Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

expat in Oz who wants to be in canada

expat in Oz who wants to be in canada

Old May 12th 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

ozaintthatgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default expat in Oz who wants to be in canada

Hi everyone,

been over a year since i got PR for australia, I'm a Heavy vehicle mechanic or diesel fitter. We love Australia but just dont feel home, has anyone experience of doing the same and going for second visa. Im ex british forces so used to moving around but dont feel "AT HOME" in my new country.

My wife and i have visited both america and canada, and if i hadn't already applied for Aus visa i would def go for canada. Purely for the ease of travelling between countries and states.

Im a novice to the immigration process from australia to canada but not to the visa process in general(4 years for a PR 161 from uk to oz) total hell with so many hoops on top of hoops between hoops(you get the idea)

If any diesel mechanics have done the move, are the jobs as available as they are for people willing to work. Im only 36 and willing to work. experience with Kenworth, european trucks, western star and light commercial including busses.

Cheers
oatg
Old May 13th 2012, 7:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: expat in Oz who wants to be in canada

Hi, and welcome to the Canadian side of the forum.

First thing to do is figure out if you can move to Canada, maybe start with this Wiki article which will outline your options - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

HTH, good luck.