Is this excessive

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:19 am
Just Joined

IanD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this excessive

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know how long it takes for CIC to recieve medical results.
We did our medicals in Missisaga in May and have had no feed back to-date.
Does everyones take this long or is this excessive?
Is there any way of checking that they have been received?
Any responce would be welcome
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:24 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Is this excessive

I can't speak generally, but I did my medical in London and the doctor's office sent the results by courier to the High Commission within a couple of days. And it wasn't because there was anything wrong!

Originally Posted by IanD
Hi all,

Does anyone out there know how long it takes for CIC to recieve medical results.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:55 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you know that CIC didn't receive medicals? Did you ask DMP to use courier or other mail that can be tracked?

You won't get anything from CIC when they receive medicals - decision will be sent electronically to visa post. Only if you were required to undergo additional test you would have been notified - no notification or additional request since May means that nothing extra was required.

If you thought that passport request will come after medicals then you were wrong, sorry. Medicals are not the last task - your background/security check has been initiated after interview waiver (or after successful interview) and depending from your background, nationality, associations, activities, etc. this task may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to conclude.

Originally Posted by IanD
Hi all,

Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:44 am
Just Joined

FinoSeven is an unknown quantity at this point

Did my medical in Feb 04, didn't recieve any reply (from Buffalo CIC office) until October 04.

Did send my fingerprints etc off at the same time to the RCMP so I'm not sure if the delay was the medical or the security check.

Did eventually get my papers but it has made a difference because the expiry date is marked Feb 2005 as this is one year from the medical. This doesn't always happen though, the immigration offical writing the papers can use the expiry date of the passport instead.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 4:22 am
Just Joined

IanD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
How do you know that CIC didn't receive medicals? Did you ask DMP to use courier or other mail that can be tracked?

You won't get anything from CIC when they receive medicals - decision will be sent electronically to visa post. Only if you were required to undergo additional test you would have been notified - no notification or additional request since May means that nothing extra was required.

If you thought that passport request will come after medicals then you were wrong, sorry. Medicals are not the last task - your background/security check has been initiated after interview waiver (or after successful interview) and depending from your background, nationality, associations, activities, etc. this task may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to conclude.
How do you know that CIC didn't receive medicals?
That's just it, "i don't know if they didn't receive medicals". I don't now if they did either. I KNOW NOTHING

Did you ask DMP to use courier or other mail that can be tracked?
We did the medicals and were relieved of more money. Never thought about requesting courier, did't expect it was required.

Interview was waivered, I/we are born and bred English, we've had UK Police clearance completed and Canadian (twice because the canadian one expired).

We are going to Buffalo, pre Jan 14th for work visa renewal. Sods law says I receive PP request on the 15th.