Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ex-Wildy Immigration client... desperately seeking help...

Ex-Wildy Immigration client... desperately seeking help...

Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

MapleLite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex-Wildy Immigration client... desperately seeking help...

SO, I really don't know what to do. I believed that Paul submitted my FSW application in December last year... but I have no way of checking its progress, or indeed knowing if it was really submitted. I sent through a change of address in February to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, but have had no acknowledgement of that. I don't have the necessary ' copy of your application; your financial receipts (IMM 5401); or any letter or official document issued to you by CIC.' so I can't check online if my application was approved or denied. I have no idea if a letter has gone to Wildy's office and is just sitting there - or what... I'm utterly stuck and have no idea what on earth to do. It's been 6 months now since my application supposedly went in. I guess I'd know if it was turned down by now... But I can't find out. Does anyone have any kind of idea what the heck I can do? Rather desperate and depressed here... Thank you for any help.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex-Wildy Immigration client... desperately seeking help...

Howdy - you should contact your local MLA and ask for their help. They should be able to find out an update on your file for you.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks but why would an MLA help me? I'm here on basically as a visitor. I can't work/pay tax etc here - I certainly can't vote...
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration stuff will not get sorted out by a receiver if one is appointed. The receiver's job is merely to sort out the finances (and they get paid first) and close the company down. Each individual is on their own with the immigration matters, if they have a file number it is easier to follow up. Hopefully you MLA can help if you don't have a file number. Another option is to write to CIC and send the letter registered, this may prompt CIC into action.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleLite
Thanks but why would an MLA help me? I'm here on basically as a visitor. I can't work/pay tax etc here - I certainly can't vote...
You won't know unless you ask them.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

I know a receiver has nothing to do with immigration... I'm hugely frustrated as I've mailed CIC several times and haven't heard anything... It's been months. I've no idea about what has happened with my application and have no way of finding out without any file numbers etc... I'll try my MLA and see what they say. I've nothing to lose after all. I felt sorry for Paul when I heard his news, but as the months have gone on, and as I've come to realize how utterly screwed I am, I have felt that sympathy ebb away. I'm starting to think he didn't even put my application in.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I had problems with CIC dragging their feet with my PR app and my MLA was fantastic - certainly got some movement going
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:29 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

They will help you - even if you are only here as a visitor. Also - what about contacting Lola and seeing if she is still in touch with Paul - she could perhaps ask him to provide the information you need and he may do it if she asks him?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Well, that's nice. I just contacted em and the guy on the phone just basically told me I was an idiot for using a representative
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:51 pm

Well, that's nice. I just contacted em and the guy on the phone just basically told me I was an idiot for using a representative
That was nice of him! Did he offer you any help? I assume you have called the CIC call centre too to see if they can find an application?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

I have. They always tell me they can't help and to do it online/in the mail. Which I have. And had no acknowledgement of my change of address/stop use of a representative... *Bangs head on wall*
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:11 pm

I have. They always tell me they can't help and to do it online/in the mail. Which I have. And had no acknowledgement of my change of address/stop use of a representative... *Bangs head on wall*
ARGH. Try this - send a case specific e-mail stating your full name, date of birth, type of application submitted and the around-about date you submitted it. Explain what has happened and the situation you find yourself in now and how you require an update on what has happened/is happening with your application. Explain what you have already done to try and resolve this issue. Send this e-mail to the following - all in one e-mail, do not send to them individually.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These e-mail contacts are for when you need to escalate your request because of a lack of response from CIC.

Good luck - again!
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Amy - Ive contacted SO MANY PEOPLE and got nowhere... it is exhausting.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:20 pm

Thanks Amy - Ive contacted SO MANY PEOPLE and got nowhere... it is exhausting.
I know and it is disheartening when you feel like you are not getting anywhere. Fingers crossed you will hear something very soon x
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Oh wow. I finally spoke to someone helpful at CIC. OK - so crappy news. I got turned down on my application as a FREELANCE because I didn't have a job offer. But at least I know. And she changed my address. Uuuurgh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.