Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Expecting a reply to my email enquire...should I wait?

Wikiposts

Expecting a reply to my email enquire...should I wait?

Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough
Default Expecting a reply to my email enquire...should I wait?

Hi,

I sent a specific mail enquire to the CHC in London regarding the status of my application and I haven't received any answer...

From your experience, how likely is that I will get an answer and usually how long it takes for them to reply?

I am a Quebec selected applicant, being in process for 5 months and 3 weeks and done my medicals at the end of march, and I haven't received any news from them.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Expecting a reply to my email enquire...should I wait?

Summer is not a good time to expect anything fast by PR applicants - staff vacations, staff rotation, priority given to study permit that must be processed before school year starts, etc. are putting PR applications somehow on back burner. You were waiting 6 weeks from request letter to do your medicals and someone may think you are not in any hurry. Also remember that you received medical forms within 2 weeks from submission of PR package - they need time to do the background and security check too.

If the case is still within processing standards (and seems it is) then you may not get any reply, although from you can read in this forum CHC London usually replies within few weeks anyway.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crazy72
Summer is not a good time to expect anything fast by PR applicants - staff vacations, staff rotation, priority given to study permit that must be processed before school year starts, etc. are putting PR applications somehow on back burner. You were waiting 6 weeks from request letter to do your medicals and someone may think you are not in any hurry. Also remember that you received medical forms within 2 weeks from submission of PR package - they need time to do the background and security check too.

If the case is still within processing standards (and seems it is) then you may not get any reply, although from you can read in this forum CHC London usually replies within few weeks anyway.
Thank you for your reply, and yes you are right there must be other obvious priorities...
The delay of my medicals was because my stepson (who is included in our application as a non accompanying) doesn't live in the same country, so his mother wanted my husband to go and do the tests with him, so had to arrange days off, tickets etc.

Standard for Quebec applicants according to their web page is 6 months, so it will be due in 2 weeks approx.

Thank you!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 6:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Lindita
Thank you for your reply, and yes you are right there must be other obvious priorities...
The delay of my medicals was because my stepson (who is included in our application as a non accompanying) doesn't live in the same country, so his mother wanted my husband to go and do the tests with him, so had to arrange days off, tickets etc.

Standard for Quebec applicants according to their web page is 6 months, so it will be due in 2 weeks approx.

Thank you!
1. Actually the processing time for 80% of Quebec applications at London is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...que.asp#europe is 5-10 months.
2. So I doubt that you will get a reply as your application is within their processing time frame.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 6:47 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindita
Hi,

I sent a specific mail enquire to the CHC in London regarding the status of my application and I haven't received any answer...
I thought Québec was done through Paris. Or did that stop after that massive scandal. But anyway, I found they took more notice of a fax.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Actually the processing time for 80% of Quebec applications at London is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...que.asp#europe is 5-10 months.
2. So I doubt that you will get a reply as your application is within their processing time frame.
Thank you PMM,
The average processing times at the CHC in London stated 6 months for Quebec selected candidates:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...raitement.aspx

So, I'll have to wait to see if I get a reply or not.

And as mentioned, I already have my CSQ, so no need to liaise with the BIQ of Paris since I am already on the federal side of the process.

Thank you all...