Excessive Demand Plan

Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excessive Demand Plan

Originally Posted by xxdb
If all the wee man is getting extra is "social group" then he could be "assisted" by going to the *free* "boys and girls" club or boy scouts or something else similar.

I suspect all they are looking for is like skimom already did, check boxes to be ticked to cover their behinds. So break it down piece by piece and provide a bit of paperwork to cover each point. e.g. letters from teachers et cetera

Bear in mind that these people are basically civil servants. If you are able to provide "evidence" in the form of paperwork to tick the checkboxes you are good to go.
Thanks xxdb,
I do actually think we will get there in the end. I dont think for a minute that they will refuse us in the end......it's just the wait is horrendous!!! We were hoping to land last August haha how foolish was that?
Getting all the docs together now and have had confirmation from the local school that they are happy to take him. The school board have been in touch also and are happy to lend a hand with getting things organised also.

Keeping me busy...thats for sure!

Hope you are well and love to BB
xx
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:36 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Well done - great to get such positive responses! I'm sure you feel much better knowing that you are getting well prepared to respond to the dreaded letter if it arrives. I am sure it will just be a matter of time before you too are accepted!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excessive Demand.......who knows?

Just thought I'd chuck in 2 cents worth having been down this road. First of all, try not to lose too much sleep LinsyPinsy, I am sure that you'll be okay in the end. If you do get a letter it does feel like a black art trying to work out how to respond, however, provided your solution is credible and affordable (if private services are necessary) then you will have answered their concerns.

What I find particularly ironic is having had a daughter who was indeed deemed an 'excessive demand,' and subsequently submitted my challenging response and mitigating plan, I have no idea what my daughter's final FOSS/CAIPS coding was? All I know for certain is that we were accepted and granted PR status. If CiC accepted my challenge and she's been coded as 'no longer an excessive demand' then there is no requirement for me to deliver my proposed plan. However, if she was accepted based on my mitigating plan then we obviously have an obligation to deliver it. Is it just me or wouldn't it make sense to let the applicant (us) know exactly where they stand. At the end of the day, my daughter's visa looks no different than all of our other ones, so your guess is as good as mine.......
Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excessive Demand.......who knows?

Originally Posted by joepublic
Just thought I'd chuck in 2 cents worth having been down this road. First of all, try not to lose too much sleep LinsyPinsy, I am sure that you'll be okay in the end. If you do get a letter it does feel like a black art trying to work out how to respond, however, provided your solution is credible and affordable (if private services are necessary) then you will have answered their concerns.

What I find particularly ironic is having had a daughter who was indeed deemed an 'excessive demand,' and subsequently submitted my challenging response and mitigating plan, I have no idea what my daughter's final FOSS/CAIPS coding was? All I know for certain is that we were accepted and granted PR status. If CiC accepted my challenge and she's been coded as 'no longer an excessive demand' then there is no requirement for me to deliver my proposed plan. However, if she was accepted based on my mitigating plan then we obviously have an obligation to deliver it. Is it just me or wouldn't it make sense to let the applicant (us) know exactly where they stand. At the end of the day, my daughter's visa looks no different than all of our other ones, so your guess is as good as mine.......
Thanks for your reply JP. The 3 months that they have to respond is tommorrow (although I doubt they will take their own timescale serious ) so I guess we should hear one way or the other soon.
Im going to send a case specific email this week chasing it up, just so I feel Im doing something I'll also ask if they require more police certs also, just for the hell of it.

Hhhmmm....frustrated

Its such an interesting point you raise though....how do they find out if you are doing what was in the plan. I guess you want to be honest, but how do you actually go about that???

If you get an answer on that let us know. All the best of luck and your story gives us all a lesson in perseverance.

lns
Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

My guess of an answer:

If it's like the letter of sponsorship that you have to sign to sponsor a wife or parent for ten years then yes, you're right, they have no way to stop you from accessing the system once you are inside of Canada.

That said, if you DO access the system while there it does come back to bite you such as not letting you apply for citizenship (as is the case when you access the system as a sponsoree) and then the government chasing the sponsor for the funds later.

It's probably better to prove to them point by point that they were *wrong* about the "excessive care" thing.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by xxdb
It's probably better to prove to them point by point that they were *wrong* about the "excessive care" thing.
I guess you are right and that is definately appropriate in my case...but I guess there are cases that perhaps do fall into that catagory and these wee ones do need more help and would be deemed excessive demand however unfair this may seem.
lns
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Ndldream is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Skimom, Jeopublic, Luvmykids, debbiem, Robin.

I have applied for Quebec skilled worker immigration. We did our medical test last march 2011, we have our 3 years and half old son with some autistic traits(speech delay) but not yet diagnosed as autistic child. Because of speech delay and some behavior caracteristics we put him in a special education school and during the medical test we submitted his school report to the DMP. Our medical reached London at 31 March.
When I requested for the update to VO, they have replied that they have only received medical results for me, my wife and our 5 years old daughter, but they didn't received our son's medical results. They have said that his medical results were under review my Medical section in London.
Knowing our son's conditions we are affraid to fall under excessive demand category and because of that I will appreciate it if you could support us when it comes to outline a plan.
Having read some post in this forum, I have already contacted some private schools and got an job offer in Quebec.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ndldream

Last edited by Ndldream; Jul 28th 2011 at 10:28 am. Reason: mistake
Old Jul 29th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ndldream

I have applied for Quebec skilled worker immigration. We did our medical test last march 2011, we have our 3 years and half old son with some autistic traits(speech delay) but not yet diagnosed as autistic child. Because of speech delay and some behavior caracteristics we put him in a special education school and during the medical test we submitted his school report to the DMP. Our medical reached London at 31 March.
When I requested for the update to VO, they have replied that they have only received medical results for me, my wife and our 5 years old daughter, but they didn't received our son's medical results. They have said that his medical results were under review my Medical section in London.
Knowing our son's conditions we are affraid to fall under excessive demand category and because of that I will appreciate it if you could support us when it comes to outline a plan.
Having read some post in this forum, I have already contacted some private schools and got an job offer in Quebec.
Ndldream
Hiya,
This could go a couple of ways for you.
Either he will be automatically deemed excessive demand once they review his file or you will have to provide extra info on your son. He may then be deemed excessive demand and you will have to sign a form to say that you will pay for anything extra he may need or -as in our case they may review the additional info and be content that he may not cost the state anything and therefore not be excessive demand.
This is overcomeable (is that a word?) so do not give up.
I guess you have to sort out in your head if you think your son would cause an excessive demand and formulate your plan around that. We were lucky and didn't need to do a plan, as they agreed with us that he wasn't excessive demand, but I know of others on the forum that knew that there were certain aspects that did deem them in that category and their plan accepted that and mitigated the cost themselves.

We are all here to help you, so ask away.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you LinsyPinsy
I am still waiting feedback from VO.
I hope to get much more support from you and other people who have faced such an excessive demand case.
Ndldream.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ndldream

Ndldream
You've done the right thing with preempting the worst case scenario. Better to have a basic plan in draft than nothing at all. To be honest, in my experience the whole 'Excessive Demand' thing is a farce anyway. The letter we eventually received was vague at best i.e. they give you an overall dollar figure they think your child will cost and an idea of the services they are 'likely' to require. There's no breakdown of the costs and no indication of what specific services they may need or how often. You're then supposed to submit a plan 'mitigating' the need, when you don't really know what you're supposed to be mitigating. Once you submit your plan, provided the outcome is favourable, you then get nothing more than a PPR; there's no follow up, i.e. you have no idea whether your child is still an 'excessive demand' or not, or whether they've just accepted your proposed mitigation. Part of the plan is the ability to challenge the medical assessment and forecasted services; unfortunately, you don't get notified whether your challenges have been accepted or not. You're basically left to deliver your 'intended' plan, not knowing whether you actually need to or not. It's worth mentioning that the 'Letter of Intent' is exactly that; an 'intent' and nothing more. Should your 'intent' change once you've arrived and assessed the situation on the ground then that's your prerogative. The letter isn't legally binding, which is something I took the time to research via an Immigration Lawyer and Immigration Agency. If and when you do get an "Excessive Demand' letter, my advice would be to put together a credible and affordable plan, which covers all the generalized concerns in the letter and you won't go too far wrong.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot dear friend.
I am still wating for the feedback from them. I think I will hire the service of a lawyer definitely but don't know how much he will ask for the service...alone it's very difficult to challence them.
Regards,
Ndldream
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:47 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

we have an aspie, and BC PNP didnt bat an eyelid, so we have TWP granted, hopefully while we are living there for a year waiting for PR they will see he is not accessing too many services. he is on one medication for anxiety ( he is 11 and its a recent thing) but not a lot else. he is in mainstream school and although is currently heavily relying on learning support department, he has just started secondary school so its understandable.
i just hope we dont get out there and find they wont give us PR because of his abilities. he has a massive IQ, a photographic memory and can strip and rebuild a computer in about 20 minutes.
are we likely to hit a massive roadblock here? anyone got feedback. thanks in advance,
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
we have an aspie, and BC PNP didnt bat an eyelid, so we have TWP granted,
BC PNP wouldn't have had an issue with any medical problem, and it will have had no relevance to your TWP application. It's at the PR stage that any problem will arise, although I hope it doesn't - fingers crossed for you.

Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:00 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Hi TJ,

As stated above, during the PR medical this will get flagged up. If you do a search of previous threads to do with Asperger's and special needs, you will see that several of us have been through this scenario over the past couple of years. You will be able to read up on what we faced and how we dealt with it.

You should be prepared to provide extra information, reports etc so as to show that your son will not be an excessive demand on social, medical and educational services. We were lucky in that our son does not need support at school now, needs no meds etc and we could provide a thick file of evidence to that effect. We also had to put forward a Plan, as mentioned by Joe Public above, so you need to be prepared for this. I would start gathering info, reports, letters etc in good time as if you do get an Excessive Demand letter you only have a couple of months to submit everything.

It may be that, like LinsyPinsy, you get everything ready and then they accept the info already provided at the Medical. Unfortunately, we had to provide more - at a large amount of expense, stress and extra waiting time. Still, we got there in the end - which is all that matters.

Good luck with your PR process! all goes well for you.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:40 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, we will start to get details together. He will need additional help at school just to fit in. But academically he is sorted. We have been advised to cost his meds in the uk (if he was buying them not on nhs) as long as this and any other services he is likely to require (none) are less than $18,000 pa it should be ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.