Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Excellent News LMO approved - what next ?

Excellent News LMO approved - what next ?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excellent News LMO approved - what next ?

Hi folks , just to inform people that i have had my LMO approved in New Brunswick .My future employer is forwarding me a copy when he recieves it.

I have aslo got Perminent Residency visa currently being reviewed at the moment .My hopes are that i can get this LMO to them with my application before a final decision is made .Am i right in thinking i can just give them a refernce number for it which my future employer willl already have at this momnet in time?

Also is it beneficial for me to apply fro a work permit asap anyway so as we can get on witht the move ?

Any advice much appreciated .

cheers Dave

ps i think its took around 2 - 3 weeks for the decision to be made regarding LMO.

Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excellent News LMO approved - what next ?

Originally Posted by wizaird
Hi folks , just to inform people that i have had my LMO approved in New Brunswick .My future employer is forwarding me a copy when he recieves it.

Congratulations hun

I have aslo got Perminent Residency visa currently being reviewed at the moment .My hopes are that i can get this LMO to them with my application before a final decision is made .

You dont send the LMO for fast tracking you PR application

Am i right in thinking i can just give them a refernce number for it which my future employer willl already have at this momnet in time?

You need to send a letter to visa post from your employer stating that once PR is achieved you have a perm job

Also is it beneficial for me to apply fro a work permit asap anyway so as we can get on witht the move ?

[I]You will have to apply for your work permit to be able to go over and start work. If you dont need a medical why not collect your WP at the Port of Entry ? Do a forum search for WP at POE.[/I]

Any advice much appreciated .

cheers Dave

ps i think its took around 2 - 3 weeks for the decision to be made regarding LMO.

There is a thread for HRDSC timelines if you want to add to it
HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Excellent News LMO approved - what next ?

Hi Gaynor .thanks for the info .However I'm a little confused .I was led to believe that I would need a positive LMO to accompany my application which would already include the job offer and terms of employment from my employer.This could then be used to qualify for the 10 points for arranged employment.I was told that a letter offering me a job from my employer would simply not be enough.

Also how do you know which jobs require a medical before the issue of a work permit and what paperwork will I need .Will I need another police check?

What is the charges for a work permit ?

~Any info much appreciated .

Ps a lot of the info I am referring to was passed onto me by Andrew Miller with regards to Lmo so maybe he could clarify a few things here ?

thanks again Dave
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:36 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wizaird
Hi Gaynor .thanks for the info .However I'm a little confused .I was led to believe that I would need a positive LMO to accompany my application which would already include the job offer and terms of employment from my employer.This could then be used to qualify for the 10 points for arranged employment.I was told that a letter offering me a job from my employer would simply not be enough.

Also how do you know which jobs require a medical before the issue of a work permit and what paperwork will I need .Will I need another police check?

What is the charges for a work permit ?

~Any info much appreciated .

Ps a lot of the info I am referring to was passed onto me by Andrew Miller with regards to Lmo so maybe he could clarify a few things here ?

thanks again Dave
To get Arranged Employment points ( or to try at least ) you need :

Copy of Work Permit
Wage Slips from Canadian job
Letter from Can Emp offering permanent job after PR
I would also include updated forms, photos, police checks.

Paul
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:42 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on receiving your LMO. If if only took you 2-3 weeks I would think very carefully before telling the guys on teh LMO thread

Some of them have been waiting over 3 months!!!!!