming you mean an Accelerated LMO (E-LMOs were scrapped in about 2010), they don't exist any more I'm afraid. It used to be that they took 10 working days, but they were scrapped last year so I'm not sure why HRSDC have told you that?!

Here's the press release from when the program was cancelled - http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=736729

There is talk of bringing it back, but it's not happened yet to my knowledge.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 28th 2014 at 6:52 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: expedited lmos - experiences

Just to update, my husband's employer was advised to make a case for fast-tracking LMO application (following decline of previous application due to corporate address (PO box) not being on job advert) - since patients were being turned away due to no capacity, and therefore need for worker asap. The case WAS accepted, and it took about 2 days to turn round and issue positive lmo. (Just in case anyone else is ever in this situation, thought it would be useful to record it here).