Wikiposts

EXIT VISA MIddle east

Old Jun 15th 2002, 7:21 pm
John P

Default EXIT VISA MIddle east

Dear Andrew , Jim or any of the Experts,

A friend of mine no longer works in the UAE. He left 5 yrs ago. He is applying
from India

He has no criminal problems - clean record. When he left, his company threatened to
black list him unless he sent his passport to them, with the authorities(this is
common practice with many of the "un scrupulous " companies out there)creating a
false allegation that he owed them some of the housing allowance which they
initially paid him.

My friend refused to send his passport as he was not sure he would receive it back
after the company claimed that they would use it to cancel his visa and issue him
some kind of exit visa. He chose to avoid that option.

His concern is that they could have possibly have black listed him-(he cant enter
the UAE) His concern is this may be an issue with the background check . Any
suggestions ?

Thanks

John

Old Jun 15th 2002, 9:25 pm
None Noner

Default Re: EXIT VISA MIddle east

He should contact the UAE consulate to clarify if there is anything of this sort.
Even if he was not an applicant for permanent residence, this is a very serious
situation if he truly has been barred from entering into another country, and should
try and resole the matter with the authorities.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 16th 2002, 1:24 am
Sn

why should he be barred to re-enter the UAE ? take it easy....it won't
happen....regarless of the allegations....beenn there...done that...even worse!

"None Noner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:9c9514dcbbb3faf70418dc787f5a4a9...e.mailgate.org...
    > He should contact the UAE consulate to clarify if there is anything of this sort.
    > Even if he was not an applicant for permanent residence, this is a very serious
    > situation if he truly has been barred from entering into another country, and
    > should try and resole the matter with the authorities.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 16th 2002, 10:20 am
John P

SEE THIS http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/ua...rticleID=33409

Job visa

From: Riaz, Dubai. I used to work for a company in Dubai. My company took a case
against me at the Ministry of Labour. I had to spend a night in jail and was
presented the next day in the Labour Court. I was granted bail, but my visa was
cancelled and the Ministry of Labour stamped a one-year-ban on my passport and
deported me.

After the ban period of one year, can another company issue me an employment visa? Is
there any chance that the request for a visa could be rejected after the ban period?

A worker who has had a ban of one year stamped in his passport can have a new visa
issued to him when the ban period ends.

http://posting.google.com/post

From: Melwyn Lobo, India. I worked in Dubai from 1998 till 2000. I went on leave in
2000 and have since not returned. I have not cancelled my visa, but instead requested
my company to cancel my visa without sending them my passport. If I want to go to the
UAE again, will I be granted a visit visa, and later an employment visa?

As you failed to have your residence visa cancelled before you left the country in
2000, you will not be able to obtain a visit visa. You should first have your
employment visa cancelled and later apply for another visa.

The problem you may face is whether your original employer reported you to the
immigration authorities as absconding. This entails a year-long-ban in your passport.
If that has happened, you would not be able to enter the country before the end of
the ban period.

SEE THE LAW HOW UNFAIR IT IS IN THE MIDDLE EAST

Complaint From: A Reader, Sharjah I am a 32-year-old woman who has been working in a
company as an administrator from September, 1998. My contract is unlimited and I am
on the company's sponsorship. My employer wants to terminate my services because of
my pregnancy. I have taken paid medical leave for a total of two and a half months
during my pregnancy after producing the relevant medical certificates.

Can I complain to the Labour Department since I feel my services have been terminated
because of my pregnancy? I will not have a job from November, 2001, and will not be
in a position to get a new job as I am pregnant and I will be losing out on 45 days
of paid maternity leave. If I wish to lodge a complaint, how soon should I do it and
what is the procedure?

I am due for an air ticket from the company after the third year. Would I be able to
get that? I am on the company sponsorship and wish to change to my husband's
sponsorship. If they decide to enforce a six-month ban, would it be difficult for me
to transfer my sponsorship?

A. If a company terminates the service of a worker, the worker is entitled to submit
a complaint to the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs demanding his dues,
including unpaid salaries, payment for annual leave not taken, payment for the
notice period, end of service gratuity and compensation for the arbitrary
dismissal.

The law does not fix a certain date for submitting the complaint, but this must be
done within a year, because dues lapse after a year from the date of maturity. If the
service is terminated by the company or the employer, a worker will be entitled to
demand an air ticket to return home. If a worker commits no violation of the law or
the employment contract, no ban stamp will be put in his passport, especially if the
company has decided to terminate his service. Visa cancellation From:A Reader, Dubai.

Our secretary went away on a week's vacation and has e-mailed since, saying that she
will not be able to return. We have a letter of resignation, a copy of her passport
and her original labour card and contract. Obviously, we do not have her original
passport. Are these documents sufficient to initiate visa cancellation procedures? If
not, what alternative do we have? Can we, for instance, advertise in the newspapers
that she has absconded? In the case of the latter, how long will the cancellation
take? Is there anything else I should know that might help speed things up?

No, these documents are not sufficient for having her visa cancelled. You can ask
her to send her passport so that you can have the visa cancelled and then return
it to her.

You can also inform the Residency Department that she has absconded. This would allow
your company to obtain a visa for a replacement secretary.

Re-entry From : Mrs Meena Vijay, Dubai.

I am an Indian woman with a UAE residence visa that is valid from
2000/05/20 to 2003/05/19. I left the UAE on September 19, 2000 and have not been
back since. I now want to re-enter the UAE for a short stay of one day on
an onward journey to India from Nigeria. I then want to travel back from
India. I have been told that I am not eligible to enter the UAE as I have
stayed out of the country more than six months. Am I eligible for re-entry
to the UAE, or not? If not, what are the formalities I must complete in
order to re-enter?

Unless you get your old visa cancelled you will not be issued with a new visit visa.
So you should contact your old sponsor and ask him to have your visa cancelled. Then
you can arrange for a visit visa. You can also submit a request to the Residency
Department to allow you to enter the country on your old visa, provided that you
submit a valid excuse for having been unable to return to the country within the
six-month period allowed.

Old Jun 16th 2002, 11:20 am
John P

Default Re: EXIT VISA MIddle east http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/uae.asp?ArticleID=23659

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/ua...rticleID=23659 Visiting Dubai From: Molly
Mathew, New Jersey, USA. I was a resident of Dubai from 1996 to '98. I left Dubai in
1998 without cancelling my residence visa and I now live in the U.S. I would like to
visit Dubai in August 2001 on my way to India. Can I come to Dubai for 96 hours on a
transit visa provided by the airlines?

A. You can visit Dubai any time if you obtain a visa issued by the competent
authorities. The old visa will be cancelled on your arrival at the airport.

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:20 pm
John P

"None Noner" <[email protected]> wrote in message see this

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/ua...rticleID=22604 Year-long ban stamp From:
J. Wilson, Dubai.

My brother, who was working with me in the same company for more than three years,
went on his annual leave in July last year. Unfortunately, during that time, my
mother fell seriously ill, and my brother decided to stay and look after her, while I
worked here. He resigned from the company stating the reason. Two months later, my
mother died. It has been more than six months since my brother left Dubai. I want to
find him a new job in a new company here. Would his ban still be in effect? Would he
be able to get a new visa from a new company?

In order for your brother to take on another job, his resignation must have been
accepted by the original employer and his residence visa have been cancelled without
a ban stamp. The original employer may have considered him an absconder, which would
then have earned him a year-long ban stamp in his passport

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:20 pm
John P

"New visa From: Sonia Fernando, Dubai.

My husband left the UAE without cancelling his residence visa, and now his visa has
expired. My two sons and I are still on his sponsorship and our visas are valid till
January 2002. Can my husband enter the country on an employment/visit visa while my
children and I are still here? Does he have to cancel his earlier employment visa
first? If he forwards his passport for a visa cancellation, will our visas (those of
the children and I) be automatically cancelled also? His old employer has no
objection to his taking up another job.

Your husband can come back to the country on a new visa. It is not compulsory for his
expired visa to be cancelled first. If your husband sends his passport to have the
visa cancelled, the visas of his family must subsequently be cancelled